Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 16:33   #1

SX4 ICE - Subwoofer Install?

Getting my SX4 this week. Does anyone know if the ZXi variant has a preout to connect a subwoofer amp? problem is I already have an amp which does not have speaker level inputs.
Any info is appreciated. Thanks,
Manish
Old 28th May 2007, 17:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Any idea what HU the Zxi comes with?
Old 28th May 2007, 17:43   #3

Not sure, That info would have really helped, thats why asking the forum gurus if anyone has any info. Also went throu the SX4 forum (SX4 Forums), but couldnt get much details there either. The US model (4x4) has a slightly diff HU but I guess the connector pinout should be pretty similar
Old 28th May 2007, 18:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

1KW...

The SX4 has a Nippon / Kenwwod OE unit which is actually a single DIN unit with a 2DIN facia. Yes it has a single pair of full range preout.
Old 30th May 2007, 21:35   #5
BHPian

You can use a electronic crossover which will take his single RCA input and then split the signals for front rear and sub with a requisite HPF and LPF for all the different channels. Also this crossover has individual gain settings.. If it is to be used only for a subwoofer then u can use only the sub out of the same and use the high level output for the fronts and the rears and later you have an option to add another amp for the front and the rear..
If you choose the use all the outputs of the crossover then u need to have a minimum 5 channel amp or then 2 amps .. one which is a 4 channel for the front and the rear and a 2 channel amp for the subwoofer..

Another option is that you use this single low level (RCA) output to drive only the subwoofer amp. Most amps have built in cross over for HPF or LPF. And use the high level output from the amp of the HU to drive the front and the rear speakers..

Cheerss

Last edited by EVO6 : 30th May 2007 at 21:36.
Old 31st May 2007, 00:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
You can use a electronic crossover which will take his single RCA input and then split the signals for front rear and sub with a requisite HPF and LPF for all the different channels. Also this crossover has individual gain settings.. If it is to be used only for a subwoofer then u can use only the sub out of the same and use the high level output for the fronts and the rears and later you have an option to add another amp for the front and the rear..
If you choose the use all the outputs of the crossover then u need to have a minimum 5 channel amp or then 2 amps .. one which is a 4 channel for the front and the rear and a 2 channel amp for the subwoofer..

Another option is that you use this single low level (RCA) output to drive only the subwoofer amp. Most amps have built in cross over for HPF or LPF. And use the high level output from the amp of the HU to drive the front and the rear speakers..
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
Hey Gunbir...How`s the Nippon player on the SX4??...A friend of mine got an SX4..but the Ice upgradation looks a bit difficult...with a single pre-out that is..
The player is average as build quality goes. Cant comment on the sound as I wasn't really expecting much from the OE speakers and didn't Thankfully it does have a pair of preouts so thats good. Beyond that it has MP3/WMA playback and thats about it. No more features s such. If you want to replace this unit and install a regular DIN/2DIN HU get the SI2228B Kit from Scosche.
Old 31st May 2007, 06:37   #7
BANNED

If I replace the stock HU with a new HU, will the audio controls on the steering wheel work ?
Old 31st May 2007, 10:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
If I replace the stock HU with a new HU, will the audio controls on the steering wheel work ?
only when you install the interface which will let you control it.....but there are infrared remote controls available for pioneer and other brands.....
Old 1st June 2007, 22:09   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
EDIT: look like LBM has already answered it...Are inter faces available anywher??..for nippon...
You dont need an interface for Nippon. Only if you change the HU you need an interface for the steering remote buttons to work properly.
Old 2nd June 2007, 03:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

taken from...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...ht-ripped.html
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

And here is the rear....

Old 24th July 2007, 09:26   #12

SX4 ZXi - Integrated HU Audio Thread!!

I would like to get my speakers upgraded on my new SX4 Zxi which comes with an OE HU (Nippon). I am not sure whether I should go for components both at the front and back or Components at the front and coaxials at the back. Please shed some light on how should I go about this. The Dealer informed me that teh 4 OE speakers are of 6" and fitted on the doors with the 2 tweeters at the top of the front doors. I just want the factory fitted speakers to be replaced with the new ones. I am also wondering about the placement of the Crossover unit without visibly protruding inside the cabin.

Can you also please suggest some mid level (price) comps and speaker units.

Thanks in Advance for all your help!
Old 24th July 2007, 09:32   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonskies911 View Post
The Dealer informed me that teh 4 OE speakers are of 6" and fitted on the doors with the 2 tweeters at the top of the front doors. I just want the factory fitted speakers to be replaced with the new ones. I am also wondering about the placement of the Crossover unit without visibly protruding inside the cabin.
the crossover can be hiddeninteh dash or in the door.

a good starter budget would 10K for 4 speakers. quite obviously the sky is the limit.
Old 24th July 2007, 11:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

as Navin Ji has said what is the budget for the same...

and 10k is the entry level for the same..
Old 24th July 2007, 11:46   #15

Hi Navin and low_bass_makker,

Thanks for the replies. Budget is not a problem as long as it sticks to my conditions. No extra cutouts, subs and amps. Is it better to go for comps at both the front and back? If so what is the advantage?

Thanks again.

Most Viewed