Team-BHP - Auto Expo 08 - I.C.E Special
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Auto Expo 08 - I.C.E Special (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34308-auto-expo-08-i-c-e-special.html)

Hi all...

So we went to the Auto Expo and as expected here is a special report on the I.C.E scene there...

First off... the Audi A8 "S Line", featuring a Bang & Olufsen system. Very nice as far as looks go, and a unique feature...

Front door:

Rear door:

Parcel Shelf:

And the unique feature: pop-up waveguide tweeters on the dash

Waah waah kya baat hai :) , Ice from the AutoExpo in the Ice section by a Ice guru..nice..Thanks.. waiting for more pics..

Edit: The videos are too cool btw

WOW!!! Drool maal!!! I like the industrial looks - trust B&O to do it, as they have always done ever since time immemorial.

But, how do they sound?

Thanks, Gunbir, for being the eyes of hundreds of TBHPians who couldn't make it to the show.

I love the looks too. I've always had a thing for brushed aluminium :)

Thats brushed aluminium or stainless steel? Cant tell for sure from the pics. Gunbir bhai, shed some weight...oops, light. ;)

And whatever it is, whats it doing in front of the speaker??? Those grill openings look like they're many but I wonder what the open area percent actually is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 689424)
Thanks, Gunbir, for being the eyes of hundreds of TBHPians who couldn't make it to the show.

I have heard their wave guide speakers for home audio and am NOT impressed.

Thanks gubir for sharing the pics with us. Now for some details of the system. It seems to be a 6 speaker system to me? Is B&O available in India?

:Shockked:ohh!these were speakers..i thought they were some sort of metal discs used to hide the speaker holes in the doors..lol:

Great Pics Gunbir! Bang & Olufson are making some serious stuff Check out its home audio/video range it looks so cool & sophesticated...& so expensive also..great

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 689532)
I have heard their wave guide speakers for home audio and am NOT impressed.

Never been impressed by any of their products either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 689549)
Is B&O available in India?

For home, yes. B&O doesn't do after market ICE.

As for how it sounds... sounds nice enough for stock system. No dynamics, but sound stage is nice.

Also saw the launch of the Audi A4 "S Line"

This car also had a B&O system, though I couldn't get pics. Interesting though were the tuned small sub enclosures built into the rear parcel shelf. BTW this car is way roomier than the new C Class.

And a brilliant white TT. I love them white TTs. :)

The Punto...

was very well built and had a very nice interior. And of course, the ICE. It had an interesting "Fiat Hi-Fi system" subwoofer in the boot...

JBL was there officially at the Honda stall displaying the limited edition Honda Civic and City cars that will come with JBL ICE, and look who we found there...

Then there was the PTC stall displaying their Focal, Kicker, MTX, Morel wares...

Focal Kit 7

... and their demo cars

They also had the Eclipse CD-7100 (price quoted Rs 44k) in the red demo car, it had an upfront sub and a 3way. Sounded quite flat and ordinary actually. Other TBHP members also took demos so maybe they can add their comments. The Kicker Qualis was just plain loud, giving the poor folks at the adjoining stalls a headache.

And then there was Pioneer

They had two demo cars, a 2ch and a 5.1... Install was average and sounded quite off. But static display and stall was nice.

And one of the best overall ICE stalls at the show was the JVC stall... it was large, spacious, well designed, well displayed.

and they had a Scorpio on demo. Very nicely done demo car, build and finish was the best at the show. Output was also nice and clean.