Team-BHP - I.C.E Upgrade
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   I.C.E Upgrade (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/32598-i-c-e-upgrade.html)

I am looking to get an i.c.e. upgrade for my lancer. Will be getting a new HU, Amp and Sub

For HU I am looking to get one with USB. Is SD input nice to have? Bluetooth?

I have rounded the following brands.

Blaupunkt Kingston Mp47(USB) - 11900 b/w
Blaupunkt St Louis Mp57 (USB,SD)- 16000 b/w
JVC KD-BT1 (BT, USB) - ????
JVC SH-1000 (SD, USB)- 11,100 grey
Pioneer 7950ub (USB)- 9800 grey
DelphiGrundig X330SD (USB, SD)- 9900 b/w
DelphiGrundig X350BT (USB, BT) - 15000 b/w
Panasonic 5355 (USB) - 12990 b/w
Sont GT860U (USB)- 11-12 b/w

I can spend around 15K on the HU. Which unit would be the best bet for sound Quality for the buck? I wouldnt want to spend 100 more if its not much of an improvement.

Update:

7950UB- 8900 grey
JVC Sh-1000- 10,600 grey
Sony GAT860U - 7500 grey

JVC SH1000 and X330sd look good to me.

awaiting reply from other members..im facing the same dilemma,need to change my H.U as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 657554)

For HU I am looking to get one with USB.

Pioneer 7950ub (USB)- 9800 grey

you can check out Pioneer 2008 models also ie 6050, 5050 which has direct USB

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 657929)
awaiting reply from other members..im facing the same dilemma,need to change my H.U as well.

Helli, you're getting an Alpine 9881 (Rs 12790) for yourself. Ask Rana whats the best deal he can give you and just get it. Bas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 657938)
Helli, you're getting an Alpine 9881 (Rs 12790) for yourself. Ask Rana whats the best deal he can give you and just get it. Bas.

I have that HU... I like it a lot. Doesn't have USB though... just Ipod.

@Devarshi, I've listened to the Blaus and the Pio 7950 and they sound quite fine. I tend towards Alpine myself, but then since you need USB, I guess the 9881 is out. I don't think the 9881 is compatible with Alpine's USB adapter for MP3 playback.

I've used a Blau HU for quite a while and though it did sound good to me, it was quite overpriced (with B&W) for the sound and features. I'm sure it is still the same now.

I guess there are a few Kenwood models also with USB connectivity.

Since you mentioned USB, I guess you don't use an iPod. if you do, my vote goes 100% to the Alpine 9881. The speed and usability of Alpines' current iPod cable and HU controls is exceptional. And the HUs sound really good too.

I dont have an ipod but I have a creative music player. plus my phone supports music via USB Cable. I checked out some JVC models and like the enhanced settings. I love to tinker around a lot with audio settings.

ok I have 2 2gb sd cards lying at home. Plus I dont like things sticking out of my HU such as USB cable or pen drives.

SO I have narrowed my choice to

Delphigrundig X330SD
JVC KD-SH1000
Blaupunkt St. Louis Mp56

Which?

I also need to decide on amp and sub and also planning front jbl/bLAU/JVC comps provided they set in budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 658514)
Blaupunkt St. Louis Mp56.

if you value A.S.S this would be my choice, if you value VFM i'd take the JVC.

Between those 3, I'd vote for the Blau too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 658549)
if you value A.S.S this would be my choice, if you value VFM i'd take the JVC.

What about SQ?

any kenwood pioneer or other brand with sd and USB connections?

I would choose that JVC unit over the others...

@Gunbir : Thanks. Word taken. But just for knowledge, how come JVC scores over Blaupunkt? I read the stats and from what I understand it has better specs. Is it because Blau is least VFM? Blau is b/w around 16k while jvc grey is 10600.

Would just like to know to get educated on details.

As HU is almost finalised, I will post details and prices on AMP and sub tommorow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 659016)
@Gunbir : Thanks. Word taken. But just for knowledge, how come JVC scores over Blaupunkt? I read the stats and from what I understand it has better specs.

It is a much better spec'ed unit. Except two things: It can do a max 512 MB SD Card and 4GB max on the USB. So please make an informed decision.