Team-BHP - whats better ?? a pioneer 4950 or a 3050 ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   whats better ?? a pioneer 4950 or a 3050 ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33432-whats-better-pioneer-4950-3050-a.html)

Hi guys,:)

Went to fix HU and speakers for my new palio, and came across two head units, a 3050 for 4500 and a 4950 for 4800.

please guide me, as to which is a better buy >> in terms of music and functions only, i don't really care about the display or the looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta9 (Post 667163)
please guide me, as to which is a better buy >> in terms of music and functions only, i don't really care about the display or the looks.

usually the more you pay the more features you get.

What are the Feature differences ? But Yes paying 300 extra for a upper model seems justified

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta9 (Post 667163)
Hi guys,:)

Went to fix HU and speakers for my new palio, and came across two head units, a 3050 for 4500 and a 4950 for 4800.

do you mean 3950 or 3050
if you mean the difference between 3950 and 4950 then the diff is that the lower model has 2 RCA pre outs and the 4950 has 3 RCA preouts.

This should be in the Product discussion section na!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magma (Post 667861)
do you mean 3950 or 3050

I think he meant 4950 (Current gen 2007) and 3050 (New series 2008).

The new 3050 has a front loading USB, I dont think 4950 offers the option even.

Looks wise the old series was better (x950). Im not really convinced spendign 2.5k extra(5050 vs 7950) for the looks + EQ.

The new line seems real VFM. My biggest criteria is USB + 3outs. The 5050 offers all of this with 4 volts preouts but has a 3 band EQ instead of the 7 band that comes with the 7950.

What say?

yeh souljah
you are correct about the 3050

Hey souljah
Have you found the link about the new pioneer range?
the pioneer.sg site still shows the older range

Do you know the price of the 5050 ?

@Delta9 - spend a couple of Ks extra, and get the HU with a USB. Couple of months later, you may be happy with loading all your music into a USB stick (if your are not too keen on spending $$$ on an iPoD) or the iPoD itself and connect it into the USB port of the HU.

i just did that :)

got a 5050 (DEH-P5050UB) with an external usb (wire attached from behind the HU) and a aux wire, i can now connect a pen drive through USB and an ipod through aux.

feature wise i have no idea about the 5050, just that it has USB and aux. thats it. got it for 6600 in grey.

I hope i got a decent price. had chosen the 3050, the shop keeper "galti se" instead installed the 5050, (i wanted the USB but was having second thoughts, but then it was fixed so i just paid and left, had no energy to bargain, had a long day (fixing fixed seat covers and stearing cover etc.)

can someone please refer a link for this model (manual etc), i searched a lot on the net, not able to get it.

on a personal experience, i did not like the joystick like rotary knob for volume etc, it does not have buttons for radios ( 1-6 ) like 4950, the interface is clean and smart, just that the joystick feels a bit delicate. the remote is black in colour (liked it over the silver one, though its no decision changer), the panel is motorized. i felt that its a little complicated, though i'll get a hang of it after couple of days.

thanks

got some links thanks

08' NEW PIONEER DEH-P5050UB CD/MP3/USB TUNER BRAND NEW* (aukcja 360000994487) - Ogłoszenia i aukcje eBay.pl

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-132701635.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magma (Post 668153)
you are correct about the 3050. Have you found the link about the new pioneer range?

Actually the New range is already being discussed here in our forum so read through it and why not continue the discussion there?

The best I can do is link you to - Pioneer Taiwan

You then need to use a translator to view the details of the HU (unless you can read Mandarin :p )

So what you then need to do is goto AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation and enter the URL of the site. Choose "Chinese Traditional ---> English" and voila you have your english info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magma
Do you know the price of the 5050 ?

Expect to pay Rs.6500 to Rs 6700 for this in the grey market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 668220)
@Delta9 - spend a couple of Ks extra, and get the HU with a USB.

Actually in this case if he spends Rs300 LESS he will get USB

Mods, please merge this thread with the 2008 Pioneer thread :)