Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:07   #1

Laura Elegance ICE Setup

hi guys,
recently booked the laura elegance. need help in settin up ICE. althou the car comes with 8 speakers its really not that good. would like to keep the HU but replace all speakers. would really appreciate your help. as of now got a budget of around 50K. could up it slightly but not too much as ive already decided on get the pete's tuning box. looking forward to your response.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

I'd get an amp too.

I'd spend a bit on damping as well.

at 50K you have a ton of options. BTW what HU does the Laura come with? Does the HU have any pre outs?
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Brett

You need the following:
Fronts - 3 way with 3" midrange, 6.5" woofer (midbass if you please)
Rears - 2 way 6.5" midbass

Add a decent 4ch amp and you should be done. If you want more bass, add subs and mono to taste.

Cheers!
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:35   #4

no navin no pre outs... i think. im really not sure. this is a very basic system since its the elegance. no changer nothing. very basic. would have loved to chage the HU as well but id rather change the speakers now. hmmmmm what brand of speakers would ull recommend & what amp as well. all my life i have been doing up my cars at milan subway but now i want something better. this place i go to recommend only earthquake speakers with a sony amp. was looking for Hertz or something. wohat do you guys think
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:48   #5

navin which is the best place to go get speakers from in bby. alos are there any hertz dealers here.
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
navin which is the best place to go get speakers from in bby. alos are there any hertz dealers here.
Milan Subway in Santa Cruz might be you best bet. You can PM Gunbir for Hertz delears in Mumbai. I would listen to atleast 3 brands before buying.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Since the budget is just 50k, I would recommend you to use a good 6.5" 2-way component system for the front and a 6.5" coax for the rear. A 3-way would eat up too much into your budget (plus a 3-way will need more powerful amplification) or conversely, you could get a higher quality 6.5" 2-way component for the same price. Just seal off the midrange slot provided in the front location.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:41   #8
BHPian

But Ajay its very tough for a 2 way to sound upto the mark in Laura's front doors as the midbass location is towards the rear of the front door closer to B pilaar and distance between the tweeter and midbass will be too much.

And also in a typical 2 way setup the midbass will be reproducing lot of midrange also which will lead to driver localisation and issues in their integration in case of Laura.

Last edited by Autophile : 23rd October 2007 at 11:43.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Since the budget is just 50k, I would recommend you to use a good 6.5" 2-way component system for the front and a 6.5" coax for the rear. A 3-way would eat up too much into your budget (plus a 3-way will need more powerful amplification) or conversely, you could get a higher quality 6.5" 2-way component for the same price. Just seal off the midrange slot provided in the front location.
But thats not ideal for the Laura. Cuz the midbass is located at the end of the door, near the B pillar. If one were to use a 2way component, most of the midrange would be drowned by the lower seat and the listener. Not to forget the PLD between the midbass and the tweeter. The ideal setup for this car is in fact a 3way. Anything else would be a jugaad.

Edit: Kya re JB, ekdum same to same...

Last edited by gunbir : 23rd October 2007 at 11:48.
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
But Ajay its very tough for a 2 way to sound upto the mark in Laura's front doors as the midbass location is towards the rear of the fro
.integration in case of Laura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
But thats not ideal for the Laura. Cuz the midbass is located at the end of the doo
.his car is in fact a 3way. Anything else would be a jugaad.
Oh yeah, right. Forgot that aspect. Yeah, so at 50k it's a toughie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Edit: Kya re JB, ekdum same to same...
Check for tattoos, talismans etc.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Brett

A correction: The Laura will take 3way (with a 6.5" woofer) on the front doors and 3way (with a 5.25" woofer) on the rear doors.

Front:

Rear:
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:45   #12

alright gunbir, i will give you a call when im in bby. will be there next month.

is it possible for me to get speakers from dubai since i live here. will they be cheaper. pls advise. but ive more or less narrowed it down to hertz.

also another quest - will my stock HU support theses speakers and the amp???
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is it possible for me to get speakers from dubai since i live here. will they be cheaper. pls advise. but ive more or less narrowed it down to hertz.

Have you listened to Hertz ? or you just going by the recommendations on the forum ? I would sincerely advice to first listen before finalizing.

If you are in dubai the prices of audio equipment is quite cheap there. So search for them you will get them at 30-40% the cost at which it is available in india with b/w.

I am using 3-way kit in my car. It is a DLS Iridium 6.3 you can get it there for a very good price, check out the website for more info dls.se . The iridium has a dome midrange which does not require any enclosure to be mount and give crisp and clean mid freq.

Also installing a 3-way kit is no joke and with trial and error you will be achieve good results. Even I am in the process of changing them to yield the max from them and now I think I have got some good results...
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not too aware of Dubai prices but you may get HERTZ cheaper here.

You will have to buy a 4ch amp that has speaker level inputs available such as the Blaupunkt THA475PnP amp from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Have you listened to Hertz ? or you just going by the recommendations on the forum ? I would sincerely advice to first listen before finalizing.
Great advice. Do listen to stuff before you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I am using 3-way kit in my car. It is a DLS Iridium 6.3 you can get it there for a very good price, check out the website for more info dls.se . The iridium has a dome midrange which does not require any enclosure to be mount and give crisp and clean mid freq.
But to mount a dome midrange you would have to mod the door panels / interiors. Anyone who has ever tried to fit a dome mid in stock locations will clearly tell you so.

Cheers!

Last edited by gunbir : 23rd October 2007 at 17:21.
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
But to mount a dome midrange you would have to mod the door panels / interiors. Anyone who has ever tried to fit a dome mid in stock locations will clearly tell you so.

Cheers!
If there is space for a 3 inch cone driver then I think with small mod inside the door the dome drive can easily go inside. Also the results of the dome installed will be better. But I think the space would be of a 4 inch speaker not a 3 inch one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks