Need help to redo my Corolla's ICE
I plan to completely redo my Corolla's existing ICE installation which was done a year back. The current equipment list,
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD
Front Speakers: Morel Pulse 6.5" 2-way component
Rear Speakers: Infinity Reference 9613i 3-way 6" x 9"
Primary Amp: Alpine MRV-F545 4-channel
Sub Amp: Alpine MRD-M301 Class D Mono Block
Subwoofer: Blaupunkt Velocity Vb300 12" DVC
Accessory: Pioneer IPod Adapter CD-IB100II
The sound quality is not up to the mark in spite of having a decent setup. I went to AutoFusion (Bangalore) for the re-installation job. They said that they will have to redo everything to make it sound better, some of the proposed changes,
1) Re-install all 4 speakers and 2 tweeters
2) Change all wiring (Speaker, Power, RCA)
3) Pack front doors and Apply Damping on all doors, rear bumper, Boot etc.,
4) Replace the stock plastic parcel tray with Wood tray
5) Re-locate Amps from under the front seats to boot, behind the rear seat
6) Make a custom box for sub-woofer; they feel that the original Blaupunkt Velocity box is not good enough.
They quoted Rs.16K for the entire job including EFX Wiring kit. This price will go up(above 20K) if I opt for Monster cables.
I request TBHP audio gurus to help me in this regard,
1) First of all, is it a reasonable amount?
2) What wiring kit should I opt for? Efx, Audison or Monster
3) Should I change my Capacitor (Brand new BOSS 1Farad) and if yes which one, considering that I might go for a more powerful Sub amp soon.
4) Is 4 Gauge power cable sufficient? Or should it be bigger?
5) Do I really need to abandon my Blaupunkt Box (only the box) and make a custom enclosure?
6) Do I need to apply damping to Dashboard also?
7) What damping product should I opt for?
I want a good sounding setup, I won't mind spending few thousands more to achieve that since I have already spent a good amount for equipments. I plan to do the re-install this Friday. I would really appreciate your help to make my ICE sound better.
Thanks in Advance.
2. not having heard Efx I'd take Audison or Monster (I assume they are using Interlink Jr.).
3. Remove it. Why do you need it?
4. Use 2 x 4 gauge and dump the cap.
5. The Blau box is flimsy. a good MDF box should be nicer
6. depends. In most cases no.
7. see the damping thread. American Dynamics is what I used, Wurth, Fonomat, Dynamat, etc.. are all available in India.
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:53.|