Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:51   #1
BHPian

ICE for my Chamko

Hi all,

After the seemingly endless wait for Swift VDI, I finally decided to utilise GM's irresistible offer (50k discount) and go in for Spark LT model. I am getting the delivery by this weekend (give and take couple of days). Although I loved the Swift so much, we were badly in need of a second car (I currently own Indica). It was a hard decision but after reading all your views on 'Spark', on this forum, I am now happy about it.

Enough of the intro. I am planning to have a good ICE for my 'Chamko' and I would really appreciate if you clarify few of my queries on it:

a) Spark has provision for 4" speakers in the front. Can I somehow install components there?

b) I am planning to have 6x9" JBL speakers in the rear. Considering the size of the car do you think having a SUB would make any difference in the sound quality?

c) For the HU, Blaupunkt's dealer has recommended Maui MP 36 model. He is saying this model is on the verge of being phased out, but claims it is the best in my price range (approx 9k for HU)

d) Would you advice installing an AMP to drive all the four speakers?

FYI, my budget is around 20k for the ICE.

Thanks in advance

CaAT.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:29   #2
BHPian

As for the music, I like to keep it at low decibels. I am mostly into classical music (both vocal and instrumentals) and hindi and marathi film songs. Not much into English songs though!
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can Check following thread for getting some idea:

basic ICE

Having sub is entirely upto your listening preference. I have an Alto & I have sub which I cant live without becasue all said & done no speaker can compensate for a sub
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:14   #4
BHPian

Thx techno, for the link. I have been through it.

I have decided to go for Blaupunkt HU. Wanted to know from the gurus if the dealer's take on 'MAUI MP 36' is for real or otherwise.

Also, can you please advice me on my other queries?

TIA
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

@CaAt,

Congrats on the Spark (Chamko)

a) You can get 4" comps. Illusion makes 4" comps that have impressed quite a few of our members here. I'm sure you can get them in Pune. Moralfibre should be able to help you out there. Bass&Trouble here represents Illusion Audio.

b) 6x9 vs. Sub depends both on budget and taste. 6x9s, esp. when amped, will give pretty good bass. But they will not go as low as a sub can. Try 6x9s first. If you're ok with them, leave it as is. Else get a 10" or 12" sub. (10" may do).

c) The 9K is not a bad price, but there are other HUs with more features for that price. The Pio 7950 will be one such option (USB ready, and with 3 pre-outs). Blaus are generally not very VFM, for the money paid. But they give service that's second to none.

d) Yes Amping the speakers will make things sound really good. And maybe you'll find the bass (from the 6x9s) good enough to skip the sub.

Budget:
Comps: 5.5K
Rears (6x9): 5K
Amp: 6K (Blau GT4 special) or 7K (Pio 6700)
Wiring (Power & RCA): 2K to 3K.

Enjoyyyy!
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Here, this thread should help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...nts-spark.html

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 22nd October 2007 at 19:10.
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Well that should clear all your doubts.. and welcome to Spark club.. I have the Illusions mated with a Pio 7950 and the clarity is great.. am not the hip hop/trance guy.. Radek on this forum has a Blau and Illusions.. you can check his Spark out!! I'd say the Illusions and Spark go like Vodka and Lime!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:13   #8
BHPian

@ hydrashok,

Thanks. Your reply and the link provided by rocksterraghu have made things crystal clear. I will settle for illusions 4.1 in the front and JBL 6 x 9 in the rear, powered by Blau GT4 amp. I will PM Bass and Trouble and Moral Fibre to get hold of 4.1s.

@rocksterraghu,

Thanks for the link. This site rocks, man!

@Nimz,

Thanks. It was your review, that cleared whatever doubts I had on the car. Yes, I will PM Radek to check out on his set up.

Thank you once again guys. I will post the ICE pics and a detailed review as soon as I have it installed.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I'd say the Illusions and Spark go like Vodka and Lime!!
Quite true, Nimz. With some more Sparks with EL4.1, people will assume that Spark comes with factory fitted EL4.1.
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:32   #10
BHPian

A doubt.. what is Chamko?
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
A doubt.. what is Chamko?
I guess it's the pet name for his beloved Sparky.

I think Chamko is shine or sparkle in Hindi.
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:04   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
@ hydrashok,

Thanks. Your reply and the link provided by rocksterraghu have made things crystal clear. I will settle for illusions 4.1 in the front and JBL 6 x 9 in the rear, powered by Blau GT4 amp. I will PM Bass and Trouble and Moral Fibre to get hold of 4.1s.
Buddy I was just doing some basic research for 4-ch amps and came across this one from Audiobahn - Audiobahn DUB 1004. It is available for roughly about 7k and has much more power than the Blau GT4 or Pio amp. Give it a try. It fits in your budget too.
Old 24th October 2007, 10:23   #13
BHPian

@Nimz,

Chamko is the Hindi slang for sparkle!

@Moral Fibre,

Corrrect me if I am wrong, but GT4 come with 4 x 120 Watts (rms) power and Audiobahn with 4 x 100 Watts. Also did you read the one and only review on that link? And forgive my ignorance, but I am not sure if Audiobahn have a authorised network in India. Thanks for the link, anyways!

You had mentioned in one of your posts yesterday that front and rear speakers should be 'preferrably' of same make. Can you, or any of the gurus, tell whether rear JBL 6x 9s would go well with Illusion 4.1 in the front?

Another basic query for all the gurus,

If I am using an AMP to drive all the four speakers, will the HU amplifier specifications matter much?

Your thoughts..
Old 24th October 2007, 11:21   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
@Moral Fibre,
Corrrect me if I am wrong, but GT4 come with 4 x 120 Watts (rms) power and Audiobahn with 4 x 100 Watts. Also did you read the one and only review on that link? And forgive my ignorance, but I am not sure if Audiobahn have a authorised network in India. Thanks for the link, anyways!
Sorry I didn't check up specs of the Blau before commenting. Others can fill in which amp is better.

That same review from the same user (its in the same words) everywhere. Thats the only review I ever saw.

Quote:
You had mentioned in one of your posts yesterday that front and rear speakers should be 'preferrably' of same make. Can you, or any of the gurus, tell whether rear JBL 6x 9s would go well with Illusion 4.1 in the front?
See post # 18 for reference: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...nervosa-2.html

Quote:
If I am using an AMP to drive all the four speakers, will the HU amplifier specifications matter much?
Your thoughts..
For the setup you are looking at, I don't think it would matter much. Just try and get a HU with 3 pre-outs so you have the flexibility of adding a sub later on.

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th October 2007 at 11:22.
Old 24th October 2007, 11:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

The rms power of the Blau amp is 55 x 4 W rms at 4 ohms.

The rms power of the DUB amp is claimed to be 100 x 4 W rms at 4 ohms. I think, in reality it delivers about 70 W rms.

Most Viewed