Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 21:38   #1
BHPian

ICE setup for Palio Stile 1.6 Sport in Gurgaon

1. Your Car: Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport

2. Your current setup (If any): None

3. Your Budget: 10k (+2k)

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Self driven

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Rock, Pop, Country, Bollywood, Devotional, Qawalis, Ghazals - That's anything and everything

Additional Information:

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : NO.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hello Gurus,

I have booked Palio Stile 1.6 Sport and hope to get it delivered during navaratras. I had searched other threads but could not find something suiting my peculiar requirements.

I don't want to make any modifications in boot or door panels. The reason for not installing a MFC tray or cut the rear parcel tray is - I would not be able to remove it to load extra luggage in boot during long drives to my parents' place once speakers are fitted.

Second thing, I am still not sure what is the max diameter of speaker that can be fitted into the stock speaker mounting provided in the rear parcel shelf and front doors. (It already has wiring for 6 speakers 2rear+2front doors+2 tweeters).

I had visited the Blaupunkt Brand Shop in Gurgaon and found Mumbai MP26 costing around 8k with bill (+10% discount). I can not decide on speakers until car is delivered to me. Dealer said you should buy Blau speakers while you may compromise on HU. I somehow do not like the sound of Sony Xplod.

Would it be possible to get an ICE setup withing 12k with decent sound, no modifications to the car and HU extensions for Aux, iPod and USB.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 14th October 2007, 23:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Avoid Sony. Stick to basic Pioneer / Kenwood / JVC (5-6K) considering your budget. You may consider buying the HU without B&W. Now add a nice pair of component speakers like JBL etc (Rs 4.5-6K). Simple
Old 14th October 2007, 23:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still not sure what is the max diameter of speaker that can be fitted into the stock speaker mounting provided in the rear parcel shelf and front doors.

I can not decide on speakers until car is delivered to me. Dealer said you should buy Blau speakers while you may compromise on HU. I somehow do not like the sound of Sony Xplod.

Would it be possible to get an ICE setup withing 12k with decent sound, no modifications to the car and HU extensions for Aux, iPod and USB.
Hi code! Welcome to Team-BHP ICE section. If you need Aux and iPod/USB, you need to spend quite a bit on your HU - which leaves you with minimal amount for the speakers. So it is a trade-off that you have to make. You can either get a bling HU and co-axials or you can get a good VFM HU for about 5k and get a pair of components for the front and manage a pair of co-axials for the rear after discounts.

As far as the default location sizes are concerned, I have no idea about the Palio Stile.

And, please stay away from Sony explosions, they are disastrous.
Old 14th October 2007, 23:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
So it is a trade-off that you have to make. You can either get a bling HU and co-axials or you can get a good VFM HU for about 5k and get a pair of components for the front and manage a pair of co-axials for the rear after discounts.
Hmm... So, only "Aux" will do for the time being. IMHO, I can go for 2 pairs of good speakers (components for front and co-axials for rear) and a basic HU. Then the future upgrades would require only HU replacement.

I had read somewhere that it is better to go for OEM HU as it fits in the slot and no wire cuts are required for installation and Blau is OEM for Fiat.
Old 15th October 2007, 00:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
I had read somewhere that it is better to go for OEM HU as it fits in the slot and no wire cuts are required for installation and Blau is OEM for Fiat.
Actually any DIN size HU will fit. Thats no problem since almost all the standard HUs are DIN size. As for wire cutting, just ask your installer to use a cable harness, so no cables will be cut on your OE harness.
Old 20th November 2007, 10:28   #6
BHPian

ICEd the Palio

After a lot of confusion, I decided to get my rear-parcel tray cut to accomodate 6"x9" Blaupunkt triaxials. Here is the final setup:

HU: Blaupunkt London MP37
Rear: Blaupunkt GTx693
Front: Blaupunkt GTc542

It costed me INR 13500/= with bill & warranty. Sound is nice for the volume level that I listen to. But if it is a real heavy bass then increasing the volume after a level, front doors start buzzing.
Old 22nd November 2007, 05:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

similar setup to what i have yup the front door panels vibrate , you can try damping it

Most Viewed