Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 13:56   #16
BHPian

Browse the ICE section thoroughly and ask Bangy members about good installers. Im sure you'll get much better equipment for you budget.
Old 18th December 2008, 21:52   #17
BHPian

all the costs are ok considering they are with bill and warranty
however at this budget i suggest you look to the gry market.it will fetch more bang for the buck.

please dont get that stupid plank put for the rear speakers.take my word for it.You'll regret it later.(i have an i10 and i made the same mistake.spent more money.rectified it in a month!
it severely affects your dicky space.you will never be able to load tall luggage and youll get a backache bending each time you gotta load unload stuff from the boot!

for 15-20k
get
JBL GTO 608c components speakers for the front
JBL 652 round speakers for the rear doors
(in grey both these togehter will cost you 6500 approx give or take a few hunderd)
look at the pioneer 5050 ( has usb and aux in but no bluetooth)- costs about 6500 too in grey

wiring and install 400-500rs ant you have your system within 15k (that too with component speakers not the regular co-ax ones as your dealer is suggesting)

if youre willing to spend 22-24k you can get a JBL sealed sub GT5 series and a 4 channel amp (then skip the speakers in the rear door)
Old 19th December 2008, 10:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
please dont get that stupid plank put for the rear speakers.take my word for it.You'll regret it later.(i have an i10 and i made the same mistake.spent more money.rectified it in a month!
it severely affects your dicky space.you will never be able to load tall luggage and youll get a backache bending each time you gotta load unload stuff from the boot!
Are you referring to the MDF board?
Old 20th December 2008, 18:46   #19

Quote:
however at this budget i suggest you look to the gry market.it will fetch more bang for the buck.

for 15-20k
get
JBL GTO 608c components speakers for the front
JBL 652 round speakers for the rear doors
(in grey both these togehter will cost you 6500 approx give or take a few hunderd)
look at the pioneer 5050 ( has usb and aux in but no bluetooth)- costs about 6500 too in grey

wiring and install 400-500rs ant you have your system within 15k (that too with component speakers not the regular co-ax ones as your dealer is suggesting)

if youre willing to spend 22-24k you can get a JBL sealed sub GT5 series and a 4 channel amp (then skip the speakers in the rear door)

Thanks for the heads on for the Plank Magma.. I was also not too sure of it...

BTW .. I went to another auto audio dealer today.

These guys were professional and suggested me the following config which I liked ( they had a demo car too)

Pioneer 6050 - Rs 9000/-
Front Componont ( Mutant MT 505 ) - 9000/-
Under seat woofer with built in amp -- Sansui BD - W8160A-- 8500/g-
Rear co-axs -- JBL -- 1900/-

Shoots my budget to ~ 28K , but the SQ is real good.

I dont think I will go for this but this was a good config.
And I havent seen much postings on Mutant Component. People seems satisfied with JBL Components.
I am also not sure abt the sansui woofer price. Could it be less then this somewhere??
Old 20th December 2008, 19:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Are you referring to the MDF board?
yes i call it silly board now!
(this board should be considered only when you dont have stock speaker locations on the rear doors INMO)
Old 21st December 2008, 22:54   #21
BHPian

Please PM blueraven. His shop is in Cambridge Layout. He should be able to help you out.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
yes i call it silly board now!
(this board should be considered only when you dont have stock speaker locations on the rear doors INMO)
oh ok! Well I dont have a stock speaker location on the rear door of my car so the "silly board" will have to do in! hehehe

Luckily I dont travel a lot for long trips so luggage issues would be minimum!

Any other issues with it?
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:48   #23
tez
BHPian

Quote:

well magna, if you need bass and do not have budget for sub and amp, then the 6x9 in the rear parcel tray would be closest you can go for bass. I have not heard good bass from rear co-axials fitted in doors. This is however my view.
Old 28th December 2008, 00:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
well magna, if you need bass and do not have budget for sub and amp, then the 6x9 in the rear parcel tray would be closest you can go for bass. I have not heard good bass from rear co-axials fitted in doors. This is however my view.

view is absolutely correct if you are on a fixed budget (15k and no amps)
once you are willing to spend 20k then i would advice a sub with a removable box anyday
Old 28th December 2008, 00:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
oh ok! Well I dont have a stock speaker location on the rear door of my car so the "silly board" will have to do in! hehehe

Luckily I dont travel a lot for long trips so luggage issues would be minimum!

Any other issues with it?
nope no other issues at all
Old 12th January 2009, 15:30   #26

Got the car and the ICE done

Guys,

Thanks for all the advice ..
I finally got my i10 automatic and the ICE done too. cheers:
I finally decided on the below ( everything w/o B/w) -

Pioneer 6050 - Rs 8500/-
JBL Front Component 608c - Rs 4600
JBL Rear speaker ( fitted on the rear door) gt5652 -Rs 2000/-

The total came to abt Rs 15500/-

I decided against the Rear Oval speakers as i would have had to go for the rear plank and I didn't want to mess things up at the rear.
Now when everything got installed I was preety satisfied with the Sound Quality. I definitely don't feel the need for an amp or a subwoofer currently, but can consider it later on for an upgrade ( if i have the money and nothing else to do with it).

It was really good that I went for the front component spkrs, they sound great.
The HU is good , the 7 band equaliser gives you the flexibility to tune the acostics to your choice.
Old 9th August 2012, 15:50   #27
BHPian

Re: ICE FOR MY i10

Hello gurus,

I am interested to overhaul the stock ICE. I visited Motorsounds a few months back, they have a shop close to home here. However, I have a question about the HU.

The i10 1.2 SPORTZ came with a neatly flush-fitting front panel that I would like to retain when fitting in a new HU. Usually, I imagine when the HU changes, the entire panel is removed and the new HU is fitted in the cavity. This new HU does not match the contours of the entire dashboard and it sticks out wierdly. I want to retain the smooth curves and seek an HU accordingly.

Motorsounds said they now get car specific HU panels so the interiors won't look disfigured. Has anyone seen such a thing?

I have a budget of about 30k, any recommendations? I am keen to replace all 4 speakers, and want a small sub and a new HU with remote.

Lastly, does this mess up the warranty? Although the car is more than 2 years old now, I have an extended warranty so its on for a year and a half more.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by ankur_fox : 9th August 2012 at 16:17. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Most Viewed