Team-BHP - DIY Swift Audio Setup.with the help of some friends.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   DIY Swift Audio Setup.with the help of some friends. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33951-diy-swift-audio-setup-help-some-friends-3.html)

@Navpreet great install!Congrats,effort gone into is clearly evident.Can you take closer pics of the MDF board you have used for mounting the amp on the rear seat.And if possible the pics of spare tyre cover you made out of the mdf!
I simply loved the Enc of the sub!Good to see that you have used the woodn plank to stop the sub skidding around in the boot!

Cheers!
@Clip he has used the 4 ga from battery to the block then the run of 8 ga for each amp!

Brilliant set-up Navpreet.

I spent one weekend only re-doing my ICE wiring to get my tuning right. And i felt exhausted at the effort.

In your case, phew....!!! I can well imagine the ever-lasting agony in getting it all together. Brilliant outcome, to say the least.

As they say, passion is the only driver that knows no boundaries. !!!

Cheers mate.

yep lbm thats exactly like you have done it except that i have not used any stel ring in it.

well gunbir that sub rocks.its providing me more than the required bass.actually too much for it size.i am amazed.and its not even run in properly yet.

clip i had the sony amp from before.long time back.had i predicted this setup i would have changed the amp.never the less it is a great amp.
it wasn't present in the regular sony india range. and this one puts out 300w rms.even though one might think that sony generally over rate their amps.but this one is doing its duty well.
i am in bliss.

regarding the kenwood amp.well as you must be knowing that these infinity components require very less power.they are 90w but still they require very less firing power the kenwood is more than enough to power them.the power is just right.at full volume the sound is very clear.though the setting up of the gains is just a hit and trial method to judge what sounds sweet to the ear thats all.spent a whole day in setting up the gains.

well gill the board supporting the amps is 1/2 inch mdf.as well as the wheel well cover.

making the wheel well cover is easy.
take out the flimsy stock board.peel off the board and whatever packing is there.

put it on the mdf board.and use a jig saw to cut it in the same pattern.

stick the foam blocks at the same locations as the original board and stick the carpet back on.simple.there you have it.and its strong enough even for us to sit.the wheel well in my car is empty as the wheel is too broad.its 205.so to support the sub enclosure i had to install the mdf board.

moreover it feels better than the stock flimsy board.

and like gunman said, it is easily the best looking DIY install.

thanks dude.hope you saw that i'm using 4g cable till the distribution block and then on its 8g.i used that power cable pack from audison which includes the cable,fuse etc.
you must be already knowing the details of that pack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 680005)
the wheel is too broad.its 205.

OT
please put up a pic of wheels too

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 680039)
thanks dude.hope you saw that i'm using 4g cable till the distribution block and then on its 8g.i used that power cable pack from audison which includes the cable,fuse etc.
you must be already knowing the details of that pack.

oh, sorry navpreet. i missed the 8g part in your detailed explanation. :-)

can you let me know the breakup of the cost of the install? it woul dbe nice

cheers
clip

absolute clean install!!

well thanks all.

dhar's the wheels are a very common design
but highly uncommon in dehradun.infact my car is the only one sporting these wheels.
i simply love this BMW replicas.they are perfect.

@navpreet
Superb alloys. Which make of tyres is that? cant make out from the pics.

All together its a helluva great machine!

They are Maxxis tyres.

Awesome Alloys, What are the tires and alloy specs, how much for the alloys?

Quote:

Which make of tyres is that? cant make out from the pics.
Those are Maxxis Victra MA-21, kind of VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 680277)
Those are Maxxis Victra MA-21, kind of VFM.

Nope they are Maxxis MA-Z1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 680324)
Nope they are Maxxis MA-Z1.

Thanks Tire wala, i dont have that much gyaan in Maxxis as much you do :uncontrol