Team-BHP - JBLfy my Corolla
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   JBLfy my Corolla (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/32161-jblfy-my-corolla.html)

Greeting to all T-Bhpians,

I have decided to reborn my 3 years old corolla and i am gonna start of with the ICE.I have decided to put up a JBL setup in it.
Reason:
1.Hertz is already rocking my Swift.
2.Want to try JBL.
3.Sam sir would be happy.

Things that i have thought of and need help:-
1.Front
Cant decide what to go in for GT5 or something else.What size will go in the corolla??I want components up in the front.
2.Rear
Should i go in for Co-ax or 6x9s.
3.Sub
This i have decided,would be the Dual 12" Band Pass enclosure.So this thing can be left out.Or do you think 2 GT5 12" Would be better?I want 2 12" subs.
4.Amps
No clue what to go in for.Need help here the most.
5.HU
I really want to retain the stock HU,but is it possible.I mean the RCA outputs and things.

I want a loud Bass setup.As SAM sir said in the CNBC video.I want to roll down the windows and go BOOM-BOOM.

Budget:- 50k.I know it will increase but i dont want to increase it too much.Like in my Swift i thought of 40k and ended up spending 55k.stupid:

Also tell me the places where i can go and pick up these stuff in delhi.I will get it installed at Driven.

If you have a pre-out in your HU, you can go ahead and retain it. AFAIK, Toyotas come with Panasonic HUs.

If you want a setup to blast it out on the streets for 50k, I would say:

1. Front Components 6-7k
2. Rear Co-axials - 3-4k
3. Amp GTO 7001 - 20k
4. Amp GTO 504 - 10k
5. Subs : 2 X GT5 subs for 8k.
6. Wiring + Install - 4k.

Discounts should help you to bring it back to 50k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 645709)
2.Want to try JBL.

I want a loud Bass setup.As SAM sir said in the CNBC video.I want to roll down the windows and go BOOM-BOOM.

You reasons are very sweet. I wish you good luck in your quest for BOOM-BOOM :)

I will be happy, when you are happy. Regardless of what brand products you buy.

IMHO,

1. Go for GTO components in the front. (dont know size coroalla accomodates)

2. Coax in the rear will do if sub is not removed ocassionally, is sub stays go for coax's.

3. Gor the 1204 BPD for the bass as well as pure shock value, finish excellent, need niceeee amp for that though to crank it up.
Will be too much bass though, or go for a single 12" ID sub with custom enclosure.

4. 2 or 4 channel (JBL or Kenwood amps) amp for the speakers and a mono amp for the sub depending upon the sub you select as you are going to blast full on. You can find more info on their respective web links.

5. Dual sub will definitely need damping.

Audition speakers first and also the sub if possible from the fellow Bhpians or your contacts and then decide. VFM Wiring options are there, more from the gurus.

Hope you get some ideas on Icing your corolla from the above.

PS: Guru's :) apologies in advance if the above is too vague.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 645709)
Greeting to all T-Bhpians,

I have decided to reborn my 3 years old corolla and i am gonna start of with the ICE.I have decided to put up a JBL setup in it.
Reason:
2.Want to try JBL.

Things that i have thought of and need help:-
1.Front
Cant decide what to go in for GT5 or something else.What size will go in the corolla??I want components up in the front.
2.Rear
Should i go in for Co-ax or 6x9s.
3.Sub
This i have decided,would be the Dual 12" Band Pass enclosure.So this thing can be left out.Or do you think 2 GT5 12" Would be better?I want 2 12" subs.
4.Amps
No clue what to go in for.Need help here the most.
5.HU
I really want to retain the stock HU,but is it possible.I mean the RCA outputs and things.

Budget:- 50k.I know it will increase but i dont want to increase it too much.Like in my Swift i thought of 40k and ended up spending 55k.stupid:

Also tell me the places where i can go and pick up these stuff in delhi.I will get it installed at Driven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645925)

even thats very sweet.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 645925)

That is so nice of you SAM sir.No advice from your side,Your advice can me most useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 646484)
That is so nice of you SAM sir..

Sam would normally advise you to get a bottle of wine, flowers, take your loved one out for a dinner and if you still have money left over then buy ICE! :-)