Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 14:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Pioneer Car Systems Launched

Folks,
some news on new Pioneer car audio systems for the Indian market:

Pioneer Corporation, Japan, the global leader in in-car entertainment, today announced plans to extend its leadership position in the Rs. 1,200 crore Indian in-car entertainment market by unveiling a new and improved line of five stellar in-car entertainment systems in the Indian market.

The systems connect with a wide range of external digital audio devices including MP3 players and iPods. Access, control and high-resolution playback in the new in-car entertainment systems are now highly compatible, user-friendly and efficient.

Priced between MRP Rs 6,500 and MRP Rs 15,990, Pioneer’s new products will be distributed by Autocop India. The entire range of Pioneer In-car entertainment products including audio units, amplifiers and speakers will be sold through the strong retail network of over 3,000 authorised dealers, & serviced by 67 contact points & 40 regional offices.

There has been an increasing demand for MP3 playback compatibility in India; hence Pioneer’s new in-car entertainment systems now allow consumers to connect portable music players directly to the car stereos. The improved line of Pioneer in-car entertainment systems includes two models with direct iPod compatibility. This allows for convenient control of menus and songs stored in the iPod, and recharging of the iPod during playback.

Three of the five new systems have direct USB connectivity, allowing for compatibility with a range of audio devices. Whether it’s a portable music player or stored music files in your pen drive, the integrity of Pioneer’s pure technology and advanced engineering keeps every sound pristine and powerful, while maintaining affordability. These features make Pioneer’s new in-car audio lineup extremely attractive to the more technology-savvy crowd.

Pioneer’s DEH-P6050UB, combines advanced technology with high grade functionality and design, and offers direct iPod and USB control. With USB compatibility, your Pioneer car entertainment system can be expanded into a listening library. Connect it from the head unit to a portable digital player or USB memory device, and gain convenient access to digital music files that have been compiled and edited on a personal computer.

The DEH-P6050UB also boasts a dot-matrix OEL display, with a motorized, removable front panel. It provides a choice of 3D animation images and a wide viewing angle for clear, trouble-free viewing from virtually any position, even in sunlight.

Pioneer has also specially customized an exclusive model for India. Not available anywhere else in the world, the DEH-4090MP comes equipped with a protective flap that prevents the accumulation of dust and dirt. The affordable model also comes with a large OEL panel for clear viewing and an aux-input in the rear conceals any wires, keeping the front face of the unit clean and clutter-free.

The DEH-P5090UB and DEH-4090MP have segmented OEL displays which offer eye-catching contrast and brightness while the DEH-3090UB provides front USB control and connection.

For music lovers on a budget, there is no better solution than Pioneer’s DEH-2090MP. It has a built-in front AUX input for connecting digital portable players and other external auxiliary devices. Allowing MP3 and WMA playback, the DEH-2090MP also has a Bitmetric Equaliser (BMX).

Model Pricing (MRP)
DEH-P6050UB 15,990
DEH-P5090UB 9,990
DEH-4090MP 8,990
DEH-3090UB 8,490
DEH-2090MP 6,490
Old 4th December 2007, 15:31   #2
BANNED

Newer range from Pioneer again?

Thanks for the details. It seems you follow Pios very closely. May we know why?
Old 4th December 2007, 15:40   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Extrapolating that list above, a 6950 would cost 17K or higher.
Old 4th December 2007, 15:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

SS, by any chance do you work with/for Autocop India?
Old 4th December 2007, 16:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Speedzak/Gunbir - I dont follow Pioneer closely. Nor do I work for Autocop India - very far from it actually. I just happen to be in a position where I see news about new product launches sooner than most people. This was news that I thought would interest people on teambhp, hence the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Newer range from Pioneer again?

Thanks for the details. It seems you follow Pios very closely. May we know why?
Also Im trying to get my post count up beyond 50 so that I can shed the newbie tag as soon as possible!

Last edited by aah78 : 4th December 2007 at 20:55. Reason: posts merged
Old 4th December 2007, 19:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Speedzak/Gunbir - I dont follow Pioneer closely. Nor do I work for Autocop India - very far from it actually. I just happen to be in a position where I see news about new product launches sooner than most people. This was news that I thought would interest people on teambhp, hence the post.
Quote:
Also Im trying to get my post count up beyond 50 so that I can shed the newbie tag as soon as possible!
Great. Welcome to Team BHP!

Post counts don't matter neither does your "tag". Constructive contribution to the community, quality of posts will be appreciated more here.

Enjoy!
Old 4th December 2007, 19:23   #7
BHPian

Yes this is true.
Last week when i asked about the 7950 model to a shop. The shop owner told me to wait as company is launching a completly new range from 2050 onwards and in 3050 i can get the front usb with detachable front pannel (no motorised). He also said that you will get it in 5-6k range in gray market.

And now StarScream also confirmed that. So waiting to get the new range for my Santro
Old 4th December 2007, 19:35   #8
BHPian

Starscream, when you find out more about these new HUs (including pics) please do post here!!

But as far as I can see, from what you wrote, there doesn't seem to be anything new.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:18   #9
BHPian

Pics and more info on 2008 pioneer models
If you can read Chinese
Pioneer - Sound.Vision.Soul - ²£«~°T®§

otherwise
Translated version of http://www.pioneer-twn.com.tw/p1-product_list.asp?bid=0002&sid=0004
Old 6th December 2007, 17:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Great. Welcome to Team BHP!

Post counts don't matter neither does your "tag". Constructive contribution to the community, quality of posts will be appreciated more here.

Enjoy!
Thanks Gunbir. The newbie tag doesn't bother me, its the wait for mod approval before posts get listed that bugs me. I understand the rule and its rationale that's why the hurry to cross 50 posts -
aakhir Distinguished BHPian bhi kabhi newbie tha!
Old 6th December 2007, 17:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Starscream, when you find out more about these new HUs (including pics) please do post here!!

But as far as I can see, from what you wrote, there doesn't seem to be anything new.
Vebmetal, I got this as an email and posted it here minus self-serving quotes of pioneer managers. Dont have any more info or pictures. sorry.
Old 6th December 2007, 19:22   #12
Team-BHP Support

Delhi 2 Detroit- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times news is here
Old 6th December 2007, 23:21   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
its the wait for mod approval before posts get listed that bugs me. I understand the rule and its rationale
sorry about that and thank you for understanding..
Old 7th December 2007, 00:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

StarScream, please post a link or only the informative part that is required. Posting the parts that try to 'advertise' or 'promote' the product can be left off - that is what makes us think twice about your intention.

Team-BHP is a non-commercial forum and hence that request. Welcome to the ICE section and have a great time!
Old 7th December 2007, 11:28   #15
BHPian

had mailed the autocop india about the same. got a reply stating that the new models will be released in india by this month end

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks