Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 19:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post

Does Blaupunkt have an India specific site? Who are the authorized dealers?

Question for the mods/gurus - Is it possible to have a ready reckoner excel sheet somewhere on the site with prices of the latest models updated on a quarterly basis or something. I see the same questions over and over again on many threads.

I think such a list will be a boon.
Of what i heard from unreliable sources, Blaupunkt has officially closed operations in India. However, they have appointed 4 regional distributors who are authorised to import and sell. This could very well be a story, as i heard this from a store who had a fabulous stock of Blau with a new blau sign outside (not in delhi). They are the second best for Bluetooth. The best is like someone here said, get an external device and a HU that supports it.

B is a very good idea. while prices constantly fluctuate in grey, at least for products available officially, it can be a boon.

Last edited by montyguru : 30th March 2010 at 19:43. Reason: forgot to add.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:30   #17
BHPian

ok guys i think i will be able to source these three anyhow
pioneer 6150bt
kenny 7043bt
blu mp57
of these three which is the best keeping price aside .sound performance and the blue tooth functioning which is the one to go for
Old 31st March 2010, 13:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
ok guys i think i will be able to source these three anyhow
pioneer 6150bt
kenny 7043bt
blu mp57
of these three which is the best keeping price aside .sound performance and the blue tooth functioning which is the one to go for
Kenwood 7043!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post
Thanks abhi. How did you get to know the latest models? Is there a site or do you have a brochure soft copy that you can send me?
Kenwood - KDC-BT7043U

There is a Sony UNIT too with inbuilt Bluetooth if someone is on a tight budget. Costs around 5.5-6k
Old 1st April 2010, 07:20   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Kenwood 7043!!!

Kenwood - KDC-BT7043U

There is a Sony UNIT too with inbuilt Bluetooth if someone is on a tight budget. Costs around 5.5-6k
Thanks Abhi. However I was looking for a brochure with the latest models for the year. Their site has all 2008 models.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to settle for the KDC-BT7043U. The dealer is recommending Kenwood speakers to go with it.
Front - 1632A/1652A
Rear - 6532A/6972A.

My budget for the speakers is 5-6k. Any suggestions/thoughts?
Old 4th April 2010, 20:31   #20

Got my new I10 fitted with ICE yesterday. Here is the configuration:

HU - KDCBT7043U - Rs 10000
Front speakers - KFCM1632A - Rs 2000
Rear speakers - KFC6932A - Rs 3200
Tray - Rs 400
Sockets - 250
Labour -150

Total -16000

All the above with Bill and warranty.

I was promised by the dealer that no wires would be cut during installation. However, during installation, he did cut one of the wires in the front door. Since they did have a socket at their end (which was cut out), I asked him why they can't be socketed directly to the front speaker sockets. His explaination was that they are not compatible and that there are really no compatible sockets for the front speakers on the I10 except the factory fitted OEM speakers.
He did use sockets to wire the headunit though.

Being an absolute novice and this being my first experience in getting a car ICE'd I don't know whether this is true.

Can someone throw light on this?
Old 13th October 2010, 10:44   #21

Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade my HU and really need your help with that.

Here's the current Setup in my Swift:
HU: Blaupunkt HAMBURG MP57
Front Speakers: Infinity Components 6030cs (recently added)
Rear Speakers: JBL Coaxials
(All with bill and Warranty)

Now the bluetooth functionality is flawless but the sound quality simply is too bad . The thump is not crisp + there is a lot of jarring when I increase the volume.
I also have a Swift Dzire which comes with a stock system and that sounds way better than this one.

In my opinion the MP57 HU is the culprit. Your thoughts are most welcome here. May be the setup is wrong or something. I got it checked though! And have been told by reliable installers that the wiring and everything else is fine.

So i am considering upgrading the HU and do not really wish to spend a lot now. My priorities go like this:

1. SQ should be very very good
2. Should have Bluetooth (I simply cant go back to a non-bluetooth HU now)

Also a 2 din would be a nice to have coz IMO they look svelte but i am not so sure after reading a lot of not-so-great feedback about them on this forum.

I am considering Pioneer DEH - 6150BT since i have had a very good experience with Pioneer HUs in the past.

Any suggestions?
Old 13th October 2010, 17:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur_J View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade my HU and really need your help with that.

Here's the current Setup in my Swift:
HU: Blaupunkt HAMBURG MP57
Front Speakers: Infinity Components 6030cs (recently added)
Rear Speakers: JBL Coaxials
(All with bill and Warranty)

Now the bluetooth functionality is flawless but the sound quality simply is too bad . The thump is not crisp + there is a lot of jarring when I increase the volume.
I also have a Swift Dzire which comes with a stock system and that sounds way better than this one.

In my opinion the MP57 HU is the culprit. Your thoughts are most welcome here. May be the setup is wrong or something. I got it checked though! And have been told by reliable installers that the wiring and everything else is fine.

Any suggestions?
I would sugget you to find the root cause of it. Many shops would like to push thier product and we have to be 100% sure what is the issue. I would suggest

1. Connect another HU (source it locally or from a shop on temporary basis) and check, if the issue still persists the issue is with speakers / wiring.
2. If the issue is resolved, i would suggest to give the equipement for service. For sure this would be the cheapest option considering that the HU that you own is really good one.

Check this out and let us know,
Scorpio Fan
Old 13th October 2010, 18:42   #23

Thanks Scorpio Fan!

I already got the speakers checked - Temporarily replaced them with new ones from a local shop i know. The problem persisted with the new speakers as well. So speakers being faulty is ruled out.

I have not yet done the same for the wiring - will do that. Just today, my HU has stopped recognizing CDs that work fine in my other two cars - so i think i will need to get the HU serviced anyway. Hope this solves the issue.

BTW - i have been told by others as well that this HU is a very good one. Looks like there a problem with the piece I own. Hopefully should be able to get this fixed by the weekend. Will keep you posted.
Old 13th October 2010, 20:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not yet done the same for the wiring - will do that. Just today, my HU has stopped recognizing CDs that work fine in my other two cars - so i think i will need to get the HU serviced anyway. Hope this solves the issue.

BTW - i have been told by others as well that this HU is a very good one. Looks like there a problem with the piece I own. Hopefully should be able to get this fixed by the weekend. Will keep you posted.
Blaupunkt HUs are good and definitely better than the Swift stock HU. Get the installment thoroughly checked. The quality of wiring and correct connections. The quality of wiring makes a huge difference and worth an investment.

If you do this exercise IMO you will save moolahs for something better.
Old 14th October 2010, 00:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Scorpio Fan!

I already got the speakers checked - Temporarily replaced them with new ones from a local shop i know. The problem persisted with the new speakers as well. So speakers being faulty is ruled out.

You are welcome buddy!
CD detection error can be because of some simple things also. May be the lens head has some dust, or the spinning motor has some issues. I think this should be easily resolvable. Get the HU checked by a good service engineer! Hope your issue will be resolved soon!
Scorpio Fan
Old 14th October 2010, 20:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... The thump is not crisp + there is a lot of jarring when I increase the volume. ...
In my opinion the MP57 HU is the culprit. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
I would sugget you to find the root cause of it. Many shops would like to push thier product and we have to be 100% sure what is the issue. I would suggest ...
Well said, @scorpio_fan!

@ankur_j - there seem to be 2 problems here:
1. You are expecting too much out of a simple system. Yes, the sound will jar if you reach distortion levels at high volume - the Infinity speakers will faithfully reproduce all distortion! Avoid playing that loud if you don't intend to invest in an amp - the 18W RMS per channel from the built-in amp is not meant to go loud. Even a low-cost 4-channel amp from JBL, Blau or Kenwood will make a huge difference in thump

2. Your system has not been set / tuned properly. Coupled with Problem 1, it is bound to disappoint you! You need to play around with the Bass and Treble settings (maybe even the EQ too) to get something that you like
Old 15th October 2010, 17:53   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. You are expecting too much out of a simple system. Yes, the sound will jar if you reach distortion levels at high volume - the Infinity speakers will faithfully reproduce all distortion! Avoid playing that loud if you don't intend to invest in an amp - the 18W RMS per channel from the built-in amp is not meant to go loud. Even a low-cost 4-channel amp from JBL, Blau or Kenwood will make a huge difference in thump
@DerAlte, guess you are right. Probably i am expecting too much out of this system .
But the reason i am unhappy with the system is that its performance does not seem to be good as my Dzire's stock system which is not really a very high benchmark in my opinion. Following is why i say so:
1. Clarity at higher volume is comparitively lesser - And i'm not talking about too high as well, just a li'l high if you know what i mean .
2. The volume increase is not linear - what i mean is that when i increase the volume a bit, the output starts getting stifled before anyone would call it loud.

May be this has to do with the settings. Will play around with it and see. And i will definitely consider getting an amp now that i am planning to get the system serviced anyway.
Old 15th October 2010, 21:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
2. The volume increase is not linear - what i mean is that when i increase the volume a bit, the output starts getting stifled before anyone would call it loud.
Hi Ankur,
The above problem can be because of dust in the volume control. In some cases with cleaning it becomes ok, otherwise colume control need to be replaced. As i suggested, get the HU checked by an expert.
Scorpio Fan
Old 16th October 2010, 12:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Volume controls in HU are no longer potentiometers, they are optical encoders. With old pots, dust would cause a khash-khash noise more than the sudden jumps and non-linearity. With old pots, the non-linearity in perceived volume came from wrongly using a linear pot instead of a log pot. But with @ankur_j's HU this cannot be the problem.
Old 19th October 2010, 14:58   #30

Hi Guys,

Sorry, i had a very busy weekend so could not update this thread.

Finally, i did check by replacing my MP 57 HU with Pioneer 6150BT and JVC R716 HUs. I found a remarkable difference in performance! The wiring and the speakers are just fine.

I was told that there is nothing wrong with HU that i have currently, it is just how blaupunkt is supposed to behave. My MP 57 has a very high hiss associated when i increase the volume, which is something that i dont really like.

These HUs were really very good and definitely gave me what i expect from my setup. The thump is wayyyy more crisp and the clarity is not comprimised when i increase the volume. Simply put, now i enjoy the music in my car.
Plus, there is phonebook integration too .

So i gave into the temptation and went with the 6150BT.

Will get the MP57 serviced and sell it i suppose.

Thanks DerAlte, scorpio_fan, TaureanBull for all your inputs.

Cheers!
Ankur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks