Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 23:56   #1
BHPian

Speaker comparison

I have an Alto LXi 2007 model. I have already bought the Pioneer 7950UB HU.

I have to choose between these as my Rear Speakers (6"x9") Option.
Pioneer D691S
Pioneer E6996
Pioneer A6992S
JBL GTO 937
Soundstream XT-693s
Soundstream Tarantula SST6.9

I have to choose between these as my Front Speakers (4") Option.
Pioneer E1076
JBL GTO 427
Soundstream XT-142S
Soundstream Tarantula SST4.0

Any help or advice? i listen to almost all kinds of music, from Heavy metal to pop, from soft music to hindi remix songs. Just about anything.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:40   #2
BHPian

I can afford to spend about 6000 on the rear and front speakers together. will get an amp and a woofer later. For now just the rear and front should do. I have been advised to stay away from 4" components as they would not be of much use.
Old 21st December 2007, 13:42   #3
RAC
BHPian

Hi. Guess you should start by providing your budget.
You can also look at Illusion as a good option.

More by the ICE guru's.
Old 21st December 2007, 14:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well I Would suggest to put either the 4 inch comps or get 6.5 inch ones in the Door & do the rear speakers at a later stage that too if you feel the need.

If not then audition all the speakers that you have posted in your post & go for the one you like the most :-)
Old 21st December 2007, 14:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd08 View Post
I can afford to spend about 6000 on the rear and front speakers together. will get an amp and a woofer later. For now just the rear and front should do. I have been advised to stay away from 4" components as they would not be of much use.

4" Components can do wonders - believe me as I got them installed in a friend's MR2. We had Hertz 4" components in the stock location in the dash with a custom enclosed 8" Sub - with a 4 channel Blau amplifier, the setup had unbelieveable sound !!!!! Don't discount the "little wonder"

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st December 2007 at 14:47.
Old 21st December 2007, 14:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Well I Would suggest to put either the 4 inch comps or get 6.5 inch ones in the Door & do the rear speakers at a later stage that too if you feel the need.
I would suggest the same as above.

Since you are in Mumbai, you will easily get 4" Illusion Comps. A lot of folks here have installed these, and they are quite happy with them.

If you want to stay away from comps and stick to the choices you have mentioned above, I'd go by the JBls you have mentioned. But you will not be able to get both the fronts for 6K, unless you are getting them in the grey.

But do listen to all the speakers and decide what you like best. I guess you must have got the list from the installer right? He should be able to let you listen to these speakers.
Old 21st December 2007, 15:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
...We had Hertz 4" components in the stock location in the dash with a custom enclosed 8" Sub - with a 4 channel Blau amplifier, the setup had unbelieveable sound !!!!! Don't discount the "little wonder"
Hertz has 4" comps? Didn't know that.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:11   #8
BHPian

Well I got the list from checking out various places. If the components are that good, i think i would go for them, but i don't want to cut anything on the alto. so i would go for the 4" components only in the stock position only. Any idea how much the 4" Illusion Comps and the Hertz 4" components come for. Looking for grey market prices here. And yea where should I put the Tweeters and the Crossovers on the Alto? As for rear i am more inclined towards JBL and Pioneer. Which would be a better choice for rears (looking for a model number). Plan to add a 4 ch amp later on and maybe a sub woofer. So i want some good speakers which would go well with the future upgrades.
Old 21st December 2007, 18:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Hertz has 4" comps? Didn't know that.

I think it was 4" or maybe it was 4.5" don't really recall.

Cheers

Most Viewed