Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 01:35   #91
BANNED

Man! This is just amazing.
An all ID setup!! That's some dream come true. I'd like to fly down to Delhi and have a listen to your car. Shall I?

Anyway, congratulations. Please put up the reviews and the differences you find between this and the iPaul.
Old 1st August 2008, 01:36   #92

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Wow! Congrats!!!

So this thread should now be titled "Siena 1.6… Oops iD'd it again (and AGAIN!!!)", right?

Actual installed pics as soon as you can, please! But right now, enjoyyyyyy!
...I think like you mentioned in your thread,its a never ending journey!!
And thanks.
Old 1st August 2008, 02:33   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Man! This is just amazing.
An all ID setup!! That's some dream come true. I'd like to fly down to Delhi and have a listen to your car. Shall I?

Anyway, congratulations. Please put up the reviews and the differences you find between this and the iPaul.
You are most welcome to ,speedzak!!
And Thank you.I shall put up a review and the differences soon.
Old 2nd August 2008, 03:46   #94

These are the pics taken before the install.
Attached Thumbnails
Siena 1.6… Oops iD'd it again-image-034.jpg  

Siena 1.6… Oops iD'd it again-image-037.jpg  

Siena 1.6… Oops iD'd it again-image-045.jpg  

Siena 1.6… Oops iD'd it again-image-048.jpg  

Siena 1.6… Oops iD'd it again-image-053.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2008, 10:31   #95
BHPian

Congrats boy, (im tried of doing this again and again) for your ...umm 4th amp upgrade in 1yr..,But this time it seems its the sweetest upgrade.Enjoy
Old 2nd August 2008, 16:39   #96
BHPian

Congrats for the new Amp........
Can you please tell me the secret behind your icesutra ???

Will be hearing your setup soon ...

Is Ipaul on sale????
Old 2nd August 2008, 19:43   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
its a never ending journey!!
Amen to that.

Good stuff baba.
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:12   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Congrats boy, (im tried of doing this again and again) for your ...umm 4th amp upgrade in 1yr..,But this time it seems its the sweetest upgrade.Enjoy
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
Congrats for the new Amp........
Can you please tell me the secret behind your icesutra ???

Will be hearing your setup soon ...

Is Ipaul on sale????
Thank you...and you are most welcome to hear it.The ipaul has already been sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Amen to that.

Good stuff baba.
Thank you very much
Old 4th August 2008, 05:12   #99

hey guys,so i finally decided that i would get off my bum and write a review on the ID Q450.4.So here it goes.
If you guys go through the thread,you will notic that i was running the ID CTX65cs components and the IDQ15v2 on the JBL 75.4.
Though this amp had a lot of power,it didnt compliment the components sound.they used to sound harsh at the top end and the sound wasnt detailed enough.I decided to sell off the amp and got the kenwood 8401.Now,this amp is a steal.The sound quality became amazing and tonally is a very neutral amp letting you actually experience the components signature sound.But this amp makes less power.60Wx4 and 180x2 bridged is pretty less for the compos which require 100w rms and the 180w for the idq15 was insufficient.the difference was clearly audible,the compos weren't as loud and the sub lost its punch to some extent compared to when they were runnig on the 75.4.
At the same time Rainbow launched the ipaul 4.300 4 channel amp.Considering it was made for the founder of Rainbow,paul jelko,i was kind of sure that it would sound good since it had the founders name on it.
The amp had a lot of power as well .it did 90wx4 and 270wx2 for the sub.The good part about this amp was that it came with a subwoofer phase control where you could accurately know the phase of the sub.
I was very happy with the sound and couldnt ask for more.
But there was still some harshness at maximum volume of the HU.Since the tweeters were mounted on the a-pillar next to the dash,the placement of the tweeters was diagnosed as the reason for this harshness.So,one day decided to relocate the tweeters to the door pad.This off axis install would not cause any distortions to creep up due to reflections from the windshield or the contoured dash of the siena.
As soon as the relocation was done,i auditioned the system.The soundstage which earlier was on the dash had dropped considerably and had disperses.The sound had become localised and i could actually identify that the sound was coming from the left and the right speakers.The entire imaging was destroyed.
At this point i was very unhappy and considered removing the tweeters and putting them back in the original position.Kept contemplating for 2 days when i got a call from Gunbir that the ID amps had landed and i could audition them.
Researched the amps on the net and came across a marketing line which the ID guys coined for the amp "Got Ball$".Highly intrigued by this line since have been using compos and sub by the same brand,i was sure that the id amp would kick a$$.
Now looks can be deceiving,the amp was half the ipauls size and half the thickness.Bigger is better doesnt really apply tho this amp.Connected this amp and voila!! MAGIC. The sound stage shifted back and higher.The depth increased,the midbass were hitting harder.There was no harshness at high volumes,the sound was very crisp and detailed.It actually added another dimension to the songs.Everything sounded full bodied and not to forget the sub was kicking hard.I like bass which hits hard in the back and this amp delivered exactly what i wanted.
I have come to this conclusion that the id amp is seriously under rated.It makes a lot more power than the 75wx4/200x2 that the id guys state.Why have they under rated it,i dont know!

Please note that the Ipaul 4.300 is not a bad amp at all.it probably didnt suit the equipment i had.It probably might work a lot better if teamed up with rainbow components...i dont know!!But till the time i didnt relocate the tweeters itwas very good.The ipaul is a very good amp for 30k but if you have 40k,get the ID.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

So it means Ipaul with ID compos is a bad combo

or you bought a new amp to bring sound stage up ?

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 4th August 2008 at 13:36.
Old 4th August 2008, 14:34   #101
Senior - BHPian

Congrats hellspawn on an all ID setup.

1 question what happened to ipaul Amp ? still with you or got it exchanged for ID amp ?
Old 4th August 2008, 21:43   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
So it means Ipaul with ID compos is a bad combo

or you bought a new amp to bring sound stage up ?
I wouldn't use the words "bad combo".I would just say that in my car they were not complimenting each other.
I actually didn't intend on buying the id amp.I went to audition it but it was so good,that i couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Congrats hellspawn on an all ID setup.

1 question what happened to ipaul Amp ? still with you or got it exchanged for ID amp ?
Hey,thanks.I got it exchanged but had to pay more money for the id amp.The ipaul got picked up by a friend of mine for his alto.
Old 20th August 2008, 17:09   #103
Senior - BHPian

The Image Dynamics CTX65 coaxials were rated the winners by the Car Audio & Electronics magazine in their Fullrange System Roundup. The CTX comps were compared with 9 other makes, including JL Audio (uber expensive at almost $550!!!) & Eclipse.

I saw this in the ID Forums yesterday: Id Is In The Lead!!!!!! - Image Dynamics Forums

Last edited by hydrashok : 20th August 2008 at 17:18.
Old 20th August 2008, 17:56   #104
BHPian

ID products seem highly underrated,My friend is running a IDV3 on kenwood 9401d mono giving around 500w's and the woofer been rated 250w,and its doing well,i have read that i can take upto 700w with out a problem

Last edited by noidaboy : 20th August 2008 at 17:58. Reason: text added
Old 20th August 2008, 18:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
ID products seem highly underrated,My friend is running a IDV3 on kenwood 9401d mono giving around 500w's and the woofer been rated 250w,and its doing well,i have read that i can take upto 700w with out a problem
That is news to me...a 250 rms sub can take 700 rms any links..???

But I was having trouble playing the IDMAX which is 1000 rms rated on a 1200 watts STEG amp, maybe the STEG is also underrated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks