Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 10:10   #1
BHPian

Help me gettin my new Getz ICEd Up...

1. My Car: Hyundai Getz Prime 1.1

2. My current setup (If any): None

3. My Budget: 20K (+2K Max)

4. Self Driven

5. My Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Dream Trance, Progressive Trance, Alternative Rock, Popular Rock, House, Bollywood Remakes...

Additional Information:

6. Boot space is huge in my Getz, so I can sacrifice some of that, I'm not willin to modify door panels

Ok Guru's I've filled up the form as required (above).
Now, coming to the grind, I want to ensure that people sit up and take notice wherever I pass from, in short, I want to "Flaunt".
I am of the JBL fan type, so I'd prefer a config with JBL Sealed Box/Tube and JBL Speakers.
And the HU should compulsorily have a USB input.
Can you please give me a good configuration with the "Without B&W" and "With B&W" prices?
If it is not possible to fit in the present budget, please enlighten me about the budget required to go for the recommended configuration...

PS: Mods, I tried to search heavily in the forums to come to my own conclusion, but the more I searched the more I got convinced that it is necessary to ask the Guru's with a new thread. If I've offended any rules of postin, kindly excuse...
Old 13th October 2007, 11:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
3. My Budget: 20K (+2K Max)
5. My Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Dream Trance, Progressive Trance, Alternative Rock, Popular Rock, House, Bollywood Remakes...
For 20-22K here are 2 options.

HU: 4-5K Pio 2950 or Blau Mumbai
Amp: 7K (JBL GT5, Kenwood, 8401, Pio 6300)
sub: 5K Pio 307 or JBL GT5 in sealed box
speakers: for coax speakers 7-8K JBL GT5, Blau GTx,
total : 22-24K + wires and install

or

HU: 6K Pio 4950/5950
Amp: 7K same as above + Blau GT4
Speakers: 9K 2 6" components in front doors and 2 6x9 on MDF rear deck. JBL CS /GT5 series
Total 22K
Old 13th October 2007, 11:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
For 20-22K here are 2 options.

HU: 4-5K Pio 2950 or Blau Mumbai
Amp: 7K (JBL GT5, Kenwood, 8401, Pio 6300)
sub: 5K Pio 307 or JBL GT5 in sealed box
speakers: for coax speakers 7-8K JBL GT5, Blau GTx,
total : 22-24K + wires and install

or

HU: 6K Pio 4950/5950
Amp: 7K same as above + Blau GT4
Speakers: 9K 2 6" components in front doors and 2 6x9 on MDF rear deck. JBL CS /GT5 series
Total 22K

Navin, none of these HU's have USB, and 2950 does not even have a sub control!!!! It starts with the 3950 and above
Old 13th October 2007, 11:33   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm not willin to modify door panels

I want to ensure that people sit up and take notice wherever I pass from, in short, I want to "Flaunt".
I am of the JBL fan type, so I'd prefer a config with JBL Sealed Box/Tube and JBL Speakers.
And the HU should compulsorily have a USB input.
That's easy.
If you like JBL - go for the GTO607 in the front. IN the rear put the GTO637. Thats about 8 or 9K for both. Buy a CS1204T - it's LOUD and fun and everyone WILL notice you flaunting (I love that!lol) That should cost you 6 to 6.5K

Now get a 4 channel budget amp - like the pioneer (5 or 6K) and connect the rear channels bridged to the tube and front to the 607.

That's about 20K lol. Now get a head unit and you've crossed your budget. Mission accomplished!!
Old 13th October 2007, 11:33   #5
BHPian

Thanks for your response folks...
Yup!! USB intake is necessary for me...
Else, I'm ready to compromise if there is a possibility of connecting a pen drive to the AUX input via a conversion cable or like... Is somethin like it available? What would it cost?
And moreover can we control the contents of the PenDrive with the HU (I mean skipping a song, folder, etc...)?
Old 13th October 2007, 11:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

well in that case the only options i the Pio 7950 (for USB) at 8-9K leaving only 12K for the speakers and no amp.
Old 13th October 2007, 11:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
That's easy.
If you like JBL - go for the GTO607 in the front. IN the rear put the GTO637. Thats about 8 or 9K for both. Buy a CS1204T - it's LOUD and fun and everyone WILL notice you flaunting (I love that!lol) That should cost you 6 to 6.5K

Now get a 4 channel budget amp - like the pioneer (5 or 6K) and connect the rear channels bridged to the tube and front to the 607.

That's about 20K lol. Now get a head unit and you've crossed your budget. Mission accomplished!!
what no HU?
Old 13th October 2007, 13:01   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
what no HU?
I said na! Get a head unit and we've crossed your budget.

You don't listen to me anymore. You don't pay attention. You've really changed. Where's the old man I fell in love with. What has happened to us? Don't you realise I need you to read what I say. Why is it always about you? We don't spend any quality time together. You're always busy working and here I am trying to talk to you. This isn't working for me, I need you to give me more attention.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You don't listen to me anymore. You don't pay attention. You've really changed. Where's the old man I fell in love with. What has happened to us? Don't you realise I need you to read what I say. Why is it always about you? We don't spend any quality time together. You're always busy working and here I am trying to talk to you. This isn't working for me, I need you to give me more attention.
I think Sam Bhai is correct.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response folks...
Yup!! USB intake is necessary for me...
Else, I'm ready to compromise if there is a possibility of connecting a pen drive to the AUX input via a conversion cable or like... Is somethin like it available? What would it cost?
And moreover can we control the contents of the PenDrive with the HU (I mean skipping a song, folder, etc...)?
Hi five46, welcome to the most fun-filled section of T-BHP. After that great intro, I see that you've come straight here!

IMO, the best way to support a pen-drive is to get a HU that supports USB. Trying an external adapter may work out to be cumbersome and filthy at times.

Quote:
That's easy.

Quote:

Damn the 2 smiley limit! That was hilarious!

Now Navin will start complaining about his senility - "I am a senile old man, Sam is young and dating, he has nothing to lose..........".

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 13th October 2007 at 13:25.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahahahahahahah.....
Old 13th October 2007, 13:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
. Methinks all this "posting in proper English" is souring your relationship. throw in the odd ulta word or so, be a little considerate. After all, during times of mid-life crises, everyone needs extra assurance. I'm sure your leg flauting, globe trotting, millionaire meeting ways don't help either.

Hahahaha...that was hilarious!

Last edited by vikram18 : 13th October 2007 at 13:36.
Old 13th October 2007, 16:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Lol that is hilarious.....
I cant control my laughter.....hehe
Brilliant Sam !
Old 13th October 2007, 17:12   #14
BHPian

cheers:

This place is full of interesting people!!! Feeling good already...

Well, today afternoon did some price hunting. Here's what I got (in pieces and only few components, will resume my hunting again in an hour)...

Subwoofer GT412 - Rs. 2400 (at another place a whoppin Rs.3500 was quoted)

Amps: CS 60.2 - Rs.3050
CS 60.4 - Rs. 4900

Speakers: GTO937 - Rs. 2450
CS2104 - Rs. 950
CS2106 - Rs. 1600
Can you people please validate these prices???

Many were of the opinion that JBL products do not move well in our city (though none spoke negatively about their performance) and so many JBL product variants are not stocked. But, they have said that they can procure whatever required in a couple of days if ordered.

Ok... These are the options I was thinking of and I need your help for the prices of these...

Speakers: Front: CS2105 or GTO527
Rear: GT5-963 or GTO937

Enclosure: CS1204T or
GT01204BR or
GTO1000B or
GTO1200T

Amp: CS 60.2
CS 60.4
GTO 75.2
GTO 75.4

I know that these choices can Xplod () my budget, but I just wanted to know their prices, so that I can test my Permutation and Combination skills.
Old 13th October 2007, 18:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

seems like a housewife is complaining to her working husband who turns up late every night from work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks