Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 01:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot MontyGuru. I think i should go for a pre-amped box rather then changing the speakers as the advise you have given is truly worth a million. There is no use spending 15k just for 20% better performance.
Old 14th December 2007, 01:17   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Mf, i agree with youy Illusions are that bloody good. But i am on a budget and i am getting quite a few good deals from other brands. Anyways the DLS speakers i am talking about is not entry level. They retail for around Rs. 8000
I am getting DLS for 5800 from another dealer, sounds really good.
The cost doesn't determine the quality of the speaker. The DLS I heard (if we are on the same lines) were outright pathetic. I'd say stay away from them. Have you heard them or are you making a quality judgement based on the price it sells for.

Quote:
What is MA?
Don't get there you'll end up buying it .

I'd say Illusion deal is the best you can get my friend. You are lucky!
Old 14th December 2007, 01:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alot MontyGuru. I think i should go for a pre-amped box rather then changing the speakers as the advise you have given is truly worth a million. There is no use spending 15k just for 20% better performance.
i'd put it this way.

one alpine HU with CD-MP3 that displays ID3 tags vs any equivalent HU

2 pairs of alpine co-axs that sound pretty good vs any equivalent co-axs

1 pair of tweeters ... well, no great shakes about it vs ordinary 400 rupee tweets

if this setup were commercially available and you were to buy it... it would cost you not less than 12k. 14-15k is more like it. so what do u gain changing OE? i understand there are cars which have pathetic OEs, but the innova V and honda civic, accord are far from it. scorpios are more likely to be.

i know it looks boring, ain't flashy, ain't giving u the settings ppl like to toy with... but in comparison to a new HU with 2 pairs of entry level comps for 15k.... u ain't gained anything much unless u plan an upgrade in totality.

therefore damping... and therefore a base unit... later on u when u go for the amp, change the HU and get comps for the front, your damping and base unit stays as is, and at least because of the amp, its worthwhile going for comps and getting a HU!!
Old 14th December 2007, 08:04   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
i'd put it this way.
one alpine HU with CD-MP3 that displays ID3 tags vs any equivalent HU
2 pairs of alpine co-axs that sound pretty good vs any equivalent co-axs
1 pair of tweeters ... well, no great shakes about it vs ordinary 400 rupee tweets
With no offence intended that is one of the worst recommendation I have ever seen on team-bhp. Who recommends a pair tweeters up front when you have them on co-axials as well.

Alpines (s-type at least) are not at all sensitive and driving them off the head unit would make it sound no good.

Quote:
i know it looks boring, ain't flashy, ain't giving u the settings ppl like to toy with... but in comparison to a new HU with 2 pairs of entry level comps for 15k.... u ain't gained anything much unless u plan an upgrade in totality.
:confused

Quote:
therefore damping... and therefore a base unit... later on u when u go for the amp, change the HU and get comps for the front, your damping and base unit stays as is, and at least because of the amp, its worthwhile going for comps and getting a HU!!
Usually people buy an amp because they have component speakers. You recommending components only after buying an amp.

Gosh one of the most confusing posts I have seen in a while. Montyguru do you represent audio commercially in India.
Old 14th December 2007, 09:52   #65
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found a good HU, in two din with USB. How much do you think this is gonna cost?

Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 2DIN Receivers | DPX-MP5100U
hey busa...i'm no audio guru, but some common sense coming into play here. the kenwood HU you've mentioned above seems to be feature to feature same as my kenwood 4036 HU single din. i just installed this, and i can tell you its brilliant VFM. it cost me 7k with B&W.

for the 2-din, you will be spending the extra bucks only for the look. i'm guessing at least 3-4k, if not more. i'd suggest spending on components in front rather than the HU. my 2 paise. hope it helps...and congrats on your new car

Last edited by NIP : 14th December 2007 at 10:08.
Old 14th December 2007, 10:02   #66
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I will be getting some soon, just the bare minimum to damp front doors. Maybe you can club your order with mine?
sure thing souljah...but i need to know where i can get some. can someone help here !? looking for Noise Kill in Bangalore...
Old 14th December 2007, 11:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
With no offence intended that is one of the worst recommendation I have ever seen on team-bhp. Who recommends a pair tweeters up front when you have them on co-axials as well.

Alpines (s-type at least) are not at all sensitive and driving them off the head unit would make it sound no good.

:confused

Usually people buy an amp because they have component speakers. You recommending components only after buying an amp.

Gosh one of the most confusing posts I have seen in a while. Montyguru do you represent audio commercially in India.
well, may be i didn't communicate clearly. all i meant to say was the innova V comes with a good OE (alpine) and there's no reason a person should invest 15k to simply change the HU and get comps, unless he plans a full upgrade. the co-ax n tweets that you are calling 'worst recommendation' is a debate in itself. but for now you can contend with the fact that the above is an original factory fit, that's how the innova V comes. imho, that 15k is better spent in damping and adding a pre-amped base box/tube etc.

it's immature to say that ppl buy an amp bcoz they have component speakers. yes, one can understand a step by step upgrade, but that's a different case.

do i represent audio commercially? well, it's too early to answer at this point in time. insha-allah, for car audio, i may, yes. time will tell. in the non-commercial interest of this site, i would refrain those who know to not disclose things. as and when the time comes, you'll get to know from your own sources... cheers!!

:-)
Old 14th December 2007, 11:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot NIP, i think it worth spending 2-4k on the HU for those killer looks of the two din HU. 10k is not a bad price for a HU that looks like that and has USB and B&W.

I have heard the DLS, they sound better then JBL GTO's, need to hear the Illusions.

And MF, i am gifting you speakers from this brand and taking your Illusions

How is ground zero Titanium Series comapred to the illusions?

How is 4050UB HU?

Last edited by BUSA : 14th December 2007 at 12:07.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:07   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And MF, i am gifting you speakers from this brand and taking your Illusions
MA Audio This is the MA audio I talk about

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th December 2007 at 12:11.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Yikes, the site is too noisy man.

Anyways you people are not responding

Ground Zero, how are they compared to the illusions. I plan to listen but just want a rough idea.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, may be i didn't communicate clearly. all i meant to say was the innova V comes with a good OE (alpine) .
.the co-ax n tweets that you are calling 'worst recommendation' is a debate in itself. but for now you can contend with the fact that the above is an original factory fit, that's how the innova V comes.
Which car are you talking about here? The Innova V comes with Alpine head unit and coaxial speakers in the door? Exclusive for Delhi, or even in Mumbai?
Old 14th December 2007, 14:21   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Which car are you talking about here? The Innova V comes with Alpine head unit and coaxial speakers in the door? Exclusive for Delhi, or even in Mumbai?
sorry to answer a qn with a qn, for all i may be mistaken. but could you kindly throw light on who makes the HUs and speakers that come factory fit with toyota in india?
Old 14th December 2007, 14:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry to answer a qn with a qn, for all i may be mistaken. but could you kindly throw light on who makes the HUs and speakers that come factory fit with toyota in india?
With Toyota in India? Its different for different vehicles like Corolla, Camry, Innova etc. Let's stick to the Innova because that's what this thread is about.

Only the Innova V type is supplied with a head unit. None of the others. In Bombay, this is a Panasonic 2-din mp3 cassette receiver without remote control. Speakers are the regular trash. I wouldn't bother asking "who" made them.
Old 14th December 2007, 14:45   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I wouldn't bother asking "who" made them.
I agree, We should ask WHY they bother to make them.
Old 14th December 2007, 16:56   #75
BANNED

It's getting way too confused now! It was a bit earlier but now, it's heels over head!

What OE Alpine does Innova V comes with? I haven't seen it in any of our Innovas nor any I know.
And Innova V comes with dual din MP3 cd player. Cassette player comes in G3, G4 versions.

Monty, please do us all a favour by making your posts less confusing. I, sometimes don't understand what is the message you're forwarding. The 400 tweets post was completely flying over the head. And if you're associated with any audio brand, don't worry to expose it. Many others here also represent different brands. We love (not the other type of love) and respect them.

Most Viewed