Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 20:33   #46
BHPian

To all those people who wanted to use USB stuff on their cassette HU, I have seen some mp3 players which don't have internal memory, any display and just play , pase and On/OFF switch and play songs from memory card inserted into it. This mp3 player comes as cheap as Rs.600 and for about Rs.170 you can get a 1GB micro sd card with adapter. We can connect the output of this mp3 player to the output of cassstte preamp (which is input of amp in the HU) and it should work.
I tested this on my sony xplod cassette player HU using a chinese mp3 player. Sound was a bit odd and fine tuning was required which was done by adding pf in between left and right channel wires. Well I should make a mockup to illustrate this:
Name:  Untitled1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  96.3 KB
sorry for my dirty handwriting, I am in a little hurry right now but can't resist posting
The PF used (a ceramic capacitor) is chosen by trying different value, it can be around 47pf as in my case. Motor is disconnected because there is no use of its running now, wires coming from pre-amp is also disconnected to avoid any humming.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:22   #47
BHPian

Hi,
I use a Pioneer Casette player in my palio and have this "Casette to mp3" adaptor. This looks like any other casette and has a cord with 3.5mm jack. I connect my ipod to this and it plays perfectly. Initially i wanted to replace the casette player with CD/mp3 player but I tried this adaptor and it turned out to be a smarter option. My speakers are of good quality and I enjoy my mp3 collection.

Most Viewed