Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 22:03   #1
BANNED

Pioneer Head Unit Errors. Error 11 and error 17 in pioneer MP3

i bought a car which had pioneer Mp3 player. it was working fine. but now when i inserted a cd , it says ' format read' and after somtime, it says error 11

i thought its cd problem, and got another cd and played. it recognised it , i think. and the time duration of song started counter, but no audio. the speaker was intact. then i ejected and re inserted cd. then it said error 17 and sumtimes error 11..what must be the problem?

is it cd's fault or head unit fault? i have checked with two cds which i burnt the cd in MP3 format and another in data disc format. but both gives prob. the same cd is working fine in home DVD..
Old 7th January 2008, 10:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
i bought a car which had pioneer Mp3 player. it was working fine. but now when i inserted a cd , it says ' format read' and after somtime, it says error 11

i thought its cd problem, and got another cd and played. it recognised it , i think. and the time duration of song started counter, but no audio. the speaker was intact. then i ejected and re inserted cd. then it said error 17 and sumtimes error 11..what must be the problem?

is it cd's fault or head unit fault? i have checked with two cds which i burnt the cd in MP3 format and another in data disc format. but both gives prob. the same cd is working fine in home DVD..
Not very clear from your description whether the second CD that you played was another data CD containing MP3 songs or it was an audio CD.

First, check if your HU (Pioneer MP3 player) plays a conventional audio CD properly. This will establish whether CD reading mechanism is OK or not. If not, take the HU to a repair shop - they can replace the lens or the mechanism, whichever is faulty.

If the audio CD plays OK, buy an MP3 compilation CD from a music store and check if that plays properly. If it does, then your CD burning is suspect.

There is nothing called "cd in MP3 format" - what exactly did you do?

Home DVD players support many CD formats (Joliet, ISO9660, etc.), so playing on that player or PC will not prove anything.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

I had this problem in my earlier Pioneer HU. Your lens is gone. You need to get it replaced.
Old 14th January 2008, 19:30   #4
BANNED

i have used other data cd which played once today....and once i switch off and on again..it shows error 17 and after several tries like eject and reload, and switch off and on again etc...sumtimes its detected and plays....

what prob it might be??

disc is also not that much bad scratched...it may be the dust on lens??? or any other prob???
Old 14th January 2008, 21:51   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have used other data cd which played once today....and once i switch off and on again..it shows error 17 and after several tries like eject and reload, and switch off and on again etc...sumtimes its detected and plays....

what prob it might be??

disc is also not that much bad scratched...it may be the dust on lens??? or any other prob???
I'm having same problem and getting fed up with it! Please help.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th January 2008 at 21:52.
Old 14th January 2008, 22:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm having same problem and getting fed up with it! Please help.
This is with your brand new 4050 ?

Old 14th January 2008, 22:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
This is with your brand new 4050 ?

I bought a brand new 4050? Cool, i never knew!

Its actually a 1- year old pioneer HU (Got to check the model)
Old 15th January 2008, 10:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I bought a brand new 4050? Cool, i never knew!

Its actually a 1- year old pioneer HU (Got to check the model)
Sorry that was BaCkSeAtDrIVeR.

Similar names and sImILaR sTyLeS sO I kInD oF gOt CoNfUsEd
Old 15th January 2008, 13:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

The lens also stop working when dust settles on it. Try getting your HU service it might help.
Old 15th January 2008, 16:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Check the Pio manual for the description of these error codes(My manual is at home) But error 11 is something that I encounter with some of my CDs Also I face this especially with my re-writable CD.

Dont think anything is wrong with the player but rather with the way the cd has been recorded(speed etc) & yes even in my case the error-11 cds run fine with home/pc CD/DVD players
Old 15th January 2008, 19:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

its the loading problem.

read this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...h-p7450mp.html
Old 16th January 2008, 11:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Get your HU serviced.
Old 24th January 2008, 10:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Check the Pio manual for the description of these error codes(My manual is at home) But error 11 is something that I encounter with some of my CDs Also I face this especially with my re-writable CD.

Dont think anything is wrong with the player but rather with the way the cd has been recorded(speed etc) & yes even in my case the error-11 cds run fine with home/pc CD/DVD players
I agree. I used to get Error 11/13/17 with RW CDs and when I checked the manual, it seems that these problems arise if the CD is not finalized (There is an option in Nero CD Burning to finalize CDRWs. Use that).
Old 24th January 2008, 22:22   #14
BANNED

Hi friendss, my HU is working now..i gave it for service, and he said there might be dust on lens, and he cleaned and charged me Rs.400/- and i gave 350... but he was frank that he didnt change any spares, he told he jus cleaned the unit..

he advised me to be careful in future , since pioneer lens costs around Rs.1300/- that too chinese make . and wont give that much output as original. so...i hav to be careful...
Old 25th January 2008, 00:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he advised me to be careful in future , since pioneer lens costs around Rs.1300/- that too chinese make . and wont give that much output as original. so...i hav to be careful...

From what ? Lens change

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks