Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 21:16   #31
BHPian

Hi Thalavoy,
Team-bhp is the place where one feels at home, otherwise its rare to find a adventure companion on road.
The overall effect of the front speakers is clean sound, but i somewhat do miss the bass effect. At the same time i also don't want any extra boom, what i want is termed as Tight Bass.
My point is also somewhat same that, as I would be driving the car most of the time, so i should prefer for a good pair of front component speakers, also I think if you have poor or weak front speakers and powerfull rear speakers then you miss the stereophonic components of a track, whereas since in front both the speakers are clearly on sides of your ear, so one can enjoy the stereophonic components in a better way.
But still the Bass effect is not addressed by front speakers.

Last edited by hrsraghav : 11th March 2008 at 21:17. Reason: addition in text
Old 13th March 2008, 16:01   #32
BHPian

Just read few posts on Bhagwan's thread for his ICE on i10.
So... as was expected, have some effect on me, My budget has been stretched further by 10K (Really its painfull to write than to decide)
Also I am open to the option of geting my parcel tray being cut for 6X9.

In short I have 20K budget for remaining of setup, so bhaai logon kripyaa dhyaan dein
Old 22nd March 2008, 08:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Any updates. Did you decide on the setup. 20K for rear speakers and sub setup seems to be a good amount.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:55   #34
BHPian

@ To gurus and Gyaanijan

A freind of mine is coming from Dubai. So i want to know which all ICE equipments can i get from there, I have already installed the HU and front comp. The remaiing parts are Amplifier, Subwoofer, 4" or 5" coaxials or 6X9.
The positive things in mind are it will be cheaper, most probably it will not be made in china or taiwan stuff. And the negatives are I dont know about warranty and other support in india for the items bought in Dubai.
So please suggest me which items can i get from gulf.
Old 10th October 2016, 16:04   #35
BHPian

Suggestion for a Head Unit in 10-15K

Hi All,

I have a Fiat Adventure (Station Wagon), for which I was using following setup till now.
Head Unit: Blaupunkt Kingston MP47
Front Speakers: Hertz 6" Components (In doors)
Rear Speakers: Blaupunkt TH Series 6" Components ( on side of boot, around 8-10 inches behind rear headrests)
Amplifier: Kingston 4 channel KAC 7404
Subwoofer: Bull Audio 12" in Enclosed box (used intermittently only by bridging the two channels of amplifier)

In terms of Sound quality I found the Headunit fine, but it had several issues with some or other faults every now and then.
I don't want to repair this unit anymore and planning to replace it. In terms of preference, I prefer to hear the tracks in there original form without any specific emphasis on a band of frequency, only at times prefer to have a 1 level high on the mid frequencies for the human vocal range.

Would request some suggestions from experts on a decent head unit with a budget of 10-15 K. In terms of features I don't have any specific requirement aside to a good SQ, a USB port and Aux in. (Maybe I am nto updated with new formats of audio inputs )

For sake of information the issues faced with this head unit are as mentioned below

1) Poor FM reception, specially with a in coming call or sms on phone, not sure if it has to do with the Antenna setup of Palio or this headunit.
2) The CD reading unit got faulty several times before I gave up on rectifying it and started using USB connection
3) The USB connection is through rear connector and the wiring made it tough as it have to be routed from back hanging near footwell. It got broke twice and finally had to get it soldered to the main board of Head unit.
4) Once the Volume+power button got faulty and was replaced.
5) Once the display went off and some repairing was done on main board of head unit to rectify it.
6) Currently the display is changing colours by its own and several buttons are not working (Source, FM channel nos.).

Last edited by hrsraghav : 10th October 2016 at 16:20.
Old 10th October 2016, 16:31   #36
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestion for a Head Unit in 10-15K

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Head Unit: Blaupunkt Kingston MP47

Would request some suggestions on a decent head unit with a budget of 10-15 K. In terms of features I have not any specific requirement aside to t a good SQ, and a USB and Aux in.
10K is a good budget. The Pioneer 6890 or Kenwood 549 or their replacements (model numbers change too often) would work.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 18:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Would request some suggestions from experts on a decent head unit with a budget of 10-15 K. In terms of features I don't have any specific requirement aside to a good SQ, a USB port and Aux in. (Maybe I am nto updated with new formats of audio inputs )
Not an expert here but I am using http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/in...ayers/xsp-n1bt , its a fabulous system integrates your phone via BT so all calls automatically go to the car stereo speakers. There is an independent microphone to talk so voice calls are ultra clear. Has a separate usb,cd player as well as fm. The phone stand works as a nice cradle when using phone as gps.

I got it via snapdeal at 7200 bucks last year, so it was a steal. Suggest getting a system with BT audio as it makes life easier and the phone truely "handsfree"
nitishk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 20:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

I've been a bit out of touch for the product scene, since my alpine has been frustratingly reliable ( since i have been secretly hoping for it to die so I can upgrade).
if I had to buy something, I would probably buy the JVC KD R80BT since I've become a big fan of bluetooth recently, but not sure about JVC reliability. another option would be whatever alpine fits in your budget and has 2 pre outs.

I would suggest you survey your local shops, see what options you have, compare them to what's available online, and then shortlist - if you rely on ecom sites, it may be entirely possible that a local dealer might have something cheaper, while the reverse may also happen. do a bit of local research, and we can then help you choose
PS: don't buy a sony.
the head unit brands I would recommend are (and in this order) Alpine, kenwood, JVC and maybe pioneer (not a fan of it's sound)

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th October 2016 at 20:19.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 20:49   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I would probably buy the JVC KD R80BT
Hard to find one, except that it makes guest appearances on snapdeal. Also the current prices are way above what other members paid a year or two ago.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 21:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
10K is a good budget. The Pioneer 6890 or Kenwood 549 or their replacements (model numbers change too often) would work.
Thanks Navin, the pioneer one is still shown and advertised on Pioneer website, however for the Kenwood 549 got some referencing by name of U549, in a user manual dated 2010, so not user if its updated version or not, will searh further on it.
However both are available online on Snapdeal and few other sites.

I presume Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer are amongst the category of Value for money head units with good feature list and decent Audio quality(Again based on what was my overall perception in 2009). How would you rate them in Audio quality amongst other Brands with similar price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
Not an expert here but I am using http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/in...ayers/xsp-n1bt , its a fabulous system integrates your phone via BT so all calls automatically go to the car stereo speakers. There is an independent microphone to talk so voice calls are ultra clear. Has a separate usb,cd player as well as fm. The phone stand works as a nice cradle when using phone as gps.

I got it via snapdeal at 7200 bucks last year, so it was a steal. Suggest getting a system with BT audio as it makes life easier and the phone truely "handsfree"
Ahh dear Palio has only 1 Din Space (height it takes in Dashboard) which can't be expanded either, the head unit you mentioned seems to be of 2 DIN or more. Aside to it, back in 2009 when I was searching for ICE components, one of the learning was that Sony was good in Home Audio but not that good in Car Audio. I don't know how it has fared over past 7-8 years but surely do see a lot of cars with Sony Speakers and Head units.
Old 10th October 2016, 21:10   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. for the Kenwood 549 got some referencing by name of U549, .. However both are available online on Snapdeal and few other sites.
Snapdeal is quoting higher than MRP mentioned on the Kenwood site.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 21:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hard to find one, except that it makes guest appearances on snapdeal. Also the current prices are way above what other members paid a year or two ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Snapdeal is quoting higher than MRP mentioned on the Kenwood site.
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR and condor,
So that more or less rule this one in its current version. Can you guide if any updated version of this model was launched.

Quote:
I've been a bit out of touch for the product scene, since my alpine has been frustratingly reliable ( since i have been secretly hoping for it to die so I can upgrade).
So unlike my Blaupunkt, I opted out of 9803 that time just because of its price and I think it didnt had USB option back then. However in terms of Repairs of the Balunpunkt it has costed by 2-3 K so far.

Quote:
another option would be whatever alpine fits in your budget and has 2 pre outs.

I would suggest you survey your local shops, see what options you have, compare them to what's available online, and then shortlist
Most likely I will be going this way. Hopefully my next posts will be more specific on model nos.

Quote:
PS: don't buy a sony.
the head unit brands I would recommend are (and in this order) Alpine, kenwood, JVC and maybe pioneer (not a fan of it's sound)
Seems not much have changed in past 7-8 years in terms of SQ
Old 10th October 2016, 21:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR and condor,
So that more or less rule this one in its current version. Can you guide if any updated version of this model was launched.
from the specs on the Kenwood site:

BT600U:
http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/receiver/kdc-bt600u/

Bluetooth
13-Band EQ
4 Volt - 3 Pre-outs (as part of upgrade ready config)

or:
If CD not required: the BT302
http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/receiver/kmm-bt302/

This has only 2 Pre-Outs

But do not seem to be available online. Will have to check with the retailers.

Last edited by condor : 10th October 2016 at 21:51.
Old 11th October 2016, 14:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Ahh dear Palio has only 1 Din Space (height it takes in Dashboard) which can't be expanded either, the head unit you mentioned seems to be of 2 DIN or more. Aside to it, back in 2009 when I was searching for ICE components, one of the learning was that Sony was good in Home Audio but not that good in Car Audio. I don't know how it has fared over past 7-8 years but surely do see a lot of cars with Sony Speakers and Head units.
Sorry mate, by bad, that shouldve been my first question, whether it was a single din or 2 din system. I had heard rumours about sony car audio systems having problems with cd player but probably that is a thing of the past. Certainly it has been doing well in the car audio segment as of now,though I have barely used cd's BT integration and USB takes care of basically everything.
Old 11th October 2016, 17:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE for Station Wagons (Fiat Adventure)

after a little bit of online research, these are my picks (both have 2 pre outs, support aux & usb)
Alpine CDE 150 BT
Cost - 5.9K online
Pros: Its an alpine. Good SQ, can play cleaner, louder
Cons: less features

Kenwood KDX330BT (newer version of the R80BT)
Cost - 5.2K online
Pros: Much better features (crossover settings let you fine tune the sound very well if you know what you are doing), good smartphone integration, bluetooth, cheaper,
Cons: possibly lesser output levels ( not an issue here since you are running your fronts off an amp), not sure about jvc long term build quality, no cd player, (but hey, less things to go wrong)

I would buy the JVC if i were in your shoes, unless you can get a better deal on something else locally

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th October 2016 at 17:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks