Team-BHP - Noise
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Noise (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34313-noise.html)

Hey!
I've ICE'd my Swift. I have a 4 channel Sony amp connected to 2 rear speakers and an 800W Pioneer sub. I also have a 2 channel JBL amp connected to front components and rear door speakers. Now, when I play a song, or rather when there is a break between my music, and when the there is some volume, as low as 1 on my head unit, I get that ummm... how do I describe it... static noise?? It's like when you have your volume up completely, the speakers make this sort of "airy" noise. any way of getting rid of that?
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 689393)
Hey!
I've ICE'd my Swift. I have a 4 channel Sony amp connected to 2 rear speakers and an 800W Pioneer sub. I also have a 2 channel JBL amp connected to front components and rear door speakers. Now, when I play a song, or rather when there is a break between my music, and when the there is some volume, as low as 1 on my head unit, I get that ummm... how do I describe it... static noise?? It's like when you have your volume up completely, the speakers make this sort of "airy" noise. any way of getting rid of that?
Thanks.

you mean hiss...

1. check your wiring
2. also while you are at it I think you might be over loading your 2 ch. JBL amp if you are asking it to drive 4 speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 689540)
you mean hiss...

1. check your wiring
2. also while you are at it I think you might be over loading your 2 ch. JBL amp if you are asking it to drive 4 speakers.

ah! thats the word! "hiss"!!! Right. Will have my wiring checked. Though the guy who set my system said that the front door components wont be able to take the amp alone. Which is why he shared it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 689955)
Though the guy who set my system said that the front door components wont be able to take the amp alone..

The same guy whose set up created the hiss I bet! Sorry if I sound bugged but seriosuly setting up a stereo system is not rocket science, I get a bit peeved when "professional" installers mess it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 690034)
The same guy whose set up created the hiss I bet! Sorry if I sound bugged but seriosuly setting up a stereo system is not rocket science, I get a bit peeved when "professional" installers mess it up.

Now you know why DIY is the "in" thing!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 689540)
you mean hiss...

Nice word man. I liked it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 689393)
Hey!
I have a 4 channel Sony amp connected to 2 rear speakers and an 800W Pioneer sub. I also have a 2 channel JBL amp connected to front components and rear door speakers.

Venom,Plz correct me if i am wrong!You are running SIX speakers and sub woofer?
Check the power and ground wirring of the HU n AMP,check the gains on amp too,they might be set on a higher side.If possible plz don't ever visit the installer who installed the system,ever again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill (Post 690125)
Venom,Plz correct me if i am wrong!You are running SIX speakers and sub woofer?
Check the power and ground wirring of the HU n AMP,check the gains on amp too,they might be set on a higher side.If possible plz don't ever visit the installer who installed the system,ever again!

Ya If the gains are set to high it will happen. Also what Media are you playing MP3 or original Audio CD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 690137)
Also what Media are you playing MP3 or original Audio CD.

I think he gets the hiss without even inserting any media. I suppose one of his amps is set very high & the wiring is also not right. Even in full volume, without any media in the player, you really should not get the hiss. right gurus ?

"Hiss" or "white noise" is also the noise a snake may make. Missing any? Can you hear your cylinders firing though it or is it just a steady hiss noise regardless? If it is the first case, after checking your wiring, specially grounds, then there are cheap aftermarket ignition noise filters you can buy that may help a little. If not,.....I dunno!

I have the same problem in my Safari for last 1 year. Two points on this:

1.) It can happen because of wiring.
2.) Could be because of earthing
2.) The solution is to put come Noise Cancellation relay or get a Better Wiring done. Check if your cables are coaxial (like the ones used by Cable TV Guys). If they are not coaxial, the noise wont go till you fit a noise cancellation device/relay. Will cost some Rs. 250-300 as I was told some time back.

Put on the music system without CD in it and run the car. U will see the noise increases with speed. Even I am thinking of getting that relay but did not get time :(

i wud say its solely because of the following reasons.

i have faced the similar noise between track changes.

1. bad RCA cables so try changing them.

2. improper grounding of the amp.

3. Sony Amp and i hate Sony now,planning to change the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 690480)
1. bad RCA cables so try changing them.

2. improper grounding of the amp.

3. Sony Amp and i hate Sony now,planning to change the amp.

Yes these are the major culprit. Try changing the RCA first that might help a lot.

Also which amp you are upgrading to SS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 690514)

Also which amp you are upgrading to SS.

saving money right now,would love to have your suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 690201)
Can you hear your cylinders firing though it or is it just a steady hiss noise regardless?

you mean whine? that is usually sourced at the alternator and goes up in pitch as you rev the car.