Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Want to audition 6.5" components

I'm looking to get 6.5" components for the front of my Estilo. Will probably get a basic HU (Pioneer 4950) at first, and if budget permits, maybe an amp. Sub to be added later as per requirement/budget. My budget for the components is 6K, around which AFAIK there are four good options:
  1. JBL GTO607c
  2. Hertz Dieci DSK-165
  3. Illusion Electra 6.1
  4. Boston Acoustics S60
I have told Rana at Driven to give me a call in case someone installs any of the above (though I don't think Driven installs Illusions). I would be very grateful if any team-BHPian living in the area (South Delhi), who has any of the above components, would be willing to indulge me in a 5 to 10 minute audition! While I am sure they are all excellent products, I need to figure out is which one of the above would best suit my taste.
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think you have mentioned before but I just wanna ask what type of music do you listen to and what type of sound do you like ? (high lows mids)
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think Panky54321 has JBLs, iraghava has Illusions. You may consider attending one of the meets in Delhi.

I auditioned the Bostons recently. You may listen to them, but IMO they perform below average. Here are a few pictures:

I had posted more pictures here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bike-expo.html

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 22nd November 2007 at 13:15.
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'd have chosen between JBL and Illusions, in case I were to select.
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
My budget for the components is 6K, around which AFAIK there are four good options:

Hertz Dieci DSK-165

I have told Rana at Driven to give me a call in case someone installs any of the above (though I don't think Driven installs Illusions). I would be very grateful if any team-BHPian living in the area (South Delhi), who has any of the above components, would be willing to indulge me in a 5 to 10 minute audition! While I am sure they are all excellent products, I need to figure out is which one of the above would best suit my taste.
Hi Vebmetal,
I have recently got Hertz Compo. (Do not remember the model but it cosed 5500, so it must be Dieci but not 100% sure) installed at driven and will be going to him on this saturday to get repaired HU back. You may pop in to listen to them. Ping me for more details.
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:33   #6
BHPian

Sorry I forgot to qualify my post with my personal taste

I listen to a lot of metal (surprise!), but indulge equally in other genres like rock / hard rock / grunge / rap / electronic and even soft rock.

Timbre wise, I don't like high-highs (if that makes sense). I don't like metallic twangs, and don't like clankety-clank loud noises (contrary to the impression one must get considering I listen to metal). I like clear bass (not loud booms), but precise and tight dhug-dhug. That said, I have noticed that I turn my bass up on my home system more than my friends. To explain further, if someone is playing a bass guitar, I would to hear the notes hes playing and not just bhoon bhoon vibrations.

I hope that makes sense, because reading it, it's probably the most absurd post I have ever posted
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I'd have chosen between JBL and Illusions, in case I were to select.
Veb, If you have any trouble auditioning the JBL and HERTZ components, let me know and I will arrange something. Though I suspect you will find many nice TBHPians will be glad to give you a demo.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd November 2007 at 13:45. Reason: Not again!! Lets stay on topic
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry I forgot to qualify my post with my personal taste

I listen to a lot of metal (surprise!), but indulge equally in other genres like rock / hard rock / grunge / rap / electronic and even soft rock.

Timbre wise, I don't like high-highs (if that makes sense). I don't like metallic twangs, and don't like clankety-clank loud noises (contrary to the impression one must get considering I listen to metal). I like clear bass (not loud booms), but precise and tight dhug-dhug. That said, I have noticed that I turn my bass up on my home system more than my friends. To explain further, if someone is playing a bass guitar, I would to hear the notes hes playing and not just bhoon bhoon vibrations.

I hope that makes sense, because reading it, it's probably the most absurd post I have ever posted
I also like rock, but most TBHPians setups I have listened to(irrespective of whether JBL or Hertz, or Sony) are good for Low Bass. Tight or Boomy depends upon the box of the subwoofer.
In rock and metal, there is lot of use of frequencies which are 60Hz+ like the base guitar, and the metal guitar which is midrange.
I suggest you lookout for something which can give you clean 50-200Hz.
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:08   #9
BHPian

[quote=rocksterraghu;634594]I think Panky54321 has JBLs, iraghava has Illusions. You may consider attending one of the meets in Delhi.

I auditioned the Bostons recently. You may listen to them, but IMO they perform below average. Here are a few pictures:

yeh tweeters kick panel mein kisne lagaye hain?

Old 22nd November 2007, 15:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru
yeh tweeters kick panel mein kisne lagaye hain?
Kick panel mein tweeter? Looks like someone cut a hole there but discarded the idea.
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

You need to go through the link I've posted there for more funny and whacky installs. Also, there is a complete "Ultimate" install.
Old 25th November 2007, 03:00   #12
BHPian

Just noticed that in a couple of threads, people also recommended Soundstream components. This is the first time I have ever heard of them (which is not saying much). What do you guys say?

And, yes, still looking for friendly TBhpians willing to indulge me on my quest to find the right set of 6.5" components!
Old 25th November 2007, 03:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just noticed that in a couple of threads, people also recommended Soundstream components. This is the first time I have ever heard of them (which is not saying much). What do you guys say?

And, yes, still looking for friendly TBhpians willing to indulge me on my quest to find the right set of 6.5" components!
Stay away from the soundstream they are not good what they used to be..

About the quest try moving south from delhi there is a place called Freedabad, where you can meet me and I could help to finish this quest of yours.
Old 25th November 2007, 09:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Stay away from the soundstream they are not good what they used to be.
A LOT of fakes in the market too.
Old 25th November 2007, 19:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with LBM. I have heard the Soundstream components and found them to be sad. They were harsh and intolerable to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks