Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 01:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

JBL products - misconstrued by NDTV?

I came across this video on youtube:

1. I did not understand why she says "a" 12" subwoofer when she can clearly see two?

2. What is all this about using the boot as an enclosure?

3. There were quite a few things which are obviously wrong.

What in the world is happening here? Sam bhai?

OT: By the way, I hate her fake accent.
Old 13th October 2007, 03:47   #2
BHPian

That's alarming!!!
@SAM :-JBL adv on air,saw it today on star movies for first time,nice theme and animation.

Cheers!
Old 13th October 2007, 08:33   #3
BHPian

Ya I too saw yesterday JBL ad on Star Movies, nice animation and theme
Old 13th October 2007, 08:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I came across this video on Youtube:

YouTube - T3 discovers some JBL car audio in Mumbai
It shouldn't happen. But well, I remember that article in the TOI that mentioned a Ferrari F Ford Fifty (the article is mentioned someplace on TBHP in the context of one of spiderman's cars). You shouldn't overestimate quite a few our journos. They have deadlines to meet, and miles to go before they sleep, so well, what if a bit of content suffers...

All Sam can do is give them the info. Then they cut and edit that info to suit the show. Then somebody comes around and cuts a bit off the segment so it will fit in the required time-frame. :(

[I've had worse experiences with newspaper press-releases. They even change the name of the product so it fits into a line, without being hyphenated!!!]

DISCLAIMER: Not intended or targeted at all journalists in general (though it may read that way). Just at Journos who tend to doublespeak and fudge on a bit of research and double-checking.

Quote:
Goes x2 for me. I'd watched the vids that Sam had posted of the Euro Show in his Euro Odyssey thread and this was the first thing that struck me. Maybe its me, but the way she speaks, irritates. Maybe that's why I was being a bit acidic in what I said above.

Last edited by hydrashok : 13th October 2007 at 08:46.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:22   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, come on, be nice.

Yes, she said many things wrong. It happens all the time when television shows talk about technical stuff made of multiple components.

Unlike other shows, the anchor here has to do her own research, compile her own story and write her own script.

Abha is a sweet lady who is doing her best (and working very hard) to host a show that will be watched mostly by men - she's trying to do her best. Her accent is a little muddled because she has spent most of her life studying abroad. Be kind.

Quote:
@SAM :-JBL adv on air,saw it today on star movies for first time,nice theme and animation.
Quote:
You've just totally made my day today Thank you so much.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:36   #6
BHPian

OT: ....and Abha is pretty! So we should all forgive her:
Old 13th October 2007, 10:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You shouldn't overestimate quite a few our journos. They have deadlines to meet, and miles to go before they sleep, so well, what if a bit of content suffers...

All Sam can do is give them the info. Then they cut and edit that info to suit the show. Then somebody comes around and cuts a bit off the segment so it will fit in the required time-frame. :(
I agree Hydra, I was totally annoyed when I saw this video yesterday. It is disgusting to see that persons involved in making the show don't even try to get the correct information.

Calling 1204D (in text) a woofer instead of subwoofer was blatantly wrong. Jeez, aren't there a lot of things we can crib about in that silly video!

Since Sam clarified that he never gave her the info, I think we should relax. Sam, can I have her phone number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
There is a discussion happening on Orkut about the advertisement. Even I think they've given a very young and fresh look to it. The attention to detail and using the chopper sound to show the noise-cancelling headphone are the best things about the ad.

Cheers!
Old 13th October 2007, 10:49   #8
BHPian

@ rockstar: As if Sam will give you her number. If he does, I wish my wife goes to my in-laws for a few days
Old 13th October 2007, 10:55   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Guys, come on, be nice.
Unlike other shows, the anchor here has to do her own research, compile her own story and write her own script..

Quote:
I agree Hydra, I was totally annoyed when I saw this video yesterday. It is disgusting to see that persons involved in making the show don't even try to get the correct information.

Calling 1204D (in text) a woofer instead of subwoofer was blatantly wrong. Jeez, aren't there a lot of things we can crib about in that silly video!heers!
I agree with Sam. If you want someone will be technicaly correct on car audio or even just plain audio you will have to deal with seeing someone like B&T on TV. Now B&T is not the UMOC but he is not Abha.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ad last night on Star Movies Sam, looks good! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I agree with Sam. If you want someone will be technicaly correct on car audio or even just plain audio you will have to deal with seeing someone like B&T on TV. Now B&T is not the UMOC but he is not Abha.
Abha rocks! (Thank God for small mercies!)
Old 13th October 2007, 11:08   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey that is a low-res pre production ad. If you'd like to download the final ad, you can find a 5MB mov copy here.

For those interested in animation - the animators were brilliant. We wrote the story and worked very closely with the storyboard artists, character and car designers and a very talented 100% INDIAN TEAM. Yeah!!
We are big fans of Manga, but wanted more than the standard 2D wide eyed Japan cartoons. So the animators worked with path breaking new software, created the animation in 3D and flattened it to 2.5D, thats why there's a lot of gloss in the ad.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th October 2007 at 11:14.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

I just downloaded the MOV copy of the ad. I really liked it -- it was really nice, with a lot of life and verve and dynamism! Hats off to the animators! Should watch for it on TV. Sam, any idea when it airs next?

And that's what your sig was all about, huh, Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
...If you want someone will be technicaly correct on car audio or even just plain audio you will have to deal with seeing someone like B&T on TV. Now B&T is not the UMOC but he is not Abha.
So true. I'd take (quite) a bit of eye-candy over an all-tech-&-no-fun show any day. But I do wish they'd get their facts right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Abha is a sweet lady who is doing her best (and working very hard) to host a show that will be watched mostly by men - she's trying to do her best...
Put that way, she is indeed a brave soul. (Guess I was a little too acerbic earlier -- got off the wrong side of bed today). Can I have her number too, so I can call and apologise?

Last edited by hydrashok : 13th October 2007 at 11:57.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I came across this video on Youtube:

YouTube - T3 discovers some JBL car audio in Mumbai

1. I did not understand why she says "a" 12" subwoofer when she can clearly see two?

2. What is all this about using the boot as an enclosure?

What in the world is happening here? Sam bhai?

After reading so much abt this, I gave it a look, That Video indeed was funny, she had muddled up all the info, The car was in front of MA car studio or something in Andheri, The Lightning Audio Swift was standing right next to the lancer as it left.
And yes, that accent is quite horrible, maybe she has studied abroad, but she sounds like she is faking it. I had heard another reporter on Times Now with a good American Accent, but what are these people trying to prove anyway ??
Old 13th October 2007, 12:23   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Should watch for it on TV. Sam, any idea when it airs next?
How do I tell you when it airs next? - it's going to be everywhere. Star Movies, Star World, HBO, CNBC, VH1, ESPN - you will see it somehow lol.
Plus the chamillionaire gigs (check VH1 etc), plus we sponsor friday night premiere on Star Movies, some HBO box office hits - all the good stuff.
Old 13th October 2007, 12:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
I had heard another reporter on Times Now with a good American Accent, but what are these people trying to prove anyway ??
Probably that they've been educated at institutions abroad & are a cut above the normal reporters. in cases where it is genuine I guess its passable but when it seems to be fake & forced, I think it sounds really stupid.

But we'll give Abha the benefit of doubt since Sam says so!

P.S. And also because she's pretty! Actually that's the only reason

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks