Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 14:51   #31
BHPian

Gunbir ji

Another installation par excellence!!

You and JB just keep 'em coming one after the other. AMAZING.

rev_hard
Old 4th November 2007, 17:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Well, we give all our installs special attention. But once in a while, we get to do it for someone who loves music more than his system. And those are the ones we really go all out on.

This was such an instance. We're ecstatic that you like your audio now and your car is among our favourite setups. As for culinary recommendations, I honestly believe that people who know good music also know good food. Its no wonder then, some of life's most gratifying experiences are either about food and / or music. Oh and theres one more thing, but lets leave that off the forum.
A well written post Gunbir. Reading your post almost makes me want to get my own ICE (my stock SX4 units suck anyway). Well said about gratification. cant agree more.
Old 4th November 2007, 17:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Free Back Massage for who so ever sits in the rear middle seat !!!!! LOL Just kidding !!!!

Cheers.....great install.

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 4th November 2007 at 17:34.
Old 5th November 2007, 01:12   #34
BHPian

Congrats FB,
Nice one,best of all you are loving it.I have a small question why DID you opted for IDQ15"?

Cheers!
Old 5th November 2007, 11:24   #35
BHPian

looks liek drool maall..absolutely... Am curoius to hear the IDQ on IB...
Flying bong- Audition milega ??
Old 5th November 2007, 13:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Another Great setup from Gunbir

I really liked the finishing in Boot.

I have one concern though, the way amp is placed isnt it difficult to tune? Or has it been placed this wa so that no one can disturb the settings
Old 5th November 2007, 15:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Congrats FB,
Nice one,best of all you are loving it.I have a small question why DID you opted for IDQ15"?
Thanks!

IDQ15 was recommended by JB as the most suitable option for my listening tastes (i.e. type of music I listen to, I want my sub to blend with the rest of the music and not 'stand out' by itself, need SQ not SPL etcetc), also it is supposed to be one of the best options (out of the few that are available) that are well-suited to an infinite baffle install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
looks liek drool maall..absolutely... Am curoius to hear the IDQ on IB...
Flying bong- Audition milega ??
Name the day, my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
beautiful install gunman/jb.

congrats FB. nice setup.

how are the x types BTW? and are you using TA? does that make a difference?
Thanks!

X-types are good speakers, I guess their best feature would be their crossover that can be adjusted based on relative location of midbass & tweeter, midrange/vocals lack a little 'body' though...

No TA required at all for the sub, it's impossible to pinpoint its location while listening to music - quite amazing . Not using TA for the front stage either, tried it earlier & didnt really like the results.
Old 5th November 2007, 18:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
No TA required at all for the sub, it's impossible to pinpoint its location while listening to music - quite amazing . Not using TA for the front stage either, tried it earlier & didnt really like the results.
Hi FB,
As you wrote that IDQ blends perfectly with fronts, what could be the reason for it?Is it cause of IB or the sub?
One thing more FB, Did u auditioned the sub before you bought it or went for it cause JB's recomendation?I mean if you haven't auditioned before, does it lives upto the mighty reputation?
Cheers!

Last edited by Gill : 5th November 2007 at 18:32.
Old 5th November 2007, 22:20   #39
BHPian

fabulous.

there's another car with 9887 awaiting an imprint decoder, an audison LRx amp and setup. :-)
Old 6th November 2007, 08:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hi FB,
As you wrote that IDQ blends perfectly with fronts, what could be the reason for it?Is it cause of IB or the sub?
I guess it must be both, I havent really heard too many different subs or types of sub setups so I cant exactly pinpoint the reason. What's important is that it meets my requirements perfectly and sounded 'just right' to me from the moment I first heard it.

Quote:
One thing more FB, Did u auditioned the sub before you bought it or went for it cause JB's recomendation?I mean if you haven't auditioned before, does it lives upto the mighty reputation?
Cheers!
No, I didnt audition the IDQ15 before buying it. Honestly, I am not aware of the 'mighty reputation' that the IDQ15 specifically enjoys but yes, the sub delivers on SQ (again, to MY EARS) in the way IDQ subs are supposed to do.
Old 6th November 2007, 11:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi FB,
One thing more FB, Did u auditioned the sub before you bought it or went for it cause JB's recomendation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
I guess it must be both, I havent really heard too many different subs or types of sub setups so I cant exactly pinpoint the reason. What's important is that it meets my requirements perfectly and sounded 'just right' to me from the moment I first heard it.
Nothing in such installs is by accident. Certain cars have horrible acoustics, thankfully the Cedia isn't one of them. We spent a lot of time getting to know the car and its challenges.

A lot of time was also spent before hand getting to know FBs taste in music and his listening preferences. He is a serious music lover and listens to some serious music on a serious home setup. So once the goals were set, the equipment was chosen. Everything has been done for a reason, and not by accident.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir could you please reply to my query ?

Quote:
I have one concern though, the way amp is placed isnt it difficult to tune? Or has it been placed this wa so that no one can disturb the settings
Old 6th November 2007, 14:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Gunbir could you please reply to my query ?
Kya Boss ekdum Techno question poochela! Actually the amp is first tuned, gains set etc. Then its final mounted on to the base board. Then the base board is mounted in its final place. And yes, the controls were made unaccessible by choice.
Old 6th November 2007, 15:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
A lot of time was also spent before hand getting to know FBs taste in music and his listening preferences. He is a serious music lover and listens to some serious music on a serious home setup. So once the goals were set, the equipment was chosen.
@Flying Bong: What line of equipments do you have at home?
Old 6th November 2007, 15:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

gunbir sir, you haven't yet told us about how the sub sounds without an enclosure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks