Team-BHP - Need Help with my ride's new I.C.E. setup..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Need Help with my ride's new I.C.E. setup.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/31817-need-help-my-rides-new-i-c-e-setup.html)

Heyllo guyz....

Well..as the topic says....I need lil help with mah car'z I.C.E. setup...i have a Swift '05.

at the moment... i have :

Head Unit : Pioneer deh5850
Speakers : Jbl gto 936e ( rear )
Sony Xplod GTF1325B ( front )

-------

Now...I am planning an upgrade...

I am really confused in which Head Unit to go for..
have 2 options....

1--> Pioneer Premier series....
i) DEH690UB ( will hv to get it from US )
ii) DEH7950UB
iii) DEH-P6900UB.

2--> Clarion HU'z
i)DXZ776USB

ii)DXZ576USB

This is where i am confused....Please any 1 who can suggest me sumthing...1 of mah gud buddies ( ronny from D5 ) has given me a nod for Clarion...but m still lil confused...

** Mah budget for the H.U. is ard 15kz INR...

btw...i wud be getting the Infinty Speakers...so plz consider this also...
about the Amp and the Sub....most likely its gonna be JBL Amp + JBL sub...

lookin for sum assistance....thnx

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~mave~ (Post 637388)
Head Unit : Pioneer deh5850
Speakers : Jbl gto 936e ( rear )
Sony Xplod GTF1325B ( front )
I am really confused in which Head Unit to go for..
have 2 options....

1--> Pioneer Premier series....
2--> Clarion HU'z
i)DXZ776USB
btw...i wud be getting the Infinty Speakers...so plz consider this also...
about the Amp and the Sub....most likely its gonna be JBL Amp + JBL sub...

1. please use Queen's English. I had to read your post 2 times to understand it.
2. The 776 would what I would get but remember that Clarion is not well distrubited or supported in India. If you need service you might be in for a long wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 637471)
1. please use Queen's English. I had to read your post 2 times to understand it.
2. The 776 would what I would get but remember that Clarion is not well distrubited or supported in India. If you need service you might be in for a long wait.

1. Absolutely true. I thought 50 cents is typing. lol:

2. Go in for Pio 7950 UB. Its a pretty good HU with lots of features and a decent SQ.

it's easy.
first see which HU you are comfortable with. nokia users find it difficult to shift to sony. (though if you are tech-savvy, this won't really matter)

then see what features you are looking for and which models have it. shortlist.

pioneer's are good VFM if you have an equation with the accessory dealer in grey. clarion won't be available in grey.

and also take a look at alpine 9885. a good buy for 'with bill, with warranty, with insurance' types in india.

if you are getting from US and want that "mere paas Eclipse hai, tumhare paas kya hai?" factor, then you can check them out as well.

ECLIPSE by Fujitsu Ten

:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 637471)

Hehe....ok..will not use that kind of language from now on..

Pio 7950...thats nice..but a couple of ppl i know have it already...

and bout 776...i know that clarion doesnt have a good disti network here in india...but what i would like to know is that does it( the H.U.) gets bad often..?

Coz when i am putting in 15k'z..i would want something which is a show-off too :P.

any idea about the pricing of clarion 776 & 576 ?
and, how are the infinity speakers??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~mave~ (Post 637887)
.but what i would like to know is that does it( the H.U.) gets bad often..?any idea about the pricing of clarion 776 & 576 ?
and, how are the infinity speakers??

THere is not too much service data on Clarions out there. But if you look at the international forums you will find that they are well respected for both sound and service.

Infinity are good speakers (like many other brands).

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 637659)
1. Absolutely true. I thought 50 cents is typing.

Wait till Sameerji attacks this thread, he'll give you something about Clarions...

Also, keep your options open for the new JBL HU for which JBLs R&D is gettin lots of inputs from TBHPs ICE section! lol:

The Yeti will strike back!!! :D

Ahem....

The JBL H.U'z....any idea when can we see them in the market?? coz at max i can wait till Jan 1st week..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~mave~ (Post 638348)
Ahem....

The JBL H.U'z....any idea when can we see them in the market?? coz at max i can wait till Jan 1st week..

JBL HU? Not so soon Mave... TBHPians (Got it right now!) are very greedy and are pesterin JBLs R&D with Alien features...
Check This Out...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...1-1-gvs-2.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~mave~ (Post 638348)
Ahem....

Jesus. Where did you hear about their launch?!? There are no JBL HUs and I don't think there are any coming, so go ahead and buy a Pio/Alpine/Any reputed HU that you're planning to.

Cheers!

P.S: I hope you're not referring to the funny posts about a JBL HU somewhere else. If yes (because you're new here), it was just a joke. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 638653)
P.S: I hope you're not referring to the funny posts about a JBL HU somewhere else. If yes (because you're new here), it was just a joke. :)

The JBL HU posts were a Joke.

I can say this with authority. Harman International (JBL's mother lode) does make HUs under different brands.

hey guys i am not still feeling comfortable with the language of mave.for the record i started typing good english even while i am sending an sms or chatting after i joined t-bhp.so please stick to good english.and for the hu pioneer or alpine would be fine.

ram

:S guyz...i dont think i am using BAD english here....infact..after sum1 pointed it out...i am typing complete words instead of web/gamers - lingo....

neways...will stick to the topic..no off topic posts please :P...

I was to keen to go for the Clarions...So i called up the contact person listed on the CLARION's site...n guess what did they say??
--> " we dont sell clarion products...we just provide after sales service " ...got a number from them of a person who sells clarion in india...n he said that neither of these "575/675/775" are available in India.

So i guess...i would stick to Pio 6900 now...should be a good buy.considering the fact that it can read from a HDD :D.

thanx for ur input ppl :)

Mod's Note: Thanks for making efforts to type-in full words. However your effort is evidently not enough. Search this post of yours and you will find many shortcuts like sum1 (instead of someone), neway (instead of anyway) etc.

Its not just irritating to read for the members but is also a violation of the posting rules and may attract infraction points. We hope to see still cleaner post from you.

Yup, no one wants to sit and have to translate n = and, de = the, sum1 = someone.

Think of it as if you are writing an English exam, or maybe a formal letter to your boss.