Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 11:02   #1

Radio signal Problem in ALTO

hey guys i m getting radio signal problem as the signal sometimes get very weak and the sound gets distorted in my Alto..as it was working fine but suddenly this problem started.i have changed antenna & car headunit 3 times but the problem is same,is there any problem with my car or some fuse blown up please help...:
my car rig:

SONY 222 AMP
PIONEER HEADUNIT
PIONEER REAR AND FRONT SPEAKERS..
Old 7th January 2008, 16:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Did you ask the antenna mounting person to check for electrical continuity from antenna end to HU antenna socket?

Most likely the wire from the antenna to the HU has broken somewhere in between. In that case, no matter how many times you change the HU and antenna, you will have the same problem.
Old 7th January 2008, 18:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Most likely the wire from the antenna to the HU has broken somewhere in between. In that case, no matter how many times you change the HU and antenna, you will have the same problem.
True. I had a similar problem of distortion.
- Took out the HU. Antenna plug was properly in.
- Checked the antenna end. Connection was ok.
- Traced the cord/wire from behind the HU to under the panel below the steering. Voila! Found another male-female connection there. This plug was disconnected.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:18   #4

whenever i touch the antenna steel side the signal gets stronger i live in kolkata central and there is no radio signal problem, other cars get good radio signal like my Mahindra Scorpio the signal is smooth...no distortion..
Old 11th September 2008, 22:04   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin00 View Post
whenever i touch the antenna steel side the signal gets stronger i live in kolkata central and there is no radio signal problem, other cars get good radio signal like my Mahindra Scorpio the signal is smooth...no distortion..
bump.

I am also having the same problem. Poor FM reception throughout Kerala. Nil recepiton when the vehicle is moving. Reasonably good if vehicle moving and I touch the antenna. Reasonably good if vehicle is stationary and I do not touch the antenna. Good when the vehicle is stationary and I touch the antenna.

The auto tuning does not work. I have to manually tune the HU.

The HU is Pio 4050 and the car - WagonR.
Old 13th September 2008, 10:16   #6
BANNED

BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : Check the connections and also make sure that the antenna is also of a good quality. I'm having very clear receptions(even at Piravom) whether the vehicle is stationary/not.
Old 13th September 2008, 13:21   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm having very clear receptions(even at Piravom) whether the vehicle is stationary/not.
Thanks. I did guess that it is a problem with my set up. But had no clue where to start trouble shooting. What HU are you using?

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 13th September 2008 at 13:41.
Old 13th September 2008, 15:42   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Thanks. I did guess that it is a problem with my set up. But had no clue where to start trouble shooting. What HU are you using?
It's an old Pio 2950.

Most Viewed