Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2007, 15:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Blank warranty cards are not given to dealers.

Warranty cards cannot be duplicated. There is a secure method that I cannot disclose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Official GTO937 has an importers sticker on the box. WIth the MRP including taxes. Inside you will find a warranty card, in 2 parts. One is the customers copy and one goes to the distributor.

Furthermore you may not find wires inside the grey market product.
Today, I decided to check it out for myself. As a customer, I wanted to know what exactly is happening. I asked a friend of mine who runs a car accessories shop and I found this:

I wanted to know from where he procured the JBLs and he gave me this invoice mentioning the full name and address of the dealer:

Furthermore, he told me that JBL products have always come with blank warranty cards - even when he was getting them from Sprocket.

Sam, can you please comment on this?

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 2nd December 2007 at 15:07.
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Won't the set of warranty cards be blank, until a sale is made? They will also be contained inside the packaging. What Sam probably meant is, that no warranty cards are handed out, outside of the packaging.

On purchase, it is the consumers responsibility also, to have the warranty card duly filled and stamped. Many a times, sketchy dealers try to skip filling the card. This is something the buyer must ensure.
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
veb, the dealer has sold goods evidently with a 'fake' warranty. It is between the customer and dealer. Where did the company come in between? If the customer does not make sure that it is genuine warranty, he is wrong.
Ok maybe I understood the situation wrong - what I meant was that companies should take a more active stance in prosecuting dealers selling fake goods. Not sure what a "fake warranty" means. If I am not mistaken, as long as the product is original, the warranty card is meaningless. It could even be a handwritten note that the dealer gave. All the warranty card does is facilitate the process when something goes wrong. It creates certainty as to when, where any by whom was the product purchased, and it tells the manufacturer / service centre, that the product has been purchased through the right channels. Practically speaking, this has immense value.
But my point is that AFAIK as long as an original product was sold, and not in grey, the manufacturer is liable for defects.
Old 2nd December 2007, 23:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Won't the set of warranty cards be blank, until a sale is made? They will also be contained inside the packaging. What Sam probably meant is, that no warranty cards are handed out, outside of the packaging.
I saw a bunch of warranty cards stapled and lying in his shop. They were sent separately as one per product. Besides, don't you think the product and serial number should be there on the card before it reaches the dealer? I understand that it would be a troublesome process, but I am not sure how blank warranty cards wouldn't encourage things like what happened to manyu.

Here, you can see the stapler pin marks in the picture above.
Old 2nd December 2007, 23:21   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Furthermore, he told me that JBL products have always come with blank warranty cards - even when he was getting them from Sprocket.

Sam, can you please comment on this?
Yes. Blank. But inside the box. Not separately.
Old 3rd December 2007, 09:45   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I saw a bunch of warranty cards stapled and lying in his shop. They were sent separately as one per product.[/url]
Here, you can see the stapler pin marks in the picture above.
what surprises me is that they were "sent seperately".

I have bought many products and there is usually a warranty card inside the carton. Even my laptops came with warranty cars and the seril number was filled in by the dealer when they stamped it. I usually send my copy of the card to the respective company (after making a photocopy of it for my records).
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:12   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

A serial number on each portion will help the manufacturer match the two pards of the card.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
what surprises me is that they were "sent seperately".

I have bought many products and there is usually a warranty card inside the carton. Even my laptops came with warranty cars and the seril number was filled in by the dealer when they stamped it. I usually send my copy of the card to the respective company (after making a photocopy of it for my records).
Precisely why I asked my friend. When I bought all the JBL equipment, the dealer had 5 warranty cards ready with him. At that time, I thought he had removed them from their respective boxes.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:53   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Precisely why I asked my friend. When I bought all the JBL equipment, the dealer had 5 warranty cards ready with him. At that time, I thought he had removed them from their respective boxes.
Is someone faking warranty cards now? Sam this smells really funny.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:54   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

No I think I know what has happened. I will sort this from my end.
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is someone faking warranty cards now?
Sam, let me know if you want me to send the warranty cards and the invoice via courier to your office. I have to send B&T something, I can do it together by tomorrow or day after.
Old 4th December 2007, 12:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I have to send B&T something,
WooHoooo! cheers:

P.S. Are you going to be in Bangy sometime this week?
Old 4th December 2007, 13:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
WooHoooo! cheers:

P.S. Are you going to be in Bangy sometime this week?
cheers:

OT:
I've sent you a PM. Are you coming too? Let me know when, I'll drive down. Will cover the Vahan Yatra as well.
Old 8th December 2007, 18:04   #59

GTO 937 fakes in Chandigarh

Sam sir as you Brand Director of JBL i am quoting this query especially to you..
Today I was just searching the market and got a quoting of Rs 2400 - Rs 3000 for a pair of GTO 937 with B&W from most of the dealers.. I personally feel that these are way too low for them.. Could you please throw some light on it.. Also if you have any pictures of the box and how to make sure its an original then do you mind posting them for the benefit of all..

And lastly sir could you please tell me if there's any authorized dealer representing JBL in chandigarh.. Because I havent been able to find one ..

Perry
Old 8th December 2007, 23:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Sam has said it, so have others. There are no JBL fakes.

The pricing you mention is superb. I am thinking that those guys must have bought it in some scheme or something, made money on something else and must be giving this at or under cost to clear stock. Just my guess. At those prices, the very existence of Pioneer and Sony grey speakers is challenged. If I were you, I'd take advantage and buy it if I like it. What are the options? Hence, what's to lose?

Most Viewed