Team-BHP - Skoda ICE Install
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Skoda ICE Install (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/31045-skoda-ice-install.html)

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am installing ICE for my new Octavia. Installation is being done by Asif and His Bros at EBBASS. Will be uploading the pics soon. In the mean time check out the config.

Alpine CDA.9857
Front Rockford Fosgate Power Series T162S
Rear Rockford Fosgate Power Series T162c
Sub JL Audio 12W1 150 W RMS
2 JBL CS Series Amps - One Bridged to0 drive the front components, One for the Rear Component and Sub.

Posting the image links here.

ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00965tp7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00966ct6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00967vo3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00968mq6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00969rg9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00970wf5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00971hz2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00972uj4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00973cr5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00974ec7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00975hk7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00977qe0.jpg

very nicely done. What did you paid for as installation charges ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 620527)
very nicely done. What did you paid for as installation charges ?

Glad you like it. :) Including cables, boxes, fuse and distributor charges were ~ Rs 16000.

The whole setup is not yet fully operational. The left passive is not working. The issue was traced to a reversal of the pcb inside the crossover. Will get it changed today. So no tuning has been done. Currently only rear components are on. Rest are faded out. Once fully tuned the system should rock.

Congrats anandrs! looks great setup....:Cheering: .

Nice, neat install. Congratulations!

Anand, congrats the installation is really neat, looks awesome. And, i especially liked the internal connection to the IPOD inside the front dash. But isn't that a bit cumbersome? I mean, you need to keep the dash open to operate it?

Btw, :Shockked: to know the installation price, isnt it on the higher side? In that price i would have expected some custom made fiber glass boxes et. all

Nice setup anandrs.Hows the speakers?how much for those speakers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandrs (Post 620551)
The left passive is not working. The issue was traced to a reversal of the pcb inside the crossover. Will get it changed today.

Well that's a bit odd. Are you sure it's brand new?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 620786)
Well that's a bit odd. Are you sure it's brand new?

Same doubt crossed my mind Sam. I cross checked with the guys. They told that its new. Today they got the passive replaced with a new one. And the system is working fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 620735)
Anand, congrats the installation is really neat, looks awesome. And, i especially liked the internal connection to the IPOD inside the front dash. But isn't that a bit cumbersome? I mean, you need to keep the dash open to operate it?

Btw, :Shockked: to know the installation price, isn't it on the higher side? In that price i would have expected some custom made fiber glass boxes et. all

The ipod can be controlled from the apline head unit. You don't need to touch the ipod once its plugged. You can select playlist/album/track/songs from the alpine head unit. kind of neat.

I will include all components used for installation (apart from Speakers/Sub). I have no idea about the price comparison since there are few such installers available for comparison in Bangy. So the forum can hint back at me.

Speaker cable 23 mts
Sub cable
17' RCA cable
4G power cable
8G power cable
AGV fuse distributor
AGV Fuse Block
3 Fuses
Sub box
Y connector
2 RCA cables

Thanks all of you for your appreciation. Next on the agenda once money flows into my account:
1. Fiber glass for the front door pads. Right now they are inside but the rockfords look great outside. So fiber glass moulding is required.
2. Probably make it 3 way in the front. This will require a 3 way crossover extra but the added clarity is excellent.
3. Neons, plexiglass, Meters and fiber in the boot.

Asif and I discussed some of these ideas and we probably have to work out the budget and time frame. Fiberglass requires the car to be in the shop for 3 days which is not possible right now. Second point is that there are a lot of designs but few that can be taken up without compromising the boot space. The above design was one such. And the proposed changes should follow the same concept - maintain the double bed boot. In the not so far future....

hi,

congratulations , a very neat install.

woul like to ask one question. is the positive(RED) cable thicker than the negative(black) cable? if this is the case, please get equal size cables installed. im talking about the cables connected to the amp.

cheers
clip

ref sub install: nice to see others think the same way.

the wires to your speakers (I only saw the ones that go to the rear speakers) could use upgradging but i like the way you managed to show horn a 6" in the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 623263)
ref sub install: nice to see others think the same way.

the wires to your speakers (I only saw the ones that go to the rear speakers) could use upgradging but i like the way you managed to show horn a 6" in the rear.

Clip, Navin, Thanks.

Clip Will check out the wires. Was not in town for the week end.