Team-BHP - Got my Swift ICEd!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Got my Swift ICEd!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33666-got-my-swift-iced.html)

Hey fellas, I finally iced my Swift. I can only blame TBHP for doubling my expenditure lol...but it was worth it in the end!! I was planning to get all ice equipment from Driven but they did not have JBLs with B&W...out of stock it seems. Didn't want to buy my setup without B&W so I (and my two cousins) quickly headed over to Elegant at Lajpat Nagar. The shop carries some good stuff and JBLs with B&W were available! The executive's name was Saurabh and was a pretty friendly chap.

I intially had the following setup in my mind:

Front doors: GTO 0607C components
Rear doors: GTO 637s
Sub: GT4-12 in an enclosure
Amp: 75.4
HU - Pioneer 7950

I had planned to hook the components and the sub to the amp. Saurabh suggested that I go for GTO 937s in the rear on a tray to maximize the vocals as the GTO 637s would not be powerful enough without an amp. I finally agreed but we were still to decide on the sub. I saw some basstubes there from Kicker, JBL, Fusion etc. He told me that once the installation was complete that he would demo any bass tube and enclosure in the car itself. There was one JBL CS1204 (enclosure box type) for around Rs. 9000, and he had 10 and 12 inch JBL bass tubes (CS series). We also visited the demo rooms and he made me listen to the bass tubes from JBL and some Pioneer stuff as well. This was audio heaven!!!

We then sat down and he also told me he had some stuff rom Kicker and Infinity. Told him one step at a time dude lol. He gave me the prices and they were decent enough. Also mentioned Sam's name and he was like "oh yeah Sam sir"....mentioned about TBHP as well.

Installation began and it was around 3pm already. Man it was tough to watch them yank out almost everything from my brand new car (just 2 weeks old!). When it came to installing the tweeters I wasn't sure where to place them. Saurabh suggested they be attached on A-pillar just top right of the steering wheel and one on the opposite A-pillar. Oh yea he had some wiring from Rapter, EFX and BOSCH (i hope i spelled it right). I wanted Audison but he did not carry them. EFX and BOSCH were expensive...around Rs. 6000. He suggested I go for Raptor for Rs. 1500. Never heard of the brand but I trusted his judgment. For the 937s, wooden tray with grey covering (matched the carpet on the SWIFT) was installed. At this time they were audible as one of the workers fired up the HU and they sounded good. Components were sexy to say the least and the front soundstage is good to be in hehe!

Finally, it was time to test the sub and boy oh boy...I was blown away. :Shockked: I know my setup is not the best but I am upgrading from a Esteem with Alpine amp, with Sony sub (no enclosure just the dikki haha) and speakers + JVC double din. Blown away is too small a word to describe the feeling...three of us were sitting in the car and the hair on our head were vibrating. WHAT SWEET BASS! Anyhow, the JBL CS1204t basstube was first to go in and I liked it, the bass was tight and punchy. Next we demo'ed the CS1204B...and it was good too but the bass was not to my liking. After confirming with my cousins, the basstube was chosen and let me tell you this sucker is big. Whatever dikki space I had is gone. My cousins did remind me about what my MOM would do to me when she saw the tube lol. It was all in good fun. We had chai and lots of cigs. Anyhow, at this point GTO 937s were not at all AUDIBLE. It is only when I use the fader to the rear and crank the volume to 30+ I hear the GTO 937s. With the fader back at 0, it becomes very hard to increase the volume above 15 as the system gets LOUD. At this point I was thinking about increasing my budget once again for a monoblock but decided against it. Saurabh told me that I could get the monoblock installed anytime.

Final Setup:

Front doors: GTO 0607C components
Rear: GTO 937s in wooden tray
Sub: CS1204T
Amp: GTO 75.4
HU - Pioneer 7950

It was 5:30 pm and the installation was complete. Payment was made and got all the warranty cards stamped + the invoice. We all said our goodbyes and I was really enjoying the friggin radio as I forgot to bring my cds lol.

That was yesterday. I have noticed that the tweeters make a lot of noise when switching between songs. Like a hiss hiss noise...maybe the treble is turned up too much...the hissing sound is in sync with the engine and when I change gears. Oh well if you could guys could help me out with that, I am sure it is probably something I can fix with some settings on the HU. The hissing sound is also audible (barely) when a track is playing.

Overall I am very satisfied with my decision to go to Elegant and at the same time happy with the ICE equip that I chose. Although I know I am lacking the MONOBLOCK as I would like to use the 75.4 to drive the co-axials and the components. The 937s are just for show...for now that is!!!!:D

Congrats On an awesome ICE install.You have got some nice equipment.Do post some pics of your install.

About the hissing sound try to reduce the gain from the Amp,This should fix it and if it doesnt then there is some earthing/grounding problem.

Do post some pics ASAP and Happy Booming.

Nice install man. Price break up please :)

Congrats on your new setup. You have got yourself some good equipment.

937s could've been avoided. I dunno why he was trying to say it is better than 637s in your car. And to say it needs an amp to sound good, BULL!

Don't get the monoblock. Not necessary for this tube. 75.4 does it's job well.
Amp is not tuned well for sure. Get the gains right and you should be able to listen to the system at comfortable levels.
I also suspect the wiring for that hiss hiss sound. Please elaborate more on this.

And hello! Where're the pics?

Same here dude. Socha kuch that lagaya kuch.. Even i had finalized JBL's Base tube but after listening JBL enclosure with mono block amp GT4 12 i have changed my mind... Check out my final setup..

@mlal000, I also think the hiss could be because of the wiring (esp. as it is in sync with the engine RPM).

And about the rears not being audible, they are supposed to be that way. You should be able to just barely hear them. Most of the sound should seem like it is coming from the front. IMHO the 637s would have been enough in the back, but then nothing wrong in having bought the 937s (except the extra cash).

@rohitabc, no front speakers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 673286)
no front speakers?

Same here...why no speakers ?

I would recommend to go for component kit in the front rather speakers in the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 673170)
Congrats on your new setup. You have got yourself some good equipment.

937s could've been avoided. I dunno why he was trying to say it is better than 637s in your car. And to say it needs an amp to sound good, BULL!

Don't get the monoblock. Not necessary for this tube. 75.4 does it's job well.
Amp is not tuned well for sure. Get the gains right and you should be able to listen to the system at comfortable levels.
I also suspect the wiring for that hiss hiss sound. Please elaborate more on this.

And hello! Where're the pics?

I am thinking of getting a monoblock so I can hook the 75.4 to the 937s. The 937s are not really audible. Like you said, the amp might not be tuned properly or the wiring might be the culprit. I will go back to Elegant and see if I can sort out these issues with them, else I might need to get it tuned from Driven. The hissing sound is in sync with engine RPM. Help me out here guys. Pics would be up soon! I don't really remember the pricing but overall system cost came close to 40k.

I've had this "hissing" problem at quite some installations.
Its basically the ground which isn't proper. Make sure U ground the RCA connects at the rear of ur HU.
Search on this topic and U should be able to solve it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlal000 (Post 673316)
I am thinking of getting a monoblock so I can hook the 75.4 to the 937s. The 937s are not really audible.

I think that's the way it should be. The rear speakers are known as rear fills. No?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 673286)

@rohitabc, no front speakers?

Will be installing JBL component next month dude.. Already spent 40k.. No money left in pocket for system.. ;):Frustrati

for the hiss - check the wires/connectors at the back of the HU - 7950 has a bulky wiring. also, make sure there are no loops of power or ground cables around the RC's

also, i'll suggest you to keep the EQ flat, specially the highs. pioneer HU's are very bright.

Congrats! Seems the new setup makes u switch off ur cell...:)

Quote:

Anyhow, at this point GTO 937s were not at all AUDIBLE. It is only when I use the fader to the rear and crank the volume to 30+ I hear the GTO 937s.
Can you explain why so...937 are loud...aren't they?

Thanks for all the advice!!! I'd probably go to Elegant and get that taken care of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverickzCar (Post 674791)
Congrats! Seems the new setup makes u switch off ur cell...:)

Can you explain why so...937 are loud...aren't they?

Check your pm mav. 937s are not ampflied man...the way system is setup its near impossible to raise volume above 15 on the HU...at that level 937s are not really audible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlal000 (Post 676513)
Check your pm mav. 937s are not ampflied man...the way system is setup its near impossible to raise volume above 15 on the HU...at that level 937s are not really audible.

Your gain on the amps are set to high which is causing this. Try reducing the gains on the amp.