Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Xing and Swift are very similar in size. If one goes by the knock test the Swift's panels dont sound worse than the Xing.

Hence unless there is a difference in the system or the Swift has a leak I dont see why the Swift should allow more sound out of the car than the Xing.
Yes I Agree,
Being the owner of both the cars (Swift and i10), i confirm that Swift allows more music outside than i10 (comparable to Xing)

This was experienced, when i moved my whole setup (HU, Compos, Coax and Amp) from i10 to Swift.

The Swift i feel is not as tightly packed as an i10 or even a Xing. I hope you get what i mean by tightly packed, lots of small gapings, esp between body and boot contact.

i ll see if i can get a picture of the same to explain better

Last edited by Mi10 : 23rd October 2009 at 07:55. Reason: typo
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:58   #17
BHPian

@mi10- yeah i second that. especially the rear windshield and boot are isolated using just the rubber sealing. there is actually a gap between the rear glass and the body. and ofcourse both the xing and i10 have very tightly packed door panels whereas the swift has relatively very thin plastic panels and lots of empty space between the panels and the outer body.

@gunner fan- dunno about the front speakers you are using but the HU is i think a tad bit expensive but i think you've made it even with the speakers .

try infinity 9633i for rear. take auditions and only then make the decision.

cheers
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_yank View Post
@gunner fan- dunno about the front speakers you are using but the HU is i think a tad bit expensive but i think you've made it even with the speakers .

try infinity 9633i for rear. take auditions and only then make the decision.

cheers
thanx man. well the original post was almost 2 yrs old. a lot happened since then. rear got pioneer 6*9 yellow kevlars. its time now that im looking at upgrades (perils of spending time at tbhp )

am seeking advice from the gurus for front components / amp etc in another thread.
Old 24th October 2009, 00:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Gunner Fan, omitting a zero created such a stir (Lolz), anyhow Welcome back.

I have a Xing with JBL GT5-S12 1200w Sub powered by JBL S644 Amp. When played Loud, loud enough that the Inside Rear View Mirror is vibrating as if its shivering, one is not able to listen the bang bang going on inside from the outside. Such wonderful is the built of the Xing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks