Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 17:21   #1
BHPian

Problem with Clarion

Hi guys,

Itz me again with one more problem. This time it is my cd changer. I have a Clarion CDC1255z 12 cd changer connected to my clarion head unit ADX5555z. Yes it the OE system on my 2003 honda accord. All these days it was absolutely fine, but now i am facing a problem. It is not reading any discs. I took it to a honda and they told that the CD pick up lens and the entire mechanism is gone. It needs to be replaced. But they are telling they cannot help me. I need to contact Clarion service centre. I dunno if there is any Clarion service centre in Bangalore. If anyone of you know.. please let me know. I tried it on the net and the only information i got on the clarion website was

Clarion Distributor
Supreme Audiotronics Pvt. Ltd.
A-62 Naraina Industrial Area Phase-1,
New Delhi-110028, INDIA
Tel: +91-11-25791140/91-11-25796778
Fax: +91-11-25794169

I tried to call him.. but i am not able to. I think those numbers have changed. I sent a e-mail, but no reply. No i am one worried customer. The technician is telling it is very difficult to get clarion spares. It is always better to buy a sony or poineer as the spares are easily available. I need help to get this fixed. help.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:24   #2
BHPian

I think you are in a completely wrong section.
The MODS will also think so soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_slave77 View Post
I have a Clarion CDC1255z 12 cd changer connected to my clarion head unit ADX5555z. Yes it the OE system on my 2003 honda accord.
wonderful!!! good to see that you have still not been bitten by the ICE bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_slave77 View Post
It is not reading any discs. I took it to a honda and they told that the CD pick up lens and the entire mechanism is gone. It needs to be replaced. But they are telling they cannot help me.
You took it to the wrong place!!! They dont even know about the cars they make. But I appreciate that they said they will not touch it.

What you can do is try to find a good CD player repair shop. I dont know about B'lore. But I can assure you that this can be rectified.

My Philips CD walkman gifted to me by a dear cousin had to be restored. And it was at one of these radio repair shops in Mumbai where the complete mechanism with the lens was changed and it is working fine now since 2 years.

From what I know a Sony lens and mechanism is available as a pack in the area of a city that deals primarily with electronics.

In your case, it might be a bit hard to source as it is a 12-CD magazine mechanism, but worth a try.

All the best.

Last edited by gbpscars : 15th November 2007 at 11:27.
Old 15th November 2007, 13:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

in mumbai you can get the Mechanism spares of Car Audio at Paras electronics,they have the rarest spares available,i am sure they can help in getting the mechanism,but again the issue,is it worth to change the spares,if its close to a few thousands on buying a new CD-Changer

I work in town area,I will try to find out the spares for the model number you have given..cheers...!!!!

Ramie
Old 15th November 2007, 13:47   #4
BHPian

In delhi there is a clarion dealer in South x..near study by janak.. you can visit them.. i have seen it while crossing south x..dunno if its there nw or nt..
Old 15th November 2007, 14:08   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate your response. Please update me once you have enquired.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks