Team-BHP - swift deck and speaker details
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   swift deck and speaker details (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33495-swift-deck-speaker-details.html)

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a swift VXi. I am currently in USA. Just searched here and saw that car audio system here are quite cheap as compared to the indian prices. I am not sure what all technical details i should look for before
buying an audio deck and speaker for swift VXi.

It will be of great help if someone can share this details. Also suggest me some nice audio system which cost around 12K indian money with speaker.

Regards
- Amit

Quote:

Originally Posted by agupta001 (Post 668547)
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a swift VXi. I am currently in USA. Just searched here and saw that car audio system here are quite cheap as compared to the indian prices. I am not sure what all technical details i should look for before
buying an audio deck and speaker for swift VXi.

- Amit

Even i was looking for a Headunit from US, but my friend who was to bring it got his return plans delayed!

Anyways, you can look at Crutchfield.com for some cool car gear...I shortlisted following HUs after going thru lots of posts and guru's opinions:

1. Alpine 9883 if you can live without USb...right now tht site has a good deal on this HU...some 170$ i suppose...real kewl!
2. Alpine 9886 if USB is what you want
3. Blaupunkt MP57 - has both BT and USB...for 300$ its a good steal i think

Alpine is generally quoted as outputting best sound of all (best is generic word...depends on listener but still...lots of folks here vouch for it)

see couponcabin.com for some discount coupons for this site as well...will save u another 20-25 bucks...from what i remember when i checked for myself

Hi

I just checked with some of the seller her. I am confused as few people told me that radio channel here works only in odd like 93.5 and then 93.7 and so on. By this i will miss the even channel as in india they work by the difference of 0.1. Pls suggest me if it unlockable or any other solution for this.

Regards
Amit

Hi agupta001 search the forum enough threads regarding swift installs,only H.U's having European tuning will work over here i had mailed Crutchfield regarding this

Some - like Alpine - provide a US & European (valid in India) setting, some don't. The best way to know is to cross-check with the User Manual. That way Crutchfield etc. are of limited help - they expect you to know what you are buying. If you walk into Best Buy etc., at least you can ask the store person for the User Manual to cross check with.

There are of course some other issues (if YOU think they are significant, that is):
* Sets bought outside India generally do not carry International Warranty, so repairs will be out of your pocket at company rates
* Even though the SQ of a set may be better, it is offset by the likelihood of the problems that might occur (even if rarely; same perception as with Insurance) if you don't have after-sales Service not being available in India. For example, Clarion may sound better - but they have hopeless *** in India, so even if you want to pay for the repairs, you will not be able to get it repaired for love or money
* You may get the same set at a comparable 'without B&W' price in India
* If by chance you encounter a cantankerous uncooperative Customs person on arrival, the duty will be more than the apparent assumed savings

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 679533)
* You may get the same set at a comparable 'without B&W' price in India

Do u think we can get Alpine models without B&W at US prices in India?? I tried in Delhi, but to no avail...trustable dealers only have B&W Alpines which are almost double of what they cost in US. If you know any specific shop in Delhi which carrys grey Alpines (non-fake, but without B&W) , post the info here...