Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 17:32   #31
BHPian

I have not much of interaction with Brand Kenwood(but HU),but i am using their HU in my car right now,For it's price it's just awesome,sound reproduction is decent.I would not like to enter to debate which brand is good and which not,Nevertheless i shall vouch for Kenwood HU.But i fail to understand what GSHA means, i quote,"
these are the specs, on paper. What really matters is the real world feel. Of course, the nature of music one prefers also matters. This is where I feel Kenwood is a let down - though I don't know the exact technical reasons".
Are there nature of music specific audio products??????

Cheers!
Old 12th November 2007, 19:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
End of the day it seems we all have different tastes. I would pick the Kenwood out of that lot and I can make you listen to some very nice sounding cars with Kenwood HUs. It seems the very things I like (and I'm not alone), are the ones you guys seem to dislike... and thats fine.

Cheers!
there was once a dumb guy who wanted to understand logic. so he went to a professor. the professor said he had once seen a gold fish bowl by the dumb guy's window. so he presumed, the dumb guy must have a kid. since he had a kid, he presumed he would be married. and since he was married, he presumed he was not a homosexual. the dumb guy was amazed at his accurate deduction.

he went to his friend and said, boss do you understand logic? his friend said no. so he asked his friend, do you have a gold fish bowl? his friend replied no. the dumb guy said... oh, that means you are a homo.

we could get into scientific theory and hypothesis.
Hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but then, why bother. for the vast majority of indians there's no better car than mercedes. there's no better stereo than pioneer. and clarion is what cabbies in mumbai used once upon a time. don't even bother telling them that they have an audiophile HU that doesn't even play MP3 and costs more than 60 grand. you'll indeed be stoned to death. :-)
Old 13th November 2007, 00:05   #33
BHPian

well im using a kenwood KCD-01... and IMO it beats the hell out of most units I have heard.. both at similar and higher prices as well.. and I would agian say jsut dnt buy equipment based on specs but hear them.. you will be surprised....
Old 28th November 2007, 16:59   #34
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i can vouch for kenwood too. i've had a kenwood HU in my old santro (just sold) for 7 years and it was still playing tapes very well !

now i just installed the kenwood 4036 in my fusion and its brilliant VFM. it has USB + Aux-in and the USB plays from the last point even when i re-insert the stick or switch off the car ! this model even comes with burr brown DAC and has a superb remote (not the flaky card types). it sounds just brilliant (better than my other cars pio 5950 IMO). i paid around 7k for it and I cant think of any other HU that gives so much for so less. here's the pics:

Last edited by NIP : 28th November 2007 at 17:04.
Old 28th November 2007, 20:16   #35
BHPian

^ 7K in grey, I assume? Looks very nice!
Old 28th November 2007, 20:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

7k with b&w i think because its available for 4.5k in grey
Old 28th November 2007, 22:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

OT: NIP, you like Muddy Water too?
Old 29th November 2007, 09:47   #38
NIP
Senior - BHPian

yea 7k with B&W.

@hydra: yup i listen to lots of blues.

Last edited by NIP : 29th November 2007 at 09:49.
Old 29th November 2007, 11:39   #39
BHPian

The phone icon on the remote - does it have to do something with bluetooth, or is it some kind of mode that mutes the HU when you get a call? Also, why does the remote have a numerical / letter keypad? Is that meant to be used with Bluetooth to make calls / send SMSes or something?
Old 29th November 2007, 12:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
The phone icon on the remote - does it have to do something with bluetooth, or is it some kind of mode that mutes the HU when you get a call? Also, why does the remote have a numerical / letter keypad? Is that meant to be used with Bluetooth to make calls / send SMSes or something?
In this HU you can search for files and folders so the alphabets are used for that i think. And yes it is bluetooth ready
More info:
Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 1DIN Receivers | KDC-MP4036U
Old 29th November 2007, 17:52   #41
NIP
Senior - BHPian

abhibh is right. the buttons can be used to search. you need the KCA-BT100 Bluetooth Unit to use the phone bluetooth features.
Old 29th November 2007, 19:48   #42
BHPian

Wow! Seems like really good VFM features-wise. What about the SQ? And also, have you tried running anything else off the USB port other than a flash drive? External hard drive maybe? any mp3 player other than an iPod?
Old 30th November 2007, 09:47   #43
NIP
Senior - BHPian

yea i have an old transcend mp3player that works just fine on the HU. it also charges on the HU, just like on the desktop PC ! yet to try a HDD on it, but i don't think there will be any issues. the music quality is simply superb when the mp3 bitrates are more than 192kbps.

also, the manual says i can connect a multi-card reader to the HU ! i have one, but haven't tried it yet. i have quite a few old MMC, SD and Sony cards lying around. now i can carry lots of music in my wallet when i travel !!
Old 9th January 2008, 15:14   #44
BHPian

Sorry to revive this old thread, but anyone have an idea what the current price (B&W and grey) is of the MP4036U HU?
Old 9th January 2008, 17:40   #45
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Dude vebmetal...I paid around 7k with B&W a month or so ago. Maybe its 1-1.5k less in grey. You cannot get a better HU at this price point in the market, except maybe the '08 Pio series. What I liked about this Kenwood HU is that it has a 24bit DAC (Burr Brown), which means the SQ is way superior to the Pio units at this price range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks