Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 01:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Thanks Vikram, would this upgrade be a good proposition? Do you think I will notice a good improvement from stock?
You will certainly hear an improvement. The stock HU does not put out a lot of power and that'll basically restrict your components from performing optimally, but you should most definitely hear a noticeable improvement. My choice would be Hertz.
Old 12th December 2007, 15:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That thing in BOLDs is a strict no no!

Just get the best possible components and forget the rest.
I would suggest to look for Illusion, Hertz Energy, Infinity reference/Kappa etc...
Stay away from Sony and Pioneer with this budget. My choice would be Hertz energy.
I misjudged that he was looking for a HU also. In that scenario Hertz Energy or Illusion audio would be good bets!

Elito
Old 12th December 2007, 16:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think, for a start I will upgrade the speakers alone, probably components at front and coaxials at rear. One more query, since I am retaining the original HU, I suppose it is better not to get speakers whose power handling is too high since the HU may not be able to drive them efficiently. So, if anyone knows what is the output of the original HU, please suggest the optimal power handling capacity of the speakers I need to consider.
Old 12th December 2007, 17:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think, for a start I will upgrade the speakers alone, probably components at front and coaxials at rear. One more query, since I am retaining the original HU, I suppose it is better not to get speakers whose power handling is too high since the HU may not be able to drive them efficiently. So, if anyone knows what is the output of the original HU, please suggest the optimal power handling capacity of the speakers I need to consider.
The average power rating of a 6" component is 60-100w. And headunits are 18-22w. Anyways, as long as you dont crank it up and you will be OK.
Old 12th December 2007, 18:10   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would say Nil since it can't be fitted in any other car.
If that's the case then i'll keep this HU for the time being & buy other Ice stuff .
Thanks .
Old 13th December 2007, 22:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all
I have a Honda Civic and was looking at options to do a cost-effective upgrade to the ICE. I have read many threads but they are all way above my budget. My budget is max 10K. Can the gurus suggest? Will changing the front speakers alone to a good set of components help? Also will it help if I upgrade the rear speakers to better co-axials/triaxials. If yes, can you give some suggestions and the right place in Bangalore for getting this done?

One request, I don't want to extend the budget from 10K to 1.5 Lakhs

Dinesh
not worth upgrading yr system at 10k. get all the doors damped. your music will sound better, and money will be well spent in case a future upgrade is reqd.
Old 16th January 2008, 12:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have been silent for a while toying with various options. I am planning the following this weekend.

1) Upgrade to front components JBL GTO607C
2) Add JBL GTO504 Amp
3) JBL 12" sub

2 channels of the amp will power the front components. The other 2 channels will be bridged to power the sub. The HU will continue to power the rear original speakers.

Planning to retain the original look and feel for the front doors and the rear parcel tray. Hoping that the low frequency from the sub will be heard inside without having to perforate the rear parcel shelf.

Budget in the region of 20K.

Appreciate your comments on this.
Old 16th January 2008, 13:45   #23

Hey Guys I came upon your discussion, and wanted to tell you guys that I have a close friend in Pune who has a JBL store and that we should be able to work out some good deals on your requirements! Please PM me and I will get back to you!
Old 16th January 2008, 13:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayospeed View Post
Hey Guys I came upon your discussion, and wanted to tell you guys that I have a close friend in Pune who has a JBL store and that we should be able to work out some good deals on your requirements! Please PM me and I will get back to you!
ALL TBhpians have a close furry friend who practically IS JBL . Get wise, little Hobbit and look up Sam, a different Lord to be sure, but still the ONE
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

No comments / suggestions from anyone, SIGH....
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:38   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No comments / suggestions from anyone, SIGH....
well it would help if you posted your system on "Sound off and show off"
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:56   #27

upgrading ur front speakers to comps will DRASTICALLY improve ur sound quality, if u happen to look at the stock speakers of the civic, u shall see that they have magnets the size of 50p coins and are one of the cheapest quality of stock speakers i have seen

one aspect u should look into before buying a set of comps is the size of the tweeter as u would wanna make sure that it fits into the stock size that the civic offers as that would retain the stock look of the car plus u dont have to make any kinda alterations in the door panelling (which since this is a company car should matter)
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:51   #28
BANNED

what does "component" means in this ICE ?
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
what does "component" means in this ICE ?
Separately mounted mid-bass, midrange (if a 3-way system) and tweeter fed from an appropriate cross-over box connected to HU/amplifier output. Each speaker is optimized to deal with a range of frequencies. This allows the effective response from the speaker system to be tailored to the listening tastes of the user.

In some 2-way systems the tweeter is mounted in the middle of the mid-bass, but can be removed and mounted elsewhere if desired.

Conversely, with multi-way non-component speakers (coaxials, 3/4/5 way ovals) one cannot separate the smaller elements from the main chassis and mount them separately. The effective response cannot be tailored in 99% of such speakers.

The difference in sound is similar to the food experience in a joint where only 1 cook does everything from dosa to fruit-salad, as compared to a joint where there are different chefs for different cuisines. (O-boy, my blood sugar must be really low now, I am dreaming of only food)
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The difference in sound is similar to the food experience in a joint where only 1 cook does everything from dosa to fruit-salad, as compared to a joint where there are different chefs for different cuisines. (O-boy, my blood sugar must be really low now, I am dreaming of only food)

like having Butter chicken without sitting inside my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks