Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 12:10   #1
BHPian

Audio System ADS8002 how is it ?

Hi guys,

Picked up this European amp but couldn't find much details on the net except that it is 80W RMS per channel and bridged gives 220W RMS.

Has anyone heard of this company and how good is it ??
Currently have it powering my Infinity 1240se sub, noticed that after awhile if playing at high volume, distortion occurs. Any idea why ?

Thanks in advance
Old 31st December 2007, 13:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONLORD View Post
Picked up this European amp but couldn't find much details on the net except that it is 80W RMS per channel and bridged gives 220W RMS.
Has anyone heard of this company and how good is it ??

Currently have it powering my Infinity 1240se sub, noticed that after awhile if playing at high volume, distortion occurs. Any idea why ?
dont know about the amp. any website? specs?

for the infinity sub what box is it in. If you got it in IB is will not be damped well and hit it's limits pretty soon.
Old 31st December 2007, 14:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
dont know about the amp. any website? specs?

for the infinity sub what box is it in. If you got it in IB is will not be damped well and hit it's limits pretty soon.
There doesn't seem to be any info on the net regarding this company, but the model seems to be available in France and Germany for ~40Euro (about INR2200). Only references are on German ICE forums and ebay.fr, and some Hungarian and Croatian sites for its younger brother ADS6002. And no 4-channel in the family either.

Chinese, perhaps? The fit and finish seems to be a pointer.

The distortion could be because it is reaching its thermal limits, perhaps. Reduce the gain and re-check. Alternatively, cover it with a piece of carpet to check if distortion hits earlier. If so, you need to keep it in a well-ventilated spot.

Last edited by DerAlte : 31st December 2007 at 14:45.
Old 31st December 2007, 14:47   #4
BHPian

Audio system is a sister brand of STEG.They are made in italy and are fantastic amps!They also manufacture speakers under this brand name.
So you don't need to worry abut if it's a real audiosystem amp.Have read great things sbout them!
Cheers!
Old 31st December 2007, 15:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Audio system is a sister brand of STEG.They are made in italy and are fantastic amps!They also manufacture speakers under this brand name.
So you don't need to worry abut if it's a real audiosystem amp.Have read great things sbout them!
Cheers!
Gill is correct. But I think the above is a fake...

http://english.gttrading.it/easysite/level_2_3.asp?livello=2&Marchio=Audiosystem&Gamma= Twister&pg=1

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 31st December 2007 at 15:11.
Old 31st December 2007, 15:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Cheers!
Where, sir?

Though I couldn't find a relation with Steg, interestingly a German company of the same name turned up in the search: Audio Systems GmbH (Audio System Vertriebs GmbH).

Compare the logo of this company with that on the amp in question (Amplificatore Audiosystem (autoradio subwoofer woofer) su eBay.it Amplificatori, Autoradio e Monitor, Auto ricambi e accessori ) They apparently look the same, but the amp photo does not match any of the German company's models - even the old ones. As LBM-bhai puts it - it is a fake.

And yes, Gill-sab is right - they seems to 'manufacture' a wide range of speakers. They also represent Steg in Germany.

Last edited by DerAlte : 31st December 2007 at 15:15.
Old 31st December 2007, 15:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Steg and Audio System is having same parent company which is GT Trading. which manufacturer both the brand and markets some others like dyanamt, dynaudio,

Also I would like to correct myself. As after check the Deralte link of ebay the amp looks original but the series looks quite old and has been discontinued.

Audio System ADS 5002
Old 31st December 2007, 16:26   #8
BHPian

@Deralte sir, you can search different forums for audio system amps.Their two channel amps are very famous,to be precise Fp-500 model.
Steg is positioned as premium brand where as audio system on a bit lower scale.But their amps are awesome for it's price,currently they are running twsiter series on amp.this model seems to be bit old series model!

Cheers!
Old 31st December 2007, 18:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

LBM seems to have done my bit here, but anyway, Audiosystem is also owned by GT Trading like Steg. Audiosystem amps go by the name of Twister, and like Gill sir points out, they are awesome. Similar to the Steg QMOS, give and take a little.

Speakers and subs are also carried under the Audiosystem brand name, as are accessories and cables under the name Audiolink. The accessories that one gets free with the Steg amps are Audiolink branded.

The 2-ch amp looks genuine, but a long discontinued series.
Old 31st December 2007, 20:58   #10
BHPian

@ Navin - My sub came in the company fitted box
@ LBM - Yup, thats my amp alright

Thanks alot for all the info guys but just an update, getting a 2nd hand blau velocity vpa 4120 and gonna use it for my sub and rear speakers.

How much to offer for it ???
Old 31st December 2007, 23:19   #11
BHPian

^ You guys are not talking about a/d/s, are you? They used to make some brilliant amps, like the P840 etc.
Old 1st January 2008, 12:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
^ You guys are not talking about a/d/s, are you? They used to make some brilliant amps, like the P840 etc.
No sir it is a different company.

Old 1st January 2008, 16:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

I've only seen an a/d/s subwoofer in Psycho's car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks