Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 18:17   #1
BWN
BHPian

ICE upgrade for Baleno......

Hi Guys,

Planning for an ICE Upgrade when i return to india next month. My current setup is,

HU - Sony MEX DV1000 (Great features and play any disk thrown at it, Has a good SQ)
Fronts - Sony 4 inch 80 Watts mounted on doors with Blau tweeters on A pillars.(Not satisfied with this)
Rears - Sony 6x9 300 Watts 3 way speakers(I like the SQ and pretty satisfied)
Screen - 9 inch Auzo mmounted between the front seats(Nice picture quality)
Wiring - Stock wiring

This system was done up in my absence and now i want to upgarde it for a good SQ. I am not a Boom..Boom kind of a guy and am looking at a good quality music, whatever it is. I like to listen to all kinds of music :(.So i want.... SQ SQ SQ SQ & SQ with a tight bass, somthing like a good DTS home theatre.

Now... I am planning to put Componets for the front,add a 4 channel amplifier and want to add a sub in the rear parcel tray.

1.For Front compo's, I am inclined towards JBL GTO607C(thx to tbhp).Does the 607C's fit in the 4inch space available without any cutting and meddling ? Do suggest me some other good SQ Compos.

2.Planning to add a 4 channel amp mostly from JBL/Blau/Pioneer and i am not with sony amps.

3.Want to add a sub in the rear parcel shelf. i already have a provision a sub there. Please suggest me a good brand.I can live without a sub if the bass from compos are sufficient.

My budget is around 15k. Now... i know it is too tight but gurus are here to help me out.
Old 28th December 2007, 23:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
1.For Front compo's, I am inclined towards JBL GTO607C(thx to tbhp).Does the 607C's fit in the 4inch space available without any cutting and meddling ? Do suggest me some other good SQ Compos.

2.Planning to add a 4 channel amp mostly from JBL/Blau/Pioneer and i am not with sony amps.

3.Want to add a sub in the rear parcel shelf. i already have a provision a sub there. Please suggest me a good brand.I can live without a sub if the bass from compos are sufficient.

My budget is around 15k. Now... i know it is too tight but gurus are here to help me out.
1. Team-BHP does not directly or indirectly make you choose a particular brand.

Given your budget, 607s are a good choice. You'll not have to do any cutting-shutting, but the metal in the kick panel will have to be bent a little. The spacer ring will take care of the rest.

2. You can stay away from Sony amplifiers. They'd be disappointing for an 'upgrade'.

3. Subs in parcel trays are not really recommended. A sealed box or tube would be better. This has been discussed a few times earlier.
Old 29th December 2007, 00:55   #3
BWN
BHPian

Thanks a lot raghu.... Infact i had mentioned about your installation to the Car decor guy when i was in mysore last time. He recognised your car whe i told him about the Ipod

1. SO i shall stick on to the JBL 607's for time being.
2.Yet to decide on the 4 channel amp.
3.I browsed a few posts on Sub's but then decided to mount it on the existing tray since i am not looking for a high bass and wanted to save boot space too.

Any more suggestions folks....
Old 29th December 2007, 02:29   #4
BHPian

the new jbl amplifiers will easily fit into your pocket(very good for the price)..the bass will not be very much like a sub performs but powering front comps and rear 6x9 through an amp will surely bring a smile on ur face..if you are looking for a pure sq sq sq sub then you should should should go for image dynamics idq in a sealed box(lil expensive but very nice and hard to beat in this price)
if you can't get the sub now..go with the 4 channel amp for all four speakers.
Old 29th December 2007, 06:56   #5
BANNED

First of all, let me say it is better not to have a sub rather than mounting it on parcel shelf. That's wasting the real purpose of a sub in an SQ setup.
Sub is not meant for boom boom or so. When put into a sealed box and tuned perfectly, it'll support the front image and complete the soundstage. If you want to save on boot space, you can try an IB (infinite baffle) install but it's very hard to perfect it.

Within your budget, I strongly suggest you to get a set of compos for the front and a 4channel amp. Keep the sub for later.
If you're not much impressed with 607, you may try Hertz DSK165, illusion electra range of components. They are also good sounding speakers.
Old 29th December 2007, 10:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1.For Front compo's, I am inclined towards JBL GTO607C.. Do suggest me some other good SQ Compos.

what do you intend to buy for 15K? the amp, components and sub?

other components you can check out are from Illusion, Blaupunkt, Hertz, Infinity, Polk, etc... Please listen BEFORE you buy. We all have different tastes.

a sub in a IB install will make a lot of BOOM. so if you are ok with that bass go ahead otherwise get a selaed box in the trunk. if you cant spare the room for the sealed box a pair of 6x9s in the rear willl provide a bit of bass (not compared to a sub though).
Old 30th December 2007, 01:37   #7
BWN
BHPian

Hi All,

Just came back from a visit to a couple of Electronics shops here. Did a small research on various stuffs available. Beleive me..... I am more confused :(

Anyhow, i jus fixed my focus on 6.5 inch 2 way component speakers and a good 4 channel amplifier. I could see some German companies like crunch,Max,Ratho,Magnate,Hifionics etc.. which also offer good quality products and are pretty competitive with the bigger brands in terms of sales.

I want the Guru's to assit me on my small research on compo's and amp's.

2-Way Component Speakers:

So here we go....
1.Blaupunkt V6 Vantage - 220 Watts(55 Watts RMS@4 Ohms) for 59 Euors(3.2k INR).

2.Blaupunkt GTC 662 - 210 Watts(50 Watts RMS@4 Ohms) for 39 Euors(2.1k INR).

3.JBL - 6507C - 165 Watts(55 Watts RMS@2 Ohms) for 99 Euros(5.5k INR).

I auditioned these 3 and found Blau V6 and JBL to be on par and the GTC 662 to be slightly low on bass.Frankly, the sales guy couldn't tell me why JBL was so highly priced. I had gone searching for the JBL 607C but couldnt get them here. I seems they would cost more than the 6507's.

4 Channel Amplifiers :

1.Blaupunkt GTA 4 Spcl MK II - 800 Watts(RMS 4x60 Watt@4 Ohms & 4x90Watt@2 Ohms) for 89 Euros(4.9k INR).

2.Blaupunkt GTA 480 - 850 Watts(RMS 4x75 Watt@4 Ohms & 4x105 Watt@2 Ohms) for 119 Euros(6.6k INR).

3.JBL GTO 4060 - 600 Watts(RMS 4x55 Watt@4 Ohms & 4x75 Watt@2 OhmS) for 149 Euros(8.2k INR).

4.Ratho BL1000 - 1000 Watts for 69 Euros.

I couldn't audition any of these amps but collected the details of familiar brands discussed in t-bhp. I couldnt find JBL 60.4 or 75.4 which i went searching for.

Now please suggest the pros and cons for the listed items and do elt me know if i am getting a good deal buying here. Since i am abroad, please let me know if the current prices in Bangalore.

Also, I have a specific question..... The sales guy told me to select an amp which has a slightly more rms value than that of the speakers.I read a thread on tbhp regarding this but didnt understand much :(. All i could understand is that if the Amp wattage is more than the speaker, then the sound quality would be good. Is it right ?
Old 31st December 2007, 00:57   #8
BWN
BHPian

Brothers... Suggestions Pls.......
I need to finalise the stuff asap, since i would be coming back next week.
Old 31st December 2007, 10:02   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I want the Guru's to assit me on my small research on compo's and amp's.
2-Way Component Speakers:
1.Blaupunkt V6 Vantage - 220 Watts(55 Watts RMS@4 Ohms) for 59 Euors(3.2k INR).
3.JBL - 6507C - 165 Watts(55 Watts RMS@2 Ohms) for 99 Euros(5.5k INR).

I auditioned these 3 and found Blau V6 and JBL to be on par

4 Channel Amplifiers :
JBL GTO 4060 - 600 Watts(RMS 4x55 Watt@4 Ohms & 4x75 Watt@2 OhmS) for 149 Euros(8.2k INR).
get the 4060 amp and either of the 2 speakers you like better. focus on the vocal and HF as if these are not done right the sound can get fatiguing when heard for a long time.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:06   #10
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
get the 4060 amp and either of the 2 speakers you like better. focus on the vocal and HF as if these are not done right the sound can get fatiguing when heard for a long time.
@Navin.. could you please explain this ??????
Old 1st January 2008, 09:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Navin.. could you please explain this ??????
The ear takes in whatever sounds waves are coming from around one, but the brain tends to be selective in concentrating on what one wants to hear, e.g. the vocals in a song, or the lead guitar or the lead piano, etc.

However, the more the other sounds overwhelm the main point of interest (generally), the harder the brain has to work to extract that part of the signal. This results in first an irritation / dissatisfaction ("bright", "boomy" etc. are the common expressions), and prolonged exposure in such an environment makes you feel fatigued (the extreme being the Amdavad/Baroda pronunciation of that word).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks