Team-BHP - Santro ICE. Are the prices just
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Santro ICE. Are the prices just (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33607-santro-ice-prices-just.html)

I am on the process of getting a new Santro Xing and was thinking about the ICE part. Searched the forum, found a ton of threads on Santro, went thru almost all and kind of zeroed on a few. Visited the shop today to take an estimate and the following is what they have quoted. I would like all the gurus’ n members to help me out on this. All are with bill and warranty.

HU – Pioneer 4050 – Rs 5800 or Pioneer 5050 – Rs 6800 (I donno which one to choose)
Front Speakers– Hertz 6 ½” 160 w components – Rs 6500
Rear Speakers – Hertz Oval 350 w – Rs 5200 or JBL 300 w – Rs 4000 (Hertz sounded a bit better than JBL)
Sub – woofer - JBL 1100 w – Rs 3800
Amp – Kenwood 350 w – Rs 3800
Woofer box – Rs 1500
Wiring – Rs 1700
Speaker wiring - Rs 600
Parcel tray – Rs 950
Provision for components on front door – Rs 600

So 1. Is this a good set-up, 2. Are the prices just or a bit of a rip off, 3. Would anyone (mallus) recommend anywhere in Kochi or Kottayam for purchase n installation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobinjv (Post 671287)
I am on the process of getting a new Santro Xing and was thinking about the ICE part. Searched the forum, found a ton of threads on Santro, went thru almost all and kind of zeroed on a few. Visited the shop today to take an estimate and the following is what they have quoted. I would like all the gurus’ n members to help me out on this. All are with bill and warranty.

HU – Pioneer 4050 – Rs 5800 or Pioneer 5050 – Rs 6800 (I donno which one to choose)
Rear Speakers – Hertz Oval 350 w – Rs 5200 or JBL 300 w – Rs 4000 (Hertz sounded a bit better than JBL)
Woofer box – Rs 1500
Wiring – Rs 1700
Speaker wiring - Rs 600
Parcel tray – Rs 950

So 1. Is this a good set-up, 2. Are the prices just or a bit of a rip off, 3. Would anyone (mallus) recommend anywhere in Kochi or Kottayam for purchase n installation?

The prices are a tad too high in my opinion.Also you would need a bigger 4 channel amp to run the components and the subwoofer.Two channels of the amp can be used to drive the components and the other two to drive the subwoofer

Prices are bit on higher side try some other shop also go for some better and powerful 4 channel amp also a mono amp for woofer will give you a ++.

That is what i too am feeling about the prices, could anyone quote a reasonable price for the stated spec.Above that i am not too well versed with where the shops are her in Kerala.

The basic thing of the amp was to drive the sub alone, but now looking at it do i need an amp for the components.

Quote:

Woofer box – Rs 1500
Wiring – Rs 1700
Speaker wiring - Rs 600
Parcel tray – Rs 950

Looks ok for a B&W ( not sure of MRP prices of these though).

@Kochi, Emperor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 672160)
Looks ok for a B&W ( not sure of MRP prices of these though).

@Kochi, Emperor.

This is Emperor estimate, but every time i walk out there i feel it could have been done for a lesser price somewhere else.

Quote:

Pio 4050, 5050 are the gray market series. With B&W the numbers will be 4090 and 5090. Pio 5050 costs Rs 6200 in Bangalore (Grey)

I would say for the go for the 5050, in the 4050 the CDs are loaded through the face plate and will be prone dust contamination (when compare with 5050)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lucan (Post 672759)
Pio 4050, 5050 are the gray market series. With B&W the numbers will be 4090 and 5090. Pio 5050 costs Rs 6200 in Bangalore (Grey)

I would say for the go for the 5050, in the 4050 the CDs are loaded through the face plate and will be prone dust contamination (when compare with 5050)

i donno if this is a stupid question but how can there be models from a company for grey market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobinjv (Post 672953)
i donno if this is a stupid question but how can there be models from a company for grey market.

Check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...tml#post666272

Ok, but i saw few advertisements in autocar or overdrive about pioneer n they had quiet a few models in '5' series so do u think that they will advertise grey market models in a magazine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lucan (Post 673902)

the 4050 becomes 4950 with bill n warranty, if so is 5800 too much..

The first time I saw your estimate, I was sure it was from Emperor. Nobody will give you quotation in such a good split manner. You're getting the Hertz DSK165. That can run off the HU very clean but will be a bit bright. I would suggest to get a basic 4channel amp for the speakers. Something which can put out 50w rms per channel will do. Will not cost you much either. And buy a 2channel or Mono amp for the sub. Your setup will rock.

You may get cheaper prices elsewhere too. But the quality workmanship of Emperor is not easily attainable. I would suggest you to bargain hard and get the install done there.

You may refer team-BHP to Anish there. For a discount, it may work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 675077)
The first time I saw your estimate, I was sure it was from Emperor. Nobody will give you quotation in such a good split manner. You're getting the Hertz DSK165. That can run off the HU very clean but will be a bit bright. I would suggest to get a basic 4channel amp for the speakers. Something which can put out 50w rms per channel will do. Will not cost you much either. And buy a 2channel or Mono amp for the sub. Your setup will rock.

You may get cheaper prices elsewhere too. But the quality workmanship of Emperor is not easily attainable. I would suggest you to bargain hard and get the install done there.

You may refer team-BHP to Anish there. For a discount, it may work.

Thanks Zak. will try that out. but i enquired with them for 4 channel amp and was quoted 6000.

would u suggest any specific model.

4 channel amp
hmm
kenwood 8401 - 5800 rs (grey)
JBL GT5 4channel one - 6000 (grey)
pioneer 7200 (not sure about this model no.)- 7000rs

if you want bill then be prepared to pay 1500-2500 more
say on a blaupunkt

zak any more suggestions?

that will push it to 36k. i would like to keep it in 30