Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:46   #16
BHPian

Thanks Nimz,

My quest for ICE started the day I booked Swift VDi. That was way back in first week of September, much before I was initiated to TBHP. Back then, my ideal ICE set up was a Sony Xplod system with an amplifier!

As Swift dream fell aside due to delivery woes, I started looking for an front speakers that could fit in Spark. Fortunately, I was hooked on to TBHP by that time. I had almost finalised on Illusion 4.1 (which I am pretty sure would have sounded equally good, if not better), but here my wifey's voice prevailed (it usually does!). She wanted a 'clean' look inside the car, without any external wiring and tweeter fittings. Then I narrowed down on Blau ODx series 4" speakers for front and ODx 693 for rears. Up until this point, I had never auditioned JBL speakers. Fortunately, the Blau dealer played both ODx and JBL speakers on the above set up and that clinched the deal for me. Odx are no doubt good speakers, but JBLs at that price range were great value for money. Plus they give a good bass too.

As for the HU, I wanted to keep my ICE budget at 20K +/- 10% including amplifier (I did break TBHP tradition of overshooting the budget by a wide margin, though). Also, I wanted an HU with front 'Aux In' and Pioneer 7950 which would have been close to my price range did not have that feature. Blau MP 37 with bill and warrant plus 2 years anti theft insurance was again good VFM. So that's it.

Why GT4 amplifier? Again a combination of good sound and low price. After listening to the same set up in my car with Sony amplifier (I did so when there was a noise problem during the installation and the dealer offered to fit an Sony Amp), I was glad I went in for GT4.

As for Tsunami wiring kit, now I know why gurus insist on using a good power cable and RCA wire. There is still a very very low noise emanating from front speakers only because the second RCA wire was not of same standard as the original Tsunami RCA which came along with the kit. (I will have it changed anytime soon). Also it fitted my budget well.

I don't claim it is the best set up. But in the given price range, it was the best I could manage.

Apologies for a very long post. But I hope it helps
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is what one calls a Bright Spark!
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:31   #18
BHPian

SteeroidI guess this is what one calls a Bright Spark!

A Bright RED one at that, Steeroid! Thanks
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

If you are happy with the sound nothing like it. Congratulations
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:37   #20
BHPian

Man!!

I am overwhlemed by the gratitude you have expressed towards TBHP folks for solving your ICE odyssey. They are truly awesome. They solved my tyre and alloy question for by yet to be owning Getz CRDi within two days.

Do post the pictures of the set up,I am looking forward for it.

Cheers
Anju

PS:I would seek TBHP folk's help including you for my Getz CRDi set up,I'll post the query some time later.
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:47   #21
BHPian

Thanks, Busa

No two ways about that, Anju. This site rocks.
Congrats on Getz CRDi. I will be happy to answer your queries based on whatever little I have learnt in last few days.
Old 31st December 2007, 02:10   #22
BHPian

Who did the installation? Was it Ecko? How was the experience?
Old 31st December 2007, 09:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Pics! Pics! We wanna see pics!
Old 25th January 2008, 13:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
HU London MP 37 : Rs 7600.00 (MRP: 8950.00)
Hi dude, Just wanted to know how satisfied are you with Blaupunkt HU? Did you listen to Pioneer/Alpine before making a choice or was Blau your original choice?
I too have a Blau MP 34 in my Getz and just wanted an opinion. I am originally a Pio fan, but with so many fake/grey Pios around, I am contemplating whether to buy it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
GTO 427 : Rs 2250.00 (MRP:2750.00)
GTO 937 : Rs 4000.00 (MRP: 4950.00)
GT4 Amp : Rs 5600.00 (MRP: 6350.00)
Tsunami Wiring Kit : 2500.00 (MRP: 2650.00)
Parcel Tray (Wooden) : 750.00
I think thats a nice price! How do you find the sound quality of JBL co-axials all around?
I am contemplating whether to go for GTO 627 in the front, or for JBL components. For the Rear, I am also thinking of GTO 937.
BTW, is this an MDF tray?

Most Viewed