Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2008, 15:07   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Please tell me in detail.
Can I remove it just by taking sharp knife or screw driver?
No, please dont use a sharp knife to remove the chrome strips out. Go through this link After Market Stereo Install - SX4 Forums > It should help!
Old 6th July 2008, 21:43   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
No, please dont use a sharp knife to remove the chrome strips out. Go through this link After Market Stereo Install - SX4 Forums > It should help!
Thanks a lot! I will update after completed my work. PLanning HU By-PASS Surgery for next 2 week ends.
Old 3rd August 2008, 22:14   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Thanks a lot! I will update after completed my work. PLanning HU By-PASS Surgery for next 2 week ends.
Sorry guys for opening a new thread. But I thought its different than this discussion.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...p-section.html
Old 13th April 2010, 13:45   #79
BHPian

Subwoofer for my SX4 ZXi

Hi all,
I need your help here.
I own a Honda CityZX. I have a Sony music system, JBL 2-channel amplifier and a 12inch PolkAudio (DB series) subwoofer.
I am planning to buy a SX4 ZXi automatic for convenience. The ZXi comes with an in-built stereo system.
I would like to know if I can fit my existing JBL amp and Polk subwoofer on the SX4's stock audio system. Can the system be removed? If yes, does it have a sub-out at the rear? Or a pre-out to attach an amp?
What else should I do to attach my amp and subwoofer to the ZXi's audio system?

Please advise
Thanks

Regards,
Vignesh G
vignesh.giridharan@yahoo.co.in
Old 13th April 2010, 16:58   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshg View Post
I own a Honda CityZX. I have a Sony music system, JBL 2-channel amplifier and a 12inch PolkAudio (DB series) subwoofer.
The ZXi comes with an in-built stereo system.
I would like to know if I can fit my existing JBL amp and Polk subwoofer
does it have a sub-out at the rear? Or a pre-out to attach an amp?
vignesh.giridharan@yahoo.co.in
your OEM HU most probably does NOT have pre outs. So your best bet is to either use the speaker level inputs on the amp or get a speaker level to line level adapter.

i dont know if your amp has a level controller. if it does NOT you will beunable to control the level of the bass from inside the cabin.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonskies911 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions and a special thanks to gunbir for the Photographs. Gunbir, can you please let me know the brand and type of stock speakers in sx4?
KFC-1656 160mm Dual Cone Speaker
  • [SIZE=2]130W peak power[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]160mm Pearl-Mica injection-molded P.P. cone ? Dual cone[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Mounting depth 44 mm[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Sensitivity 92 dB/W/m[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Frequency response 35Hz -20kHz[/SIZE]
I got the specs of stock speakers via mgppl list and Kenwood website.

K E N W O O D* - Universal Speakers

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...list-mgapl.xls

Murthy

Last edited by gavinimurthy : 11th October 2010 at 12:18.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I can confirm to you that the stock speakers on SX4 are not very good. The HU is OK, not fantastic. A chinese unit, branded as a Nippon.

Amplifying the stock speakers will not give you what you seek. You need to replace them first.
Sam

Can you please suggest better speakers (preferably JBL make) and the cost that go into the stock position without altering anything else.

Murthy

Mods: Sorry for the back to back post. I had to delete the quote from Sam from my earlier post due to some mistake while editing.
Old 19th October 2010, 20:15   #83
BHPian

My Query is to all the sound Gurus.

I have a i20 Asta and i dont want to spend on anything more than a Subwoofer.

1: Since i only need a Sub, can I add the Somuku sub (i assume it comes with a built in Amp) to the OEM HU.

2: Will it give me the required boom or the depth in the sound quality? Not looking for a heart thumping bass, but a bass to an extent, which will make it obvious that there is a sub installed in the car.

3:Will it be a plug and play? (Will i have to add any extra component device to make the sub work or make it compatible with the subwoofer.

4: Apart from Somuku sub, is there any budget (similar type subwoofer) sub available?

Looking forward for a end solution. Please.

Niki
Old 20th October 2010, 18:07   #84
Senior - BHPian

You could, provided the HU in your car has Pre-amp output. Check the HU manual (should have come with the car) or the Hyundai service guys whether your HU has Pre-out.

If it doesn't,
- if the amp of the Sumokoo sub accepts high-level speaker signal tapped off the existing speakers, you can connect the speaker signals to the Sumokoo amp
- if high level inputs are not accepted, you will need to get a Line Output converter to bring out the signal to connect to the Sumokoo amp

There are other subs available with built-in amps, such as Infinity Basslink, something from Polk, and also from Blaupunkt. Not sure of the model numbers and prices.
Old 26th February 2011, 23:50   #85
BHPian

Re: SX4 ZXi - Integrated HU Audio Thread!!

Hi,

I have decided to go in for a SX4 ZXI and like many on the forum am concerned with the sound quality. I have tested the stock ICE set up and am less than impressed.

In my Ikon I have the following set up which I want to transplant into the SX4. I do intent to retain the stock HU for the time being (the car and a couple of other purchases are sure to burn a hole in my wallet ).

Polk Audio db6501 6.5 inch comps
Polk Audio db691 6x9 coaxials
JBL GT5 A604E four channel amp
JBL 1000 watt sub (not sure of the model number, need to check)

I am confused with one aspect which is if the stock unit has any pre outs. There are conflicting posts regarding this so not really sure. I also dont want to cut the rear parcel tray so I feel I should go in for 6.5" coaxials. In my case the best options are the db651 or the 651S (want to stick to the same brand and series). So here are my quesations:

1. Does the stock HU have 1 or more pre outs and hence can I move most of the stuff into the SX4?
2. Does it make sense to get the 6.5" coaxials or install the 6x9s in the rear parcel tray? If the SQ is better than I dont mind cutting the tray and it also saves me some money .
3. Do recommend good place in Blore to get this done.

Regards,

Parikshith
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:51   #86
BHPian

Sorry the comps are db 5251 5 and a quarter inch
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:57   #87
BHPian

SX4 factory unit has one pre out. 6x9s will give you much better bass than 6.5" co-axial but as you will be putting a sub - it will take care of the lower frequencies. So if you dont wish to cut the tray just put in a co-axial.
Old 4th March 2011, 16:22   #88
BHPian

Thanks Raghav. I assume the warranty will be void if I cut the tray.

Parik
Old 6th March 2011, 16:17   #89
BHPian

May be on the audio system but should not be void on the rest of the car
Old 10th March 2011, 10:57   #90
BHPian

Get this..... apparantly any modifications to the stock car will result in loss of warranty on the whole car. The sales guy at Pratham said that if I add in the amp and the sub then the warranty is not valid as these additions will interfere with the ECU. If I want to keep it then I will have to use the services of a Maruti recommended installer. I know this is hogwash as they want me to use their guy..... but is there any truth to this?

If it is so then I will not go in for the extended warranty as it makes no sense.

Parik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks