Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 12:52   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur_J View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry, i had a very busy weekend so could not update this thread.

Finally, i did check by replacing my MP 57 HU with Pioneer 6150BT and JVC R716 HUs. I found a remarkable difference in performance! The wiring and the speakers are just fine.

I was told that there is nothing wrong with HU that i have currently, it is just how blaupunkt is supposed to behave. My MP 57 has a very high hiss associated when i increase the volume, which is something that i dont really like.

These HUs were really very good and definitely gave me what i expect from my setup. The thump is wayyyy more crisp and the clarity is not comprimised when i increase the volume. Simply put, now i enjoy the music in my car.
Plus, there is phonebook integration too .

So i gave into the temptation and went with the 6150BT.

Will get the MP57 serviced and sell it i suppose.

Thanks DerAlte, scorpio_fan, TaureanBull for all your inputs.

Cheers!
Ankur
Hi Ankur,
Thats great news, so the culprit is your HU. I believe the noice issue can be resolved by service. Get it serviced, anyway you bought a new HU, so you can atleast recover part of the money you spent.
Scorpio Fan
Old 12th November 2011, 11:56   #32

blue tooth and blue tooth ready?

Hi people i wanted to know what is the difference between blue tooth ready and blue tooth enabled head units?? please advice which would be the best suited for i 10, which im gonna buy soon.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th November 2011 at 16:09. Reason: Please use Search, also please type using proper Punctuations. Helps with readability. Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 10:36   #33

Re: Bluetooth HU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post
Got my new I10 fitted with ICE yesterday. Here is the configuration:

HU - KDCBT7043U - Rs 10000
Front speakers - KFCM1632A - Rs 2000
Rear speakers - KFC6932A - Rs 3200
Tray - Rs 400
Sockets - 250
Labour -150

Total -16000

All the above with Bill and warranty.

I was promised by the dealer that no wires would be cut during installation. However, during installation, he did cut one of the wires in the front door. Since they did have a socket at their end (which was cut out), I asked him why they can't be socketed directly to the front speaker sockets. His explaination was that they are not compatible and that there are really no compatible sockets for the front speakers on the I10 except the factory fitted OEM speakers.
He did use sockets to wire the headunit though.

Being an absolute novice and this being my first experience in getting a car ICE'd I don't know whether this is true.

Can someone throw light on this?
For what it's worth would like to post my experience with this head unit and the above configuration.
1. Bluetooth hands-free was the big reason why I went for this headset. And there it fares badly. I don't know if its something with my configuration but it just doesn't function well. The issue is that the calling party just isn't able to hear my voice due to a lot of background noise that they keep hearing when the car is in motion. I have to stop the car or slow down to a halt for them to hear my voice. I can hear them perfectly though! Tried playing with the noise reduction levels and the mic gain settings but to no avail. So all in all it's mostly a useless feature
It's a pity because otherwise the bluetooth function itself on the unit is quite advanced. Lets you pair two phones, the phone book is integrated in the headset which lets it flash the name (not number) of the person calling that is a big plus.
2. On the music front, I would say the HU is quite good. Lets me plug in a USB which pretty much holds zillions of songs so I never carry around any CD's (although its capable of playing them). Also seems to feed the speakers well and the sound quality seems excellent until the speakers blew (that's another story) , haven't been able to check them out yet. The problem occurs with only some sound frequencies at higher levels.
3. Navigation, in one word is horrible. It's got some sort of jog dial knob and three buttons that is almost impossible to figure out. Navigating the menu is a pain and its totally non intuitive. For a car head unit, where you tend to want to navigate the unit without looking at it, its absolutely a nightmare. The only saving grace is that flipping songs and folders is easy.

All in all, I bought this HU for its bluetooth capabilites and there it has been a big let down.
Old 20th February 2012, 18:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... 1. Bluetooth hands-free ... fares badly ... Tried playing with the noise reduction levels and the mic gain settings but to no avail. ...
Hmm, unlike the other Kenwood HUs with external mic, this one has the mike built-in. External mics are easier to point at the driver, and also shield for ambient noise to a large extent. Also, you must be driving with windows down. With windows up, I don't face such problems - of course I have an external mic.

Have you tried the mic noise cancellation feature in the HU? Should improve the situation. Also, keep mic gain low.

Quote:
... 3. Navigation, in one word is horrible. ... The only saving grace is that flipping songs and folders is easy. ...
That is all there is to navigation in any HU, isn't it - selecting or skipping songs? I just use the left arrow for playing again a song that I like, or right arrow to skip the current one, or the 'Skip Folder'.

It will be safer for you if you don't navigate *at all* while driving. For all other menus, which in fact are for settings and configuration, it is better that you do it when the car is parked.

Last edited by DerAlte : 20th February 2012 at 19:02.
Old 8th June 2012, 14:47   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Hmm, unlike the other Kenwood HUs with external mic, this one has the mike built-in. External mics are easier to point at the driver, and also shield for ambient noise to a large extent. Also, you must be driving with windows down. With windows up, I don't face such problems - of course I have an external mic.

Have you tried the mic noise cancellation feature in the HU? Should improve the situation. Also, keep mic gain low.

That is all there is to navigation in any HU, isn't it - selecting or skipping songs? I just use the left arrow for playing again a song that I like, or right arrow to skip the current one, or the 'Skip Folder'.

It will be safer for you if you don't navigate *at all* while driving. For all other menus, which in fact are for settings and configuration, it is better that you do it when the car is parked.
Yes you are right in a way, the baisc navigation functions seem to be easy after all! The other one's though with the car parked would leave me in the parking lot forever .

I've tried every level of mic gain and NR settings to no avail. I think its something to do with the wiring. Some day I will spend some time rectifying this! I do drive with my windows up all the time so that factor is ruled out!

Most Viewed