Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2013, 15:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Cheap Double-DIN HU with USB, Bluetooth & GPS

Hi guys, I recently bought a used Civic A/T. As you all are aware, the stock unit is pretty mediocre.

I am looking for a double DIN touch screen replacement of the HU. The minimum functions I need are:

1) USB
2) Bluetooth for phone calls
3) GPS navigation
4) Reverse camera compatibility (not very important though)

Which is the best and cheapest option for me? Who will the GPS provider - Map My India or Garmin? What about map updates?

I understand that I will have to procure a fascia to get a double DIN unit installed. How much that cost me?
Old 29th September 2013, 01:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheap Double-DIN HU with USB, Bluetooth & GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi guys, I recently bought a used Civic A/T. As you all are aware, the stock unit is pretty mediocre.

I am looking for a double DIN touch screen replacement of the HU. The minimum functions I need are:

1) USB
2) Bluetooth for phone calls
3) GPS navigation
4) Reverse camera compatibility (not very important though)

Which is the best and cheapest option for me? Who will the GPS provider - Map My India or Garmin? What about map updates?

I understand that I will have to procure a fascia to get a double DIN unit installed. How much that cost me?
Congrats on your civic. I have recently upgraded ICE in my Civic. The head unit being Pioneer AVH-X8590BT double-din DVD (Rs 28K). Except for dedicated GPS, it has everything. This HU is optimized for iPhone and you can in fact directly control all the apps of your iPhone from the HU itself. Which means, your GPS requirement is also already there (eg. Gmaps).

The fascia panel costs around 3.5K. If you do decide to change the HU, make sure you also change the stock speakers with preferably connected to a 4 channels amplifier.
Old 17th February 2014, 20:05   #63
BHPian

Caska or Pioneer for Civic

Hello All,

I went to Privilege Motomall (@chennai) and inquired about the pioneer X8590BT. The shop suggested installing a Caska head unit instead. The price mentioned was 35k - this included the unit, the reverse camera and installation. In addition, I am supposed to the give them the stock ICE unit.

1. Assuming I go in for the Caska, is this a good deal?
2. Does Caska have issues? I saw some threads where this was mentioned.

Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 22:16   #64
BHPian

I haven had any experience with caska
But i do have a double din pioneer model in my civic,with a dash kit,i dont remember the model number,but it doesn have bluetooth
But without any comparison,i would highly recommend it without a second thought,itll probably cost you alot less than 35k and totally worth it!
I was able to add a reverse camera for 1.5k extra
Add an amp, component speakers and a woofer and if you self drive most of the time,
1) you wont need speakers at the back
2) you wont go above volume 10 for very long
Go for it without a doubt!
Cheers
Old 17th February 2014, 23:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Re: Caska or Pioneer for Civic

There have been issues with the quality of Caska units. Also the operating system it uses is extremely dated, slow and only gets worse with age and use. Go for a Pioneer/Blaupunkt/Alpine HU unless you lust after that OEM look
Old 18th February 2014, 06:44   #66
BHPian

Re: Caska or Pioneer for Civic

Thanks for the input, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
But i do have a double din pioneer model in my civic,with a dash kit
Could you show pics of your set-up so that I can see how the unit looks on the civic dashboard?

Thanks.
Old 25th September 2021, 20:09   #67
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic - ICE upgrade advice

Hi everyone
So I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I needed some updated advice on head units that are best for 2008 civic. Basic requirements are android auto, reverse camera support and a good screen resolution. Budget is around 20k.

Thanks in advance!
Old 7th October 2021, 10:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic - ICE upgrade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
Hi everyone
So I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I needed some updated advice on head units that are best for 2008 civic. Basic requirements are android auto, reverse camera support and a good screen resolution. Budget is around 20k.

Thanks in advance!
I think the blaupunkt New York 750 would be an ideal choice. Has wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. I have it in both my Fortuner 2010 and Civic 2009 and I love them.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks