Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 02:40   #1

Query regd Tweeters

Hi Ppl ... been a member of this group since an year or so but most of my audio queries are taken care of by the search button, but for this particular issue, i cudnt find a relevant post ... and so here it goes

Current setup ( Swift VXi)

Pio 6850
GTO607C
GTO637 ( rear)
CS1204
Sony 504
Sony 502

I listen to trance and techno most of the time, and i generally keep the subwoofer settings little high around +2 or +3 . Though
to me ( sitting at the front ) the music sounds complete, i mean the base is not overpowering but for the same sound setup, the person sitting at the back as he is closer to the subwoofer, hears a lot more base and this spoils his listening.

So I was thinking of putting tweeters at the back , will this be a good solution.... if so please suggest me a good model and where it should be placed.

P.S : How is a ( tweeter + coaxial ) setup different from a component system.
( Sorry for my ignorance and this cud sound stupid)
Do we need to power the tweeters too from the amp.
Old 19th October 2007, 08:34   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaustuv View Post
Hi Ppl ... been a member of this group since an year or so but most of my audio queries are taken care of by the search button, but for this particular issue, i cudnt find a relevant post ... and so here it goes

Current setup ( Swift VXi)

Pio 6850
GTO607C
GTO637 ( rear)
CS1204
Sony 504
Sony 502

I listen to trance and techno most of the time, and i generally keep the subwoofer settings little high around +2 or +3 . Though
to me ( sitting at the front ) the music sounds complete, i mean the base is not overpowering but for the same sound setup, the person sitting at the back as he is closer to the subwoofer, hears a lot more base and this spoils his listening.

So I was thinking of putting tweeters at the back , will this be a good solution.... if so please suggest me a good model and where it should be placed.

P.S : How is a ( tweeter + coaxial ) setup different from a component system.
The difference will be clear by going through the following link
Coaxial versus Component Speakers

I do not think powering tweeters from the amp will be a good idea. Tweeters handles the high-range frequencies and amplifiers are used to amplify the low frequencies(meant for subs). Amplifying tweeters might cause distortion.
In case of component systems, high-range and mid-range frequencies are produced by tweeter and speaker respectively. and it is the responsibility of the crossover to limit the frequency range that each speaker must accurately produce.

As you mentioned that you have GTO637 ( rear), so the tweeters are already mounted on these speakers.
May be you can power the rear speakers through amplifier and feel the difference

The "gurus" will give a more clear picture as this is just based on my understanding and not experience.

Last edited by Krato : 19th October 2007 at 08:38.
Old 19th October 2007, 08:36   #3
BHPian

I guess you dont have to buy tweeters (and spoil the setup).

A good tune job will solve your problem...I suggest you PM BlueRaven316 and he will help you with it (and ensure you are satisfied!)

Last edited by gopz : 19th October 2007 at 08:38.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
How is a ( tweeter + coaxial ) setup different from a component system.
A component system consists of a tweeter and a woofer (2 way) or a tweeter, a midrange and a woofer (3 way) per side. These can be mounted separately in the car to achieve the best sonic results. A component system usually comes with external crossovers.
A coaxial system has 2 or more drivers mounted together. A few coaxial systems have on-board crossovers but most do not.
It is not essential to amp tweeters.
Over to the gurus.

Last edited by nura : 19th October 2007 at 09:05.
Old 19th October 2007, 10:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pio 6850
GTO607C
GTO637 ( rear)
CS1204
Sony 504
Sony 502
Though to me ( sitting at the front ) the music sounds complete, i mean the base is not overpowering but for the same sound setup, the person sitting at the back as he is closer to the subwoofer, hears a lot more base and this spoils his listening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato View Post
I do not think powering tweeters from the amp will be a good idea. Tweeters handles the high-range frequencies and amplifiers are used to amplify the low frequencies(meant for subs). Amplifying tweeters might cause distortion.
The phenomenon you have is normal. You can try turning the sub down by lowering the sensitivity of the subwoofer amplifier. This might balance the sound in the back but might make the sound in the front sound thin (atleast thinner than before).

You already have 637s in the rear. They already have tweeters in them. There is no need to add another pair of tweeters.

amplifiers can be used to amplify any signal. tweeters need small amplfiers as the percentage of energy they reproduce is very small. For example if one were to look at the ENERGY SPECTRUM of music 50% of the ENERGY is below 300hz, 75% is below 2500Hz and less than 5% is abvoe 8000Hz (modern electronic music might be a bit more).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks