Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 14:17   #61
BHPian

Thank you all for the reply.

@Mushroomz: You can audition it when we meet up sometime.

@s0uljah: Do drop in Pune if you want to audition this kind of a setup.

@Flying Bong: You are correct, thanks to the site for highlighting the benefits of horns.

@razor4077: You are among the few people who knew about it. I would give my feedback once I have auditioned it for some time. Sorry dude I do not pics of horns before they were installed.

@shreyasma: All the credit does to the people behind the install that made it looks like the the door pads had stock 8" speaker location.

@Technocrat: You are correct that it is very difficult to stay away from the 8 inch mid bass. Will let you know about the meet as many people have already asked for it.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:11   #62
BHPian

wow amazing install man. had auditioned amey's swift with the 8' mid's. it was one experience. wish to audition your setup as well, is a meet planned?
Old 24th July 2009, 23:19   #63
BHPian

LOVE the placement of Ground Zero Subs !!!! Awesome, congrats and enjoy the music.
Old 25th July 2009, 02:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

OMG OMG OMG!! those CH-1's are beauuuutiful and I have heard how they sound. Love the way the subs are mounted and the Gz mono is also one HELL of an amplifier. Enjoy your music, and please do try to pm me when you are in Mumbai. Want to have a listen to your car. B&T has praised your car to no end. Must be really special!
Old 26th July 2009, 16:15   #65
BHPian

Just got my car from mumbai. On the way back I really had a very musical ride. Really loved the way it sounds. Thank you Ajay for the wonderful and unique installation. Please who has or will audition my ICE can give their view about it. To me it a dream come true.
Old 26th July 2009, 16:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

A Great equipment list and in the hands of one of the best guys - Ajay. The perfect combo for an ICE Setup.
Not using the Carbon Tweeters?
Old 26th July 2009, 16:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Not using the Carbon Tweeters?
No I am not using Carbon Tweeters, I think there is no need to have Tweeters as the horns are doing a good job in my setup.
Old 26th July 2009, 17:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.
Why not add tweeter and a K 2.01.
Give the 2.01 to the mid bass , 4.01 to the tweeters and horns.
3 way active.
Total Bliss

Won't harm
Old 27th July 2009, 00:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

I suppose adding a tweeter might confuse the Imaging/staging unless with the right tuning and running them individually with TA, could also help in adding to the imaging. But, I suppose the Horns will be taking care of the Highs very well.

Congrats on the great setup. Definitely worth having it. Am sure the midbass from those 8" will be really kicking hard.
Old 28th July 2009, 22:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I suppose adding a tweeter might confuse the Imaging/staging unless with the right tuning and running them individually with TA, could also help in adding to the imaging. But, I suppose the Horns will be taking care of the Highs very well.

Congrats on the great setup. Definitely worth having it. Am sure the midbass from those 8" will be really kicking hard.
I guess you have said it all regarding adding a tweeter. Thanks for the compliment and you are correct that 8" are really kicking hard.
Old 29th July 2009, 00:30   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
I guess you have said it all regarding adding a tweeter. Thanks for the compliment and you are correct that 8" are really kicking hard.
Would love to hear those 8" woofer kicking, if ever you come down to B'bay do PM or would do the same if I am in Pune.

Reg the tweeter, what you could try is the Ring Radiator tweeter as the future option run them active, with their own TA. They can go flat out upto 40Khz though it's not much audible to every human hear but it adds more presence, richness and airiness to the sound when played them on-axis and crossed them higher anywhere above 10-12khz, provided they are placed in right way.
Something like this. Vifa XT25BG60-04 Vifa Ring Dome Tweeter - Double Magnet - 4 ohm from Madisound
Old 30th July 2009, 23:02   #72
BHPian

Mumbai Audition

I will be there in mumbai for the weekend and on Sunday I will be at Ajay's store. Anybody who wish to audition my setup is welcome to do so. For detail please get in touch with Ajay or me.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Am in. Have PM'd you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks