Team-BHP - Which subwoofers??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Which subwoofers?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/33985-subwoofers.html)

Hi,

What are the options available for a pair of subwoofers running off a JBL 1201.1 amplifier?? (1114 W RMS @ 2 ohms @ 14.4V) Thanks to inputs from couple of friends here over the phone and PMs....I am inclined towards a particular brand, but its just that being a one time (Ok not that true!) expenditure, I want to get couple of other expert advices. :)

Desired output : Boom! SPL! (thanks to a virus called LBM :) )
Car : As most of us call an excellent Taxi, the legendary Tata Indica. Willing to sacrifice the entire boot.
Budget : under 20K (only for subs).

I was considering a pair of JBL 15" in ported box, but then I think it requires a lot of space as amit_sound's accent boot was totally occupied, that too in a sealed box.

Any other suggestions please?? JBL power series, Hertz SPL ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 680040)
Desired output : Boom! SPL! (thanks to a virus called LBM :) )
Car : As most of us call an excellent Taxi, the legendary Tata Indica. Willing to sacrifice the entire boot.
Budget : under 20K (only for subs).
Any other suggestions please?? JBL power series, Hertz SPL ??

Ground Zero?

Well, one sub or two subs?

if you want one sub, there is the Hifonics OLM1612 and 1615. 1600 watts RMS

Other options would be from GZ, ID or hertz but i don't know if they will fit into your budget..

@ navin: Considering GZs.

@ saintsinner : waise to pair, if its a hardcore SPL (read my signature).... can go for a single as well. :-)

MTX Jackhammer :), if you are ready to compromise the boot as well as the rear seat.
On serious note you are JBL fan then why not go for JBL's dual basspass woofer.

Madness,ajay!
That jackhammer thingy would cost as much as the car itself. It apparently isn't as effective as multiple sub setups!

1 x iDMax12 D4 = Rs 31400
2 x iD12 D2 @ Rs 10400 ea = Rs 20800
2 x Hertz ES380 15" @ 11700 = Rs 23400

We have used the JBL power series long ago (around 8 years ago, when they were made in usa) and they were nice subs, very tight and punchy, much like the Hertz ES subs today. Don't know about the current power series though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 680070)
MTX Jackhammer :), if you are ready to compromise the boot as well as the rear seat.

Boot and seat would be among the smaller compromises he would be making if he got one of those retarded things.

I would choose 2 x Radioactive GZRW 12XD-AL

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 680190)
I would choose 2 x Radioactive GZRW 12XD-AL

Good choice. Except for, they'll send the amp in concern into protection. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 680196)

achha, how?? subs are rated @ 500W X 2 and amp is 1114W and i think, as with any quality product, it would be underrated.

can you please enlighten a bit B&T?? when would these send the amp into protection? i mean in what situation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 680196)

Ok reduced the number of voice coils to half and it should work. Here's the correct model Radioactive GZRW 12XS-AL :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 680239)
achha, how?? subs are rated @ 500W X 2 and amp is 1114W and i think, as with any quality product, it would be underrated.

can you please enlighten a bit B&T?? when would these send the amp into protection? i mean in what situation?

Panky bhai, per what I know 4 voice coils (i.e 2 x DVC subs) cannot be wired to pose a 2 ohm load on the amp hence it would run your amp into protect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 680244)
Panky bhai, per what I know 4 voice coils (i.e 2 x DVC subs) cannot be wired to pose a 2 ohm load on the amp hence it would run your amp into protect.

Ahhh!!!! That ways! See, you've already suggested a way out. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 680250)
Ahhh!!!! That ways! See, you've already suggested a way out. :)

And thats why I love Ground Zero. They have one of the widest product range I have seen from entry level (if you can call a 400W RMS subwoofer that) to absolute high end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 680067)
@ navin: Considering GZs.

@ saintsinner : waise to pair, if its a hardcore SPL (read my signature).... can go for a single as well. :-)

OLM1615, 1600 RMS,
or how abt two Brutus? - You can get an audition too!

or there is also Polk Audio SR124. Doubt you will find them in Delhi.

GZ seems to be a better deal for you. can someone post the prices?