Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 22:58   #1
BHPian

SQ - Components and AMP under 10K - Advice pl.

Hey Guroos,

My Budget: 10,000/- [would love including wiring]

My Listening Pref: Sound Quality [Eagles, Elton John, Richard Marx, AR.Rehman, Mark Naufler, Robbie Williams, Enigma, Fleetwood Mac, Kravitz, Sade, Bryan Adams, Sting, Phil Collins and the list goes on... now you know what I mean - Lotta Strings and Instrumentals decent Thump.]

Components: - suggest please.
Amp - Suggest please.
Wiring - Tight Budget - suggest pl.

What is in mind? -

AMP
Blau 4ch AMP or Kenwood 8401 AMP[variable crossovers and bass boost is an advantage I see]

Components
JBL 6.5" or Blaup 6.5"

I will build on this, slowly as time and budget permits, but i dont want to alter my budget keeping the future upgrades. If future upgrades ask for a better device, I will procure it that time, let me cross the bridge when Im over it.

Please shoot your ideas, love to hear from Sam, Nitin, B&T, Gunbir, friends from Cochin, Pune and banglore. I trust you guys, I feel I'm not left alone, I will have some help.
Old 14th November 2007, 10:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
Amp - Suggest please.

What is in mind? -

AMP
Blau 4ch AMP or Kenwood 8401 AMP[variable crossovers and bass boost is an advantage I see]

Components
JBL 6.5" or Blaup 6.5":
Amp also consider: Pio 6300 and JBL GT5 at about 7K.
Speakers: also consider Illusion Electra (5K/pair) and maybe Hertz Deici

If you are looking at Blaupunkt look at the Thc or ODc series
Old 14th November 2007, 11:04   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Just for calling them Guroos, lol

Between the 2 brands you have mentioned, most people here prefer JBL components. Like Navin said there are a few other options too.
You can get the GT5 compos and an amp easily in that price. Heck if you bragain and get lucky, you might even get a GTO component set and a pioneer amplifier.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:40   #4
BHPian

How is the Pioneer AMP scoring better than this kenwood 8401?
Some one here from teamBHP I met yesterday told me that the Kenwood is a better bet, as he has used it. I wanted to know the benefits of the Pio AMP over the kenwood AMP.

Thanks Sam and Nitin for coming in and making the first move! I appreciate your enthusiasm and efforts.

Prince85 - you can have your say about the Kenwood here.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny
love to hear from Sam, Nitin, B&T,
Sam, yeh hum dono ke beech mein kaun aa gaya?

danny: Since you are in Mumbai, all brands are abundantly available. Please listen to a few and decide. It will not be difficult for you to hear similar Blau and JBL setups. My hunch is also that you will prefer JBL over Blau.
Old 14th November 2007, 13:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

And like Navin said, listen to other brands as well. Don't restrict yourself to just two.
Old 14th November 2007, 13:19   #7
BHPian

Where do i listen to?
I dunno much guys who have a car and stereo?
Will the dealers/Installers do a demo and show for the config we ask for?

How do i make out a fake AMP/Speaker? [in case i buy grey]
Old 14th November 2007, 13:23   #8
BANNED

Keeping your listening preferences, I would strongly suggest you to get components only for now. Forget the amp till you can gather some more moolah. Buy yourself some good pair of components within 10k. You can choose from Illusion, Hertz Energy, Infinity reference, Kappa (grey) etc...
Old 14th November 2007, 14:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Keeping your listening preferences, I would strongly suggest you to get components only for now. Forget the amp till you can gather some more moolah. Buy yourself some good pair of components within 10k. You can choose from Illusion, Hertz Energy, Infinity reference, Kappa (grey) etc...
That would be the right thing to do for danny. But then his car does not have a head-unit and he plans to run the front speakers from the amp directly. The source being a Philips Mp3 player which he plans to connect directly to the amp.

My suggestions for him in this case would be as follows keeping in mind his plans for future upgrades like a nice head-unit and rear speakers.

Amp- Kenwood 8401 - 5k(grey) - Its a very sweet sounding 4ch amp and IMHO the best SQ amp in its price range.
Fronts - JBL GTO 607c - 4.5k(grey). There are options like Infinity, Illusion etc but then that breaks his budget.

Immediate future upgrade can be
a good Head-Unit.
and
Rears - JBL GTO 637

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 14th November 2007 at 15:00.
Old 14th November 2007, 14:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guroos
Is that part of the Kangaroo family

I agree with Zak, invest in a good set of speakers for now even if the amp is lacking. Once you have saved up enough get the AMP + RCA's. Baaki recommendations as per GuROOs !!
Old 14th November 2007, 16:19   #11
BANNED

Anyways Danny you started with a budget of 10K, wait for some more time it will be 30K and by the time ull fix everything i am sure it could have crossed 40K.
Even i started with 15K now already crossed 40K and next month adding another 15K :(.
BTW ull get JBL607C for 3600-3800 in grey market, check Manish Market.Also a good amp may be JBL GTO75.4 ull get it for 8500-9000.
Old 14th November 2007, 16:52   #12
BHPian

Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : PLease do NOT post in SMS / Slang language. The entire community benefits from posts made in full and proper use of the english language.

Thanks

Quote:
Hey Guroos,

My Listening Pref: Sound Quality [Eagles, Elton John, Richard Marx, AR.Rehman, Mark Naufler, Robbie Williams, Enigma, Fleetwood Mac, Kravitz, Sade, Bryan Adams, Sting, Phil Collins and the list goes on... now you know what I mean - Lotta Strings and Instrumentals decent Thump.]

Amp - Suggest please.

What is in mind? -

AMP

Components
JBL 6.5" or Blaup 6.5"
Without going into much detail. I would say i have a similar taste in music. I have a pair of Hertz DSK comps running of a PIO 6850 HU. I love the speakers! I have heard not many comps but from whatever i have..Hertz are really good!.

I too plan to get a dedicated AMP soon. Maybe this thread will give me ideas too

Elito

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2007 at 18:47.
Old 14th November 2007, 19:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Sam, yeh hum dono ke beech mein kaun aa gaya?
Nitin Mukesh, all 120Kgs. of him?

B&T-bhai, I am sure you can point @danny to auditionable locations.

I agree with @speedzak - @danny's most rational option now should be getting a good pair of components in front (assuming he drives himself). Something that has good low-end whack, clear mids and treble. Bright or not bright he can decide for himself after auditioning.

There is no mention of an HU? Is it outside the 10K budget, @danny?

Given that a good HU - component combination will give good music loud enough, without immediately burning a hole in the pocket, his immediate needs will be satisfied. Once SQ grows on him and his needs mature (doesn't take a long time; he only needs to pinpoint what he is missing), he will be able to plan and budget further enhancements.
Old 14th November 2007, 23:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : PLease do NOT post in SMS / Slang language. The entire community benefits from posts made in full and proper use of the english language.

Thanks
OT: It would be nice if the MODS could atleast tell where we went wrong! From what i remember it wasn't that bad was it?

Thanks
Elito
Old 14th November 2007, 23:38   #15
BHPian

There is no mention of an HU? Is it outside the 10K budget, @danny?

@DerAlte - I plan to get a HU after a few months. Now I want to plug my MP3 player to the AMP and drive the Speakers. So NO HU now as Prince85 mentioned above.

Under 5.5K Good Components(grey?) - Any suggestions? Or do I stick to getting B&W JBL or Blaup Components? - What is the price of them both?

JBL with B/W Sam pl let me know.

I had been calling Navin bhai as Nitin all along - sorry for the mistake.

Mods note: post merged.

Most Viewed