Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 23:38   #1
BHPian

Jbl 937 fakes Are they in market?

hi to all....

i got jbl 937 installed from lajpat nagar new delhi for rs 2900 with bill and warranty but the box didint have any importers label...

after a day there is cracking sound coming from one or i think both the speakers...

the guy said he will replace them but atfirst says there a prolem with my pioneer 7750 but i doubt it...

are there any fakes circulating in delhi market.. my worst fear i hope hasnt come true...

guys pls help me.. what should i do.. i am very upset...

manyu baweja
Old 30th November 2007, 00:53   #2
BANNED

hey bro, you can't be sure, it can be fake. there are lot of fake ICE equipment circling in lajpat and karol bagh area.
Old 30th November 2007, 01:54   #3

Bro check the connections, the + and -, that could be the cause.
The price you got was ok (if not more by a cpl of hundreds) so it should be genuine, still you never know.
Old 30th November 2007, 08:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

You probably have grey market GTO937. AFAIK there are no counterfeit 937s.
Old 30th November 2007, 08:34   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You probably have grey market GTO937. AFAIK there are no counterfeit 937s.
With Bill and warranty?
Old 30th November 2007, 08:37   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I did not see that. Well honestly it is impossible to get a 937 officially with bill and warranty for that price. Besides, the official has the importers label as you rightly pointed out and your set does not.
So I wold not bet my life on that warranty.
Old 30th November 2007, 09:34   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
So I wold not bet my life on that warranty.
Sam bhai, can you pls spell out for everyone's benefit, what's the official warranty document for JBL products - is it just the bill, or a specific warranty card. Knowing this would help people to not get conned about wty.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:53   #8
BHPian

hi.,..

its g8 to see the prompt replies...
to mr bansal.. i got the + - cables checked many a times with no improvement.

hey sam

will it be possible to get my jbl 937 exchaged for new ones... as they are under a warranty as i have the warranty card stamped with bill...

is it possible to get them changed from another reputed shop like elegant in lajpat nagar..
Old 30th November 2007, 10:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Official GTO937 has an importers sticker on the box. WIth the MRP including taxes. Inside you will find a warranty card, in 2 parts. One is the customers copy and one goes to the distributor.

Furthermore you may not find wires inside the grey market product.
Old 30th November 2007, 11:07   #10
BHPian

hey sam...

Is it possible to get them changed from another reputed shop like elegant in lajpat nagar..

futher more i had wirings in the box.. with the warranrty card but i think it was just the customer copy..

now i am back to square one i feel i wasted 3000 rs... again got ripped off by a car dealer..

I was also thinking of getting the 607c in my car.. thank god i didnt get them at the same time... oohss.. got saved....

i think you have one customer off from accessory market.. sorry to say that but Sam thats the truth...

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th November 2007 at 12:55.
Old 30th November 2007, 12:30   #11
BHPian

Gurus, grey market product means an original piece but not supposed to be sold in india.. isn't it?

So, warranty card, wires etc should be present.. rt?

Only the sticker should be missing..
Old 30th November 2007, 12:55   #12
Team-BHP Support

Can you atleast post some pictures of the box and the "warranty card" you have.
Old 30th November 2007, 15:27   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
hey sam...

Is it possible to get them changed from another reputed shop like elegant in lajpat nagar..

futher more i had wirings in the box.. with the warranrty card but i think it was just the customer copy..

now i am back to square one i feel i wasted 3000 rs... again got ripped off by a car dealer..

I was also thinking of getting the 607c in my car.. thank god i didnt get them at the same time... oohss.. got saved....
Hi Manyu,

99% you have a pair of speakers that are either wired in wrong polarity (as Mr. Bansal pointed out) or installed badly.
There is a 1% chance your speakers may be faulty. Have the installation checked and you might be in for a nice surprise.

If there was only a customer copy then the dealer copy was torn out. They are joined on a perforated card. Maybe he sold you used speakers?
In any case, you said youhave a bill. If your speakers are indeed under warranty and with a bill, then you are entitled to a replacement, are you not?
So go back to the dealer and claim your replacement. Why would you not? I am confused.

And why do you want to change them at another reputed shop? Did you buy them from a shop of ill repute?

There is no such thing as a free lunch. There are JBL authorised dealers with certificates and stickers on their doors. They sell official JBL speakers with stickers and warranties and bills and replace speakers if they are faulty. Like the dealer you mentioned. Elegant at Lajpat nagar.

If you have purchased the speakers at a price much lower than the market value from a dealer who is not authorised, then that is a chance you take. Remember, all of India installs thousands of GTO937s every week and they are truly terrific sounding speakers, IMO the best 6X9 speaker in its class and price.

Quote:
i think you have one customer off from accessory market.. sorry to say
Somehow, baba - I think that JBL has one customer off from the suspiciously low priced and possibly grey accessory market. Maybe next time you'll buy from a reputed shop?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th November 2007 at 15:32.
Old 30th November 2007, 15:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

2900 for a 937 with bill and warranty is a joke, it's not possible. It's pretty much a lie for obvious reasons.
It's common nowadays that some shop guys say the product comes with bill and warranty, but that bill also is fake which they might not account for and the warranty is warranty to say and not to cater to.
It happens all the time in JC Road in bangalore. So, if anything indeed is wrong and you do get a replecement or a working remedy then it's fine.

Besides I think it's more of bad install than speaker problem, 937s are pretty relaible.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 30th November 2007 at 15:34.
Old 30th November 2007, 15:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
hey sam...

i think you have one customer off from accessory market.. sorry to say that but Sam thats the truth...
manyu sir, it is not yet clear whether you bought an official product or not. you are saying the box doesn't have importers label. then how is it Sam's responsibility if you buy a product from an unauthorised vendor?

you sound as though JBL has cheated you, and if you think such, it is absolutely wrong.

you have been cheated by a dealer, (an unauthorised one at that). and dealers have loads of tricks. from boxes to warranty cards to fakes.

so if you have *****, threaten the dealer with dire consequences unless he pulls up his act together.

if you have a pukka bill, preserve it and go to the consumer court.

or else, let us know who this guy is. for all you know, resources at T-Bhp could help iron out things without any fuss.

"again" got ripped by a car dealer? have you been ripped before too?

and how can you expect shop A to change a shirt which you bought from shop B? that's at your personal level. it's not a chain franchisee. if both of them were official dealers, there still would be a slight chance given a special case. and if it's an official product, then there would be no reason to worry coz you had a warranty with you.

so my dear friend, when you take a short cut of buying things from grey, from unauthorised dealers, the responsibility rests entirely on you. and not the brand or the official distributors in any which way. yes, ideally brands should see to it that their products are not sold such, but that's far from reality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks