Team-BHP - VFM Monoblocs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   VFM Monoblocs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/32696-vfm-monoblocs-2.html)

dude, a good VFM option is kenwood 9103d, as "akg7091" mentioned, i had bought thhe same amp from driven for rs 12000. i am running an image dynamics 12" dvc sub and it is also 1 ohm stable and has a power of 900w rms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 661776)
Can U educate me on why a SVC doesn't need a mono while a DVC shouldn't run from a bridged 2 channel?

Against mono:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post633478

For mono (and for rich people :) ):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post633731

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 661776)
Can U educate me on why a SVC doesn't need a mono while a DVC shouldn't run from a bridged 2 channel?

I understand the statement that SVC doesnt need a mono to run. But I cannot understand why a DVC shouldn't run from a bridged 2 channel. The latter sounds like an absolute no-no. Why? I read the posts in B&T's reply, but that doesnt really give a clear answer.

Did that statement really meant -- a mono will do better justice to a DVC or that the bridged channel of a normal amp isnt powerful enough, or something else? I am very confused coz, I am planning to run an IDQ D2V2 from the 190w bridged channel of an SRx4. I tried the same channel on an SVC and it worked like a charm. So the above statement is worrysome. Any expert help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by determinus (Post 663385)
I understand the statement that SVC doesnt need a mono to run. But I cannot understand why a DVC shouldn't run from a bridged 2 channel. The latter sounds like an absolute no-no. Why? I read the posts in B&T's reply, but that doesnt really give a clear answer.

Did that statement really meant -- a mono will do better justice to a DVC or that the bridged channel of a normal amp isnt powerful enough, or something else? I am very confused coz, I am planning to run an IDQ D2V2 from the 190w bridged channel of an SRx4. I tried the same channel on an SVC and it worked like a charm. So the above statement is worrysome. Any expert help?

The simple reason a SVC (4Ohm) is not suitable with a Monoblock amp, as most mono amps give peak power at 2 Ohms, and a single 4 Ohm subwoofer cannot churn the max potential of that mono amp hence not giving it's full performance.

The answer to your DVC question is, that most DVC subs are Dual 4 Ohms, and there is no way to make a perfect match with a 2/4 Channel amp which on bridged mono mode runs at 4 Ohms and the DVC sub wired in series results in 8 Ohms and wired in parallel results in 2 Ohms.
A DVC sub wired in parallel will heat the amp bridged at 4 Ohms, and in most cases amp will go into heat protect mode.

Am not very sure but the IDQ D2V2 looks like a Dual 2 Ohms sub to me, so that is no problem to run off a 4 channel, as the sub coils can be wired in series and that will result to 4 Ohms which is the exact match with the bridged 4 Ohms channel.

Hope this helps.

well i am too in need of a mono block for my pioneer (dvc i guess), its a 900watt champion series woofer, which mono block is recommended at the least possible price, its currently running on my sony 500watt 555model 4-channel amp,completely red in color with the X-shaping, along with the front blaupunkt components connected to the same amp,

for the rear pioneer 420watt coaxials i have conneted the 350watt sony 2-channel amp seperately! i recently purchased the 350watts 2-channel its the latest model! the black and the silver color!

which mono is suggest that costs the least?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 663454)
The simple reason a SVC (4Ohm) is not suitable with a Monoblock amp, as most mono amps give peak power at 2 Ohms, and a single 4 Ohm subwoofer cannot churn the max potential of that mono amp hence not giving it's full performance.

The answer to your DVC question is, that most DVC subs are Dual 4 Ohms, and there is no way to make a perfect match with a 2/4 Channel amp which on bridged mono mode runs at 4 Ohms and the DVC sub wired in series results in 8 Ohms and wired in parallel results in 2 Ohms.
A DVC sub wired in parallel will heat the amp bridged at 4 Ohms, and in most cases amp will go into heat protect mode.

Am not very sure but the IDQ D2V2 looks like a Dual 2 Ohms sub to me, so that is no problem to run off a 4 channel, as the sub coils can be wired in series and that will result to 4 Ohms which is the exact match with the bridged 4 Ohms channel.

Hope this helps.

So, if the impedances match there is no issue. Is that right? When I read B&T's and others statements it felt like something else. If only B&T can clear the air on why he said so, it would be perfect.

Yes, the D2V2 is a dual 2 ohm which in series is 4 ohms and works for the bridged channels. If I get a mono, I understand that may not be able the extract the complete juice out of it using the D2V2 sub. May I can get one more of those subs and wire them in parallel (voice coil still in series) to make 2 ohms!

@rider60: Try the Pioneer D510 mono. About 8-9k and 500w RMS, great VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by determinus (Post 663385)

I'm sorry to cause the confusion.

By DVC, I meant commonly available entry level dual 4 ohms subs. These are the most common.

By SVC, I mean single 4 ohm subs. Again, the most common SVCs.

As you have mentioned correctly, it all boils down to the final impedance presented to the amp.

So lets just say that 2-ch amps in bridged mode (ones that cannot run 2 ohms in bridged mode) are good for subs that pose a 4 ohm load, and monos (designed for max output at 2 ohms) are good for subs at 2 ohms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 664258)
As you have mentioned correctly, it all boils down to the final impedance presented to the amp..

and the amp's ability to manage low impedances with aplomb.

So what would actually be a good VFM mono and sub combo ??
[VFM - entry level mono and 4-5k sub]

Entry level mono would be a JBL CS300.1 as everyone here is recommending.
It puts out around 300W RMS at 2 ohm impedance.
So, a DVC sub that can take 300W rms and the coils are wired in parallel would be best.
I think in JBL, U have the GTO 1204D.
Even Id be interested in a similar combo.

apart from jbl do we have any other VFM options available like the one mentioned by akg from kenwood , or any other

@Nitrous, your subwoofer is GT4-12 right?

Is it a SVC woofer or a DVC?

GT4-12 is a 4 ohm SVC.
I think I will replace it when upgrading.

will the pioneer7300 mono block costing around 7500 at my place be good for my DVC 900W champion series subwoofer? or should i buy the jbl's cs301.1 as the cs300.1 is unavaliable as of now?

need urgent help on deceding please people reply asap, as i wont be having time for another 3months to get any one of the monos fixed, after the christmas!

I just googled,rider.
Your Pioneer 12" champion series is a 300W RMS. A pioneer 7300M or the JBL 300.1 is enough.