Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 22:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
besides the Random play, how do they compare with the pioneer HU's SQ wise ?
IMHO they are pretty nice sounding. No difference in SQ between the two.
Old 30th April 2008, 22:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

one more Q. Are their steering volume remotes as plentifully available as their pio counterparts?

And the steering volume remote shown on the site doesnt look very ergonomic either
Old 1st May 2008, 13:46   #33
BANNED

How much would the Alpine 9886 cost because I see that it has both usb and aux in.
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
IMHO they are pretty nice sounding. No difference in SQ between the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
besides the Random play, how do they compare with the pioneer HU's SQ wise ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
hey vebmetal...you've been on the lookout for a HU for ages now. we have had a discussion on the Kenwood HU (4036) here, extensively. Why all the doubts again !? FYI, again, YES, this HU comes with USB (front) and AUX in (rear). And it can read pen drives, memory card readers and HDDs.

The Pio 5050 is also an excellent choice. A friend installed it in a zen couple days ago and its simply brilliant ! Its got a 2-line display and looks very clean and neat. No silly dolphins etc. Excellent build quality too (the pics do not do justice). Reads a 2GB stick in less than 3 secs ! And its really easy to browse thru the folders/files on large drives as well. VFM all the way. The HU cost 6.5k.
- How does the random function in Kenwood work? Truly random or like Pioneer? (which goes to the next track on the CD/USB when the NEXT button is pressed, even though the PLAY mode is set to RANDOM)

- Which Kenwood model has USB and AUX-IN

- Does the presence of 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC have a great effect on the SQ, esp reading off USB/iPod/MP3 discs?

- How good is the SQ compared to Pio models? (Which are a bit on the bright side?)
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
- How does the random function in Kenwood work? Truly random or like Pioneer? (which goes to the next track on the CD/USB when the NEXT button is pressed, even though the PLAY mode is set to RANDOM)
On kenwood when u press the RDM button once it randomizes current folder if u press it again it turns off random. But here is the trick if u press that RDM button for 2 -3 it will random whole disc. When u press next button it goes to next random song from any directory. Though no idea of current players Random but just check the manual as i heard that on new kenwoods u dont have to press RDM button for 2 - 3 secs for whole disc random.

- Which Kenwood model has USB and AUX-IN
Kenwood Corporation. 5039, 5539, 6539 and lots more have aux and usb

- Does the presence of 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC have a great effect on the SQ, esp reading off USB/iPod/MP3 discs?
NO IDEA

- How good is the SQ compared to Pio models? (Which are a bit on the bright side?)
Pretty damn good HU's. I like their SQ.
My answers are in BOLD.
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My answers are in BOLD.
Thanks abhibh. Some more queries
- the steering remote control (KCA-RC700A) doesnt look as user friendly as Pio. Have you used it? How much does it cost?
Kenwood HUs with USB and AUX-In?-index_kcarc700a.jpg

- Is there a need to buy separate cables/adapters to play USB and/or iPod?
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thanks abhibh. Some more queries
- the steering remote control (KCA-RC700A) doesnt look as user friendly as Pio. Have you used it? How much does it cost?
Attachment 12683

- Is there a need to buy separate cables/adapters to play USB and/or iPod?
Never used steering remote ever in my life.

For usb there is no need. For front usb there is no need of cable but for HU's which have rear usb there is a cable included in the HU box itself. You may need a Direct IPOD wire i guess to control ipod through HU. You may need this Kenwood KCA-IP100 1-Wire Direct iPod Cable For Kenwood Receivers(KENKCAIP100) and other affordable iPod Adapters for Car Stereo at 6ave.com.
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never used steering remote ever in my life.

For usb there is no need. For front usb there is no need of cable but for HU's which have rear usb there is a cable included in the HU box itself. You may need a Direct IPOD wire i guess to control ipod through HU. You may need this Kenwood KCA-IP100 1-Wire Direct iPod Cable For Kenwood Receivers(KENKCAIP100) and other affordable iPod Adapters for Car Stereo at 6ave.com.
Thanks man, but this wont serve my purpose. Its is actually the same cable that you get with iPod (USB charging cable). Ironically, Kenwood states (and so does Pio) that "Connects with Kenwood/Pioneed Headunits with iPod USB Direct control function (5th generation iPod and beyond)"

What beats me is that if it is the same cable as OEM iPod cable, then why should it work only with 5th gen and beyond?

(Mine is 2nd gen iPod Mini and hence I am complaining!)
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:54   #39
BHPian

I don't think it's got to do with the cable, Nishant. Probably something to do with the software part of things. Maybe there's something in the software of 5th gen upwards iPod that these guys use to connect it to the HU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks