Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 00:08   #1

Help Experts - Blaupunkt Memphis

Hi Experts,

I recently got my santro with Blaupunkt Memphis with GTX 693 in rear & GTX 542 in front. It was good untill the 1st servicing where they washed my speakers toooo :( . Now, it even sounds pathetic then the duplicate sony players.

I invested quite a good amount in it cause of the Bluetooth, USB Drive, USB HDD, iPOD support but need your suggestion on how to make it better then before. Does repairing these speaker will help or need to replace? Do I replace with Alpine or Hertz or just add a 4 channel amp?

Also, Do I really need a 10" woofer for bass or 8" JBL would be enuff with a mono amp?

Please suggest. thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sumanta
Old 13th October 2007, 00:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

IMO, be merciless towards the service station people. Since it was the first service, the Hyundai service station can be held responsible. Take it up against the fellows including the manager and get a replacement. After all, it was hard earned money.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumantab20 View Post
...It was good untill the 1st servicing where they washed my speakers toooo :( . Now, it even sounds pathetic then the duplicate sony players... Does repairing these speaker will help or need to replace? Do I replace with Alpine or Hertz or just add a 4 channel amp?

Also, Do I really need a 10" woofer for bass or 8" JBL would be enuff with a mono amp?
Sorry to hear about this, buddy! Happened to me once long back. Since then I always stand with my car when it is washed. Never get it washed by the A.S.S. chaps. And I never let the door be opened during a pressure wash -- I don't let them do air-pressure cleaning inside either.

If the speakers sound bad even after they dried-out, I guess they are gone.

How did they manage to wash the front speakers of a Santro? Unless you have them installed on a door. I guess you do, since the size you've mentioned in 5.25". And where are the rear speakers installed? They must have been really rash to wet both the fronts and the rears. If you got the speakers installed from the showroom, push for a replacement by the A.S.S. guys! Else, at least give a written complaint and forward a copy to Hyundai. You should try and get the replacement bill footed by them.

If you bought the speakers from a Blau Showroom, depending on how friendly you are with the people at your Blau showroom, you might get the speakers replaced if you buy something better from them. They might reduce the price of the old speakers from the total, mark the old ones as replaced. I've known it to happen. Total win-win.

Adding an amp to the current speakers will not help.

If you want to add an amp with the new speakers, I'd suggest that you get a 4-ch amp and use it with the speakers first. If you feel you need more bass, add a sub later and run it off the rear channels of the 4-ch amp (bridged). If you're getting a subwoofer anyway, getting a minimum of 10" would be a good idea. BTW, I don't think JBL has an 8" woofer.

Last edited by hydrashok : 13th October 2007 at 09:08.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumantab20 View Post
I recently got my santro with Blaupunkt Memphis
I invested quite a good amount in it cause of the Bluetooth, USB Drive, USB HDD, iPOD support but need your suggestion on how to make it better then before. Does repairing these speaker will help or need to replace? Do I replace with Alpine or Hertz or just add a 4 channel amp?
Speakers: for 10K you can get a good pair of front components and rear coax from brands like JBL, Hertz, Illusion. Alpine Type S and Blau Thx/Thc is a triffle more.

Amp: For 7K you can get teh JBL GT5, Pio 6300, Blau GT4, or Kenwood 8401 amp.

Sub: for 5K you can get the Pio 307 or JBL GT5 in a sealed box.

Add 3 K for wires and install and your grand total will come to 25K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks