Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 11:53   #1

Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57

I am looking out for a good HU + speaker combo. I checked out Pioneer 6950 (my friend has it) and then checked out Blaupunkt Hamburg at the Blaupunkt shop. Price wise (with B+W) blaupunkt HU is a bit costly but then it has BT + USB. But I am confused regarding SQ. Is Blaupunkt VFM or should I go for Pio. My budget is around 20K (speakers + HU) so I can go for the Blaupunkt but still if anybody has any experience....
Also what speaker (company / model no.) combo (front + rear doors) is best ??
Old 13th November 2007, 15:56   #2
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i am also interested in the blau hamburg. what is the pricing you got got this HU with B+W ?
Old 13th November 2007, 17:22   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Me too.

... after six months I still have no music in the car, and am still attracted to this make but haven't done anything about it yet.
Old 13th November 2007, 17:25   #4
BHPian

The price with B&W is around 15K

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
i am also interested in the blau hamburg. what is the pricing you got got this HU with B+W ?
Old 13th November 2007, 18:22   #5

The showroom quoted me 15950 with B+W for Hamburg and 12950 for Kingston. diff betn Kingston and Hamburg is BT.
A car accessory shop quoted Hamburg for 14700 with b+w.
Old 13th November 2007, 21:39   #6
BHPian

Hi pyatnalkar

If you want VFM, go for the Pio 6950. The Blau HU is only for those who really need the Bluetooth.

For a budget of 20K, you shouldn't spend more than 7K on the HU (See navinji's sticky http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html for more details)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyatnalkar View Post
I am looking out for a good HU + speaker combo. I checked out Pioneer 6950 (my friend has it) and then checked out Blaupunkt Hamburg at the Blaupunkt shop. Price wise (with B+W) blaupunkt HU is a bit costly but then it has BT + USB. But I am confused regarding SQ. Is Blaupunkt VFM or should I go for Pio. My budget is around 20K (speakers + HU) so I can go for the Blaupunkt but still if anybody has any experience....
Also what speaker (company / model no.) combo (front + rear doors) is best ??
Old 14th November 2007, 00:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
The showroom quoted me 15950 with B+W for Hamburg ... A car accessory shop quoted Hamburg for 14700 with b+w.
Could someone here comment on where one can expect the best prices for Blaupunkt gear with B&W in Delhi. (Assuming that official showrooms will always quote higher).
Old 14th November 2007, 09:18   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Hi pyatnalkar

If you want VFM, go for the Pio 6950. The Blau HU is only for those who really need the Bluetooth.

For a budget of 20K, you shouldn't spend more than 7K on the HU (See navinji's sticky http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html for more details)
Hey thanks aditya, that really helped. Well I am really considering spending less on HU and more on the speakers now.
Old 14th November 2007, 13:29   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I was thinking of the St Louis MP56 with Velocity speakers. It is 8,000 cheaper than the Memphis MP66, and that 8,000 seems only to buy a more fancy colour display, which I can well live without.

There was a "Seatle" at the shop too, with very similar looks to the hyper-expensive Bremen. I don't know about its features/price
Old 15th November 2007, 17:46   #10
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Thad E Ginathom, can you please mention the prices you were quoted for the St Louis MP56 ? does this HU have USB ?
Old 15th November 2007, 23:39   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Rs.17,250 from the Blaupunkt shop in Chennai.

According to the brochure in front of me: one USB; two AUX; slot for SD.

Now I've found that brochure again, I see they did give me a price for the "Seatle" too: Rs.26,900.

The other high-end models: Memphis MP66, 25,750; Bremen MP74, 39,900.
Old 18th April 2009, 17:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

I've decided to go in for the following set up on my Siena / Petra. All Blaupunkt components. How's this deal? Please advise me.

Head Unit: Hamburg MP57 - Rs. 9990/-
Front Speakers: GTc 662 (2-way component, 165mm) – Rs. 2950/-
Rear Speakers: GTx 693 (3-Way, 6 x 9" Oval) – Rs. 3450/-
Remote: RC 10 (Steering RC) – Rs. 1900/-
10% discount on the total
Final price-Rs. 16,461
With B&W and 2 years insurance. The remote is currently out of stock.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th April 2009 at 12:07. Reason: Please dont post twice, wait till your post is approved by the moderators.
Old 18th April 2009, 21:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price wise (with B+W) blaupunkt HU is a bit costly but then it has BT + USB. But I am confused regarding SQ. Is Blaupunkt VFM or should I go for Pio. My budget is around 20K (speakers + HU) so I can go for the Blaupunkt but still if anybody has any experience....
Blau MP 57 is an excellent choice. Go in for Blau speakers. Have been using it for about 1 ½ years now and am completely satisfied. IIRC, I paid close to 19K then for the HU plus Blaupunkt components. Best part is that the mic is external so it can be fitted nearer your mouth to catch your voice properly. In B.T. HUs with built-in mic, people at the other end sometimes have problems listening to you since the mic doesn't catch your voice properly.

Some minor -ves:
  1. Display is somewhat dull.
  2. Doesn't display name from your mobile contact list. Only number is displayed while receiving calls.
  3. The USB socket isn't provided at the front of HU but in a wire that is inserted at the back side of HU. The protruding wire simply hangs and doesn't look too good.
Old 18th April 2009, 21:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
In B.T. HUs with built-in mic, people at the other end sometimes have problems listening to you since the mic doesn't catch your voice properly.
What's the location of the mic. Is it in the HU itself or external. I saw a photo somewhere of a external mic mounted on the drivers visor.
Old 18th April 2009, 21:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The USB socket isn't provided at the front of HU but in a wire that is inserted at the back side of HU. The protruding wire simply hangs and doesn't look too good.
Actually, I have this wire inside my glove box so that nothing is visible outside. I feel this is better than inserting the USB stick on the face of the HU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks